The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dueling Rooms In The Relays

(PSN)B0XMAN517

I don't know where they would put this, without having to re-do the relays, but I have very little knowledge when it comes to coding so here goes regardless. There is an unused room, but I have a feeling DE has plans for that.

Looks like I missed some areas.

They have 2 completely unused floors in the relays, above and below the actual relay, plus the entire 2nd story hallways, the floors have a secret elevator that's blocked off, they connect to main floor in area north of the exact center of relay

I think dueling rooms would breath some life into the relays. Obviously we have dueling rooms in our dojos (I'm missing a few screws and made a tower of death with like 30 dueling rooms spread over many stacking floors because reasons), but you can only duel with people in your clan and alliance (being unable to recruit from the dojo makes "random dueling parties" hard to organize).

I love dueling and would creep in the relays just dueling people for fun and I think I'm not alone.

TL;DR: In a perfect world, where coding is easy and adding a dueling room is no hard task, would you use the dueling room to duel/watch duelers?

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

...oh.

This...actually seems like unbelievably obvious thing to do, that I haven't seen too many people say.

YES, IT SHOULD GO IN THE RELAYS.

+2

Personally, I'm a fan of the "Generally Ruthless" PVP that they provide. They don't lock frames and weapons.

Maybe we could even get 16 Free For Alls in those small places.

They should get an update, though. Obstacles like explosives could be spawnable in them. Would be cool. "Infinite Energy" as well. Maybe even "Infinite Health", but it shows how much damage the players are doing within a time limit. The winner is the one who does the most damage.

Edited by EternalOdyessy

They have 2 completely unused floors in the relays, above and below the actual relay, plus the entire 2nd story hallways, the floors have a secret elevator that's blocked off, they connect to main floor in area north of the exact center of relay

I would love to have a dueling room their also a plat betting mechanic added too, or a player funded tournament system

I would love to have a dueling room their also a plat betting mechanic added too, or a player funded tournament system

This.

OP, add this to the OP. Quote him.

If it is like the old school duals with whatever weapon (like in dojo), I'm all for it.

If it is like the regular limited pvp with limited mods and broken forma system, what's the point? Why would you want to add an extra step to get into a match when you can do it from the ship.

It would really just be a novelty that would soon wear off. I'd never use it. I doubt many people would. The new pvp is just to restrictive and requires so much work to get competitive mods.

I'd never even go into relays if I could do everything from ship!

If it is like the old school duals with whatever weapon (like in dojo), I'm all for it.

If it is like the regular limited pvp with limited mods and broken forma system, what's the point? Why would you want to add an extra step to get into a match when you can do it from the ship.

It would really just be a novelty that would soon wear off. I'd never use it. I doubt many people would. The new pvp is just to restrictive and requires so much work to get competitive mods.

I'd never even go into relays if I could do everything from ship!

No, I'm referring to the old school duels that you can have in your dojo.

They have 2 completely unused floors in the relays, above and below the actual relay, plus the entire 2nd story hallways, the floors have a secret elevator that's blocked off, they connect to main floor in area north of the exact center of relay.

Thanks I have added this to the OP. Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

i love this idea but just one suggestion, disable mods such as reach or primed reach i feel like everyone would abuse it with *cough* Orthos prime *Cough*, also reflect.....

So... dueling room/arena where you have to switch to your Conclave loadouts to participate? Could work, since the whole idea of this "relay dueling room" is to have a place to have fun and show off your skill. Like a wise man said: "The only deciding factor in who is the best would be skill,  gear, and skill, and your team, and skill and gear and the ability to get around pillars"

Edited by Nazrethim

So... dueling room/arena where you have to switch to your Conclave loadouts to participate? Could work, since the whole idea of this "relay dueling room" is to have a place to have fun and show off your skill. Like a wise man said: "The only deciding factor in who is the best would be skill,  gear, and skill, and your team, and skill and gear and the ability to get around pillars "

excatly "a place to have fun" i'm not saying for it to be just like conclave, i'm saying that when you swing your melee at me it better have been a direct hit and not air that killed me. oh and also i will not use the same gear as my opponent just to win if that where you're going...

I agree in general. The only problem is, there need to be some kind of restriction or setting in order to adjust what kind of weapon and abilities can be used.Some things are just not made for duels.

I believe adding a duel room to the hub is't that hard for DE. Cause the system behind the relays looks like a public dojo.

Edited by Arcira

excatly "a place to have fun" i'm not saying for it to be just like conclave, i'm saying that when you swing your melee at me it better have been a direct hit and not air that killed me. oh and also i will not use the same gear as my opponent just to win if that where you're going...

I was quoting someone else, actually that part with the gear is a joke. Here you can see the video: (on the 7:50 mark  starts the part I quoted)

Edited by Nazrethim

i love this idea but just one suggestion, disable mods such as reach or primed reach i feel like everyone would abuse it with *cough* Orthos prime *Cough*, also reflect.....

The reflect I agree with, but ethos you can literally slide right through, I do it against people with or this because it is partly my main weapon, know the weapon ad you have advantage