Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me, Im Addicted With The Orthos Prime Drug. Is There Any Other Weapon To Stop Me From Getting Addicted Of It?

-CM-Excalibur-

I honestly just paint it to look prime... Because it allows for shiny gold...

Don't judge me! I stopped using orthos the day tonbo came out.

Well its still cookin in the foundry so I hope It will make me forget bout the Orthos P

ORTHOS PRIME MASTER RACE!!

There is no cure for the Orthos Prime Disease, however. When I started Warframe, I had (and still maintain) a more stealth-orientated build. So I started with an Ash, Paris, Despair (I got lucky enough to get that fairly early in my Warframe experience), and I believe the Duel Ether Daggers, as the description stated that it was a way to kill cleanly in a more humane way to kill infested. I'm pretty sure it used to ignore Armor in Melee 1.0, but it didn't feel right for whatever reason. So I think after that, I obtained an Orthos and from there, the Orthos has ALWAYS been my favourite weapon. And I think I'm coming up to two years of Warframe now. So now my main build for Stealth looks like this. Ash Prime, Paris Prime, Aklex (with Suppress) [PLEASE PRIME DE], Orthos Prime. And having said all this, I've only considered putting Reach on my Orthos Prime once. It wasn't worth it. I found that the Orthos already has a comfortable range on it already. I was simply losing damage for extra, unneeded racge (in my opinion).

HOWEVER, to give a suggestion to a refreshing Melee, I found MoGaMu's build for the Scindo Prime works for me (with Stance and Elemental differences), or you can try a Dragon Nikana. Otherwise, I can't recommend any worthy replacements of the Orthos Prime.

I have tried the scindo p and the d nikana and still no cure

OP implies it will get nerfed at some point.YOU REALLY WANT IT TO GET NERFED?

welp i dont say it will be nerfed, i just said im addicted to the weapon so thats a good thing lolol

OP implies it will get nerfed at some point.YOU REALLY WANT IT TO GET NERFED?

welp i dont say it will be nerfed, i just said im addicted to the weapon so thats a good thing lolol

jat kittag with blast proc. is basically melee sonicor very satisfying.

galatine tempo royal stance you are the matrix you are the tenno you are destruction

glaive prime power throw wait i thought that was a melee weapon

tipedo what just happened? dont worry about i simply solved a problem nothing more nothing less

weapons are just like frames i go on 2 week long beige spams of them until i learn all their in and outs before putting them to the side in my normal rotation. there are exceptions ofc no trinity is ok without her glaive prime no loki is complete without his dragon nikana (first strike of quick melee doesnt slow you down with stalker stance) and for the fasion frame players no excal without prisma skana and no valkitty without venkas. 

warframe exists to allow you to play with a multitude of different weapons and allows you to equip 3 weapons a sentinal/kubrow and a warframe all at once learning to utilize all these resources in an efficient yet fun manor is what warframe is all about try a zephyr with rakta cernos sonicor and boltace. using diriga vulkok and 2 arcane barriers you will go from being one of the most mocked frames in game to being a floaty bird of despair death and devestation vs every faction in game.

Ninkondi with Primed Reach. Guaranteed 100% status (pure elemental weapon) and slide attack hits 3 times if you time it right. Plays kind of similarly to OP with a bit less range, but with side-grade utility. Normal quick attack doesn't slow you down, so excellent for rushing.

Low/ medium level damage dealer and late-game status machine, also the best melee weapon to support your primary damage dealer IMO.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence

Ninkondi with Primed Reach. Guaranteed 100% status (pure elemental weapon) and slide attack hits 3 times if you time it right. Plays kind of similarly to OP with a bit less range, but with side-grade utility. Normal quick attack doesn't slow you down at all either.

Never really thought of putting p reach on ninkondis :) gotta try this! Ty OP :) Edited by BladeOfRuin

The whip animations are only longer than Orthos Prime on regular attacks, which are pretty crap on both pole and whip stances. Whips also don't have wide hitboxes unlike poles.

The strongest attacks on poles are spin, air and slam attacks. There's no melee outside of ranged ones that would hit longer than Orthos Prime spin attack.

The whip animations are only longer than Orthos Prime on regular attacks, which are pretty crap on both pole and whip stances. Whips also don't have wide hitboxes unlike poles.

The strongest attacks on poles are spin, air and slam attacks. There's no melee outside of ranged ones that would hit longer than Orthos Prime spin attack.

pretty sure this video would disagree with u