Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Dread Or Paris?

DePieje

Question

Hi everyone, I've got a little question for you: Should I keep my dread or my paris?

I've got them both level 30 now ans can't decide which one to keep. ( I have to make place in my inventory for my latron prime :P )

Anyway the dread does more damage, 2 polarity slots, shoots a little bit faster (I think) and dismembers ennemies (pretty cool to see each time), but it's a damn ugly bow imo.

As for the paris it has armor piercing arrows and looks waaaay better then that dread(ful) bow.

4 answers to this question

Before I state my opinion, I just want to say I haven't been able to play for the past week or so since my computer is in the shop. I have been keeping up to date on the hotfix info, but DE does a lot of undocumented fixes and changes, so I'm not 100% on whether or not the following is still true. 

HOWEVER:

Last time I played, charged shots on the bow would not apply elemental effects if you were not the host! If you are planning on doing a lot of uncharged shots, I would say that you might want to use the Dread. It lacks the armor piercing, but with the two ATTACK polarity slots, you can easily make up for that since the higher base gives you an edge when it comes to elements. 

If you are planning on using a lot of charge shots... well, I'm not sure.

To be honest, I haven't done the math yet. What I would recommend is that if you find yourself feeling forced to use a certain weapon, and don't enjoy seeing it on your frame, or don't enjoy the feel of using it, get rid of it. Since this game is PvE, the actual value of a weapon lies not in it's stats, but in how much fun it is to slaughter people with. As of now, there isn't much in the game that is difficult enough to preclude the use of one weapon or another.

The most important question, then, is which do you like better? Pretend that they had the exact same stats. Which would you use? Would you prefer dismembering people, or a better looking(in your opinion) bow?

Thanks for the reply :)

The look of a weapon does actually matter a lot to me and I liked your point on the fact that this games isn't that hard at all.

Meaning my damage output isn't all that important, but I find it very frustrating that these bows have such a hard time in killing at all (starting from level 15-20 ennemies it's a 2-3 shot-kill).

And I feel like I finish 'em off easier with the dread though I always fire charged shots.

Last thing I forgot to add was the rarity of the dread (stalker-kill ) and the insane ressourcecosts I had to pay to build it.

Thanks again for your help, I guess I will sell my paris, since I can always rebuild it whenever I want at a lower price. :)