Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Kind Of Auction House? [Megathread]

rudman88

Why cant we have auction house in warframe.

number of item in auction house = mastery rank

D.E ( the auction house )

will get 0.5% from the sales.

It takes too long to get a decent buyer ( lots of unnecessary comments )

1. No auction houses.

2. You not being able to sell something is a matter of your personal luck and skill. Do not try to sell something that no one wants to buy- and you will have no issues. Most stuff everyone already has or does not want.

3. NO AUCTION HOUSES. They kill economies.

how can anybody control the price of any item when you are the ones who set the price?

This is not like real economy where the government can give lesser tax and somebody can get unfair advantage

they can buy out all the lowest item then set it up at a high price rinse and repeat.

I'm all for it. There's problems with auction houses, but you guys are all crazy if you don't think the current system is horrible too. No one knows what things are worth, and everything is either greatly overpriced or deflated to nothing. All an auction house would do is the exact same thing, either deflating or inflating things in the same way, and at least it would come with not having to deal with a horrible chat.

I'm all for it. There's problems with auction houses, but you guys are all crazy if you don't think the current system is horrible too. No one knows what things are worth, and everything is either greatly overpriced or deflated to nothing. All an auction house would do is the exact same thing, either deflating or inflating things in the same way, and at least it would come with not having to deal with a horrible chat.

Basically this

We need a smoother trading system than just yelling in a chat room with a 2 minute message delay waiting for a PM (it's hell)

Basically this

We need a smoother trading system than just yelling in a chat room with a 2 minute message delay waiting for a PM (it's hell)

it maybe a bit chaotic the trading chat but having an auction house will make the game economy much worse. Ppl/clan will have an easier control over the items deflating and inflating it would be much easier compared to the ones we have. Also you can haggle the prices with the current system and it will also lower the people who trade item for an item instead players might go to the route of "I will just sell it in the auction house for plat".

Edited by MakubeX

And what makes you thing they arent manipulating the market now? they have few hundred people to spam the chat room to set the standard. 300 x 2 mins = 600 mins try to beat that,

open market is always better than closed market.

in open market people cant make abnormal profit like now.

it will not affect your trade because you still can trade in trading room.

your shout is delayed in 2 mins, during peek hours, within 2 mins your post will be pushed way above.

Maybe people can just list items, but you could sort for lowest price first, ensuring the best deal. Instead of having to invite someone over take them to my trade both i'd rather have it all be in the liset menus. Trade now takes too long and half the time your trade partner just leaves.

Maybe people can just list items, but you could sort for lowest price first, ensuring the best deal. Instead of having to invite someone over take them to my trade both i'd rather have it all be in the liset menus. Trade now takes too long and half the time your trade partner just leaves.

This makes me remember the infamous 0.01 ISK wars in EVE.

auction houses is perfect as long as you limit the amount of items you can buy of the same kind. like you can only buy two loki systems or what ever or one per day. that way you dont get these people buying 7 loki systems hording them then selling them later to rocket jump the price. auction house with regulations is the way to go.

<3 Auction houses

Those that say no.. Have you ever played any MMO with this system? (not install get bored and fast delete game, i mean PLAY)

Explain why action houses are bad please.

Economy gonna go down? for who? For those that want proffit that is.

Prices go down? its the same as trading chat... everyone's trying to sell so they go cheaper anyways.

Why cant we have auction house in warframe.

number of item in auction house = mastery rank

D.E ( the auction house )

will get 0.5% from the sales.

It takes too long to get a decent buyer ( lots of unnecessary comments )

As has been said, auction houses kill economies.  Developers have been moving away from them over the past decade or so for this very reason.

Sure, they're convenient, but that very convenience is what fairly quickly leads to inflation, which then feeds back onto and affects gameplay in the end (since game economies aren't really economies, and are built around the specific gameplay of the game) as developers have to alter drop tables to compensate for people gaming the system via the auction house.

That said, the current system could use some QOL tweaks, which I'm sure DE is well aware of.

The only auction house system that actually worked well was the "blind" system of City of Heroes.  As with many things from that game, developers would do well to look into how that worked, and iterate on it.

Edited by Omnimorph

How about giving us an ability to pop down stalls in relays to trade with everyone if people are so against auction houses and possible inflation.

While on the topic of stalls, give clans a new room(trading room) where clan members are able to list their stuff for sale and go off the game while other clan members are able to see the listed items and buy it if they need it....?

Any of this is better than posting in trade chat every 2mins and then praying that they don't reply back with "offer", which leads to a toxic conversation and "user is ignoring you" most of the time.

Edited by kiteohatto

Auction house is bad, though we need something better, forums are not the answer.  Also going to the Dojo is horrible, why can i not just gift mods to a friend like Diablo 3?

you can only do that on console version of D3, cant deck out a buddy in gear on PC