Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Kind Of Auction House? [Megathread]

rudman88

True It did but then again i could live with that. I stopped playing before the bazaar or closely after so never saw how the impact was myself. I played mostly korean or other none western mmos for years after that.

In them most of the AH restricted trade to the point where even be best raid gear where worthless.

Since you had millions selling the same gear most of the time it was not even worth selling them since if you wanted it sold fast you had to cut your price by half to even have a chance to get it sold.

i prefer a better interface for player player trading vs a AH all days of the week.

The problem you and others are seeing is something called "cost of entry" to a market.

An auction house system decreases that cost of entry to be something that more players are willing to deal with. No annoying bartering, no "offer" shenanigans, so on so forth.

The price decrease is due to the number of potential sellers increases and thus the supply within the market increases.

I have a very high potential to flood the market with frostbite, the pistol cold dual stat mod. I have almost 50 of these now, you know their going rate due to the inflation caused by people disliking the economy in this game so much? 10p each, I can sell several a day at that rate and end up getting more of them than I sell when affinity farming solo.

The problem you and others are seeing is something called "cost of entry" to a market.

An auction house system decreases that cost of entry to be something that more players are willing to deal with. No annoying bartering, no "offer" shenanigans, so on so forth.

The price decrease is due to the number of potential sellers increases and thus the supply within the market increases.

I have a very high potential to flood the market with frostbite, the pistol cold dual stat mod. I have almost 50 of these now, you know their going rate due to the inflation caused by people disliking the economy in this game so much? 10p each, I can sell several a day at that rate and end up getting more of them than I sell when affinity farming solo.

The cost of entry is one of the few things that make things have value on the market at all in warframe.

you are not the only one who would have 50 of that mod all of us who do any kind of spy mission could have a endless supply of them if we did enough spy missions.

and that is where your point fails.

You only need the mod ONCE then you can use it on all your characters and all your pistols that will ever be released in warframe.

This applies to all players of warframe. They only need to find a mod once then the demand is zero. Yet the supply of the mod is only increasing. The only way to take your 50 mods off the supply chain of this game is for you to either use them as transmution fodder, sell them for credits or if you delete your warframe account.

that is 3 ways for them to be removed from the game. Now unless we count vaulted items or event mods and a few exceptions all mods can be found.

If they can be found they  will be rewarded to all players in a party. so a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 will get that mod every time it drops.

once again you can only sell those 50 mods for that price due to the cost of entry.

If every single player who had that mod drop would put it up for sale its finito for your plans to sell it.

there exits 16 million accounts for warframe lets say 25% of them are players who actively play the game.

so 4 million active players lets say 25% of them have the mod

so 1 million players have the mod

do you think the cost of entry being zero will be beneficial for you still?

at any point in time you will have to compete against a million others seller for that mod alone.

With the droprates being as high as they are in this game the supply will always be far far greater then the demand will ever be.

if everyone of the players who had the mod sold 4 of them there would suddenly be no more market since all 4 million active players would have the mod.

The problem is not the auction house, the problem is the way that the warframe economy use it's resources.

I never said an auction house is a problem, or cannot work period- I said that it cannot work in WARFRAME- specifically because of what you essentially just quoted me on by saying "the way that the warframe economy..." Warframe's economy admittably is not the greatest, but because of how it is set up... nothing can really be done except VERY LONG TERM to change how it operates. Adding in something that would straight up kill it is even worse than leaving it how it is.

I never said an auction house is a problem, or cannot work period- I said that it cannot work in WARFRAME- specifically because of what you essentially just quoted me on by saying "the way that the warframe economy..." Warframe's economy admittably is not the greatest, but because of how it is set up... nothing can really be done except VERY LONG TERM to change how it operates. Adding in something that would straight up kill it is even worse than leaving it how it is.

oh I know :/ that was what I meant lol. Was kinda tired,,, hurrr sleepy ( -_-)