Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why should i use any other shotgun besides the HEK?

CY13ERPUNK

so i looked at the stats

the BOAR does less dmg and was less accurate than the STRUN, but was fully auto and had a few more rounds

the HEK on the other hand was just a complete upgrade from the STRUN all across the board

i never bought/used the BOAR or the STRUN, i just bought HEK blueprints and took off from there

now that my HEK is lev 17, is there any reason i would ever want to use a STRUN/BOAR? (this seems bad by design)

Maybe make STRUN most accurate shotgun, BOAR best dps thru sustained fire but lacking in acc and burst dmg, and HEK lowest acc, but most dmg per shot (making all of them have a niche and be individually viable)

Well...

I take the Braton over the Gorgon because I prefer the way it feels to fire.

I also prefer that it's slightly less DPS because I like the added challenge.

Just because it's better in a min/max mentality doesn't mean it has no place.

This game is easy enough that it really doesn't matter which weapon you take.

Even though I really like my Strun, the Hek is supposed to be a Rank 5 restricted item which explains a bit about its overall 'betterness' as it were. I'm not entirely sure what direction they want to head with the weapons and gear currently, but I'm sure we all know and agree that getting a beat-all end-all gun permanently isn't as fun as only being able to use it for a short while. I'll be interested in seeing how it ends up balancing out, honestly.

haha, thanks for taking that bullet (or shots) for me then Ced =P

To give a scope: I have a Puncture mod, several damage mods, 25% armor-piercing among them, and fire rate installed in that piece of crap. I go on a Grineer exterminate alert. 61 Grineer. Can't be too hard ,eh? Well, it's in Pluto, so the dudes are level 55. But, whatever, shotgun to the face will solve it, right?

I went through four ammoboxes (600 shots), my start ammo (+150) and my clip (+25 shots), and still had 25 Grineer left. That includes picked up ammo. Abyssmal.

The Boar is horrible. Trust me, I leveled it to 30. The DPS on that thing is abyssmal.

Mostly due to the spread. Unless you're 5m away from your enemy(e.g. right on top of it), the majority of your pellets are taking a vacation in empty space.

Mostly due to the spread. Unless you're 5m away from your enemy(e.g. right on top of it), the majority of your pellets are taking a vacation in empty space.

I am aware of that - I pretty much shove the thing down my target's throat. It still underperforms, horribly.

Borderlands or Diablo or almost any other RPG like loot system would do good for this game.

Then you wouldn't be stuck with only one weapon and installing mods that give only damage.

Warframe currently lacks content badly and the content there is, is imbalanced.

Borderlands or Diablo or almost any other RPG like loot system would do good for this game.

Then you wouldn't be stuck with only one weapon and installing mods that give only damage.

Warframe currently lacks content badly and the content there is, is imbalanced.

I'm not too critical on the amount of content, given that it's closed beta. But I do agree that the game really needs to decide on how it wants to implement balance. Are weapons supposed to be side grades or upgrades? If they are upgrades, then there is NO reason to ever bother unlocking a lower tier weapon if it will just become useless later on.

Also, they need to decide how big an impact are mods supposed to have. Currently the base weapons are not anywhere near sufficient for endgame zones like Pluto. People brag about being able to solo the zone, but I would be willing to bet they are exploiting currently imbalanced mods like multi-shot, to exponentially boost their weapon's performance. Take that away and everyone will just complain either the game is too hard or the weapons are too weak.

Edited by Ryme

I am aware of that - I pretty much shove the thing down my target's throat. It still underperforms, horribly.

Strun. Boar is even worse(less accuracy and only 5 pellets). 2 meters, and that trooper to the right ate a pellet in the face.

shotgunspread.jpg

Edited by KGeddon

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing like slowly walking forward *POW-flying grineer* *POW-grineer splats against the wall* *POW-flying grineer* *POW-dead roller*. And then running abit, sliding until you slow down right at the end of the hall, turn to your left to see a grineer hiding around the corner, and then that one second of silence as you're slowly coming to a stop before *POW-grineer does a backflip*. I love my Hek... But anyway, the Hek doesn't unlock until you get on abit in ranks, which means you'd have to level lots of other weaps before you can get your hands on one of those babies. So it's either level a strun/boar or be completely deprived of shotgun rain until you can get a Hek.