Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Forcing Us To Play Archwing De

-Ozymandias-

I think the proper wording for archwing is separate, not different. it is similar to the game we have sure, with minor changes to gameplay, but the bigger issue is that neither modes play off each other. nothing from the core gameplays transfers to aw, and nothing from aw transfers to the core game. there is little to no interaction between the two as they both have their own frames, weapons, and mods, which in such an already grind heavy game isn't a very welcome situation. Especially when it becomes a necessity to move forward in the other one. 

As I keep saying, archwing is built like a standalone game (has its own independent frames/loot/progression) but is behaving like an expansion. If de would open more connections between the modes this wouldn't be quite an issue, but there has yet to been any steps towards integrating both games. 

There are examples of AW and WF integrating with each other, perhaps fewer than there should be to make them feel more related for some people. Ripkas require Telluirum, AW mobs drop regular materials and fusion cores, and most recently, Jordas Golem drops the blueprints for an entire frame.

Personally speaking I have dreamed of short AW spurts between two vessels as a single mission. As an example, a Sabotage mission that requires one person to acquire a package/bomb from a Grineer munitions galleon, escape ship A in AW, blast through a blockade of space baddies, breach ship B, then escape that. Think like it would be a space battle from Star Wars Battlefront II. This would at least blend the two modes together and eliminate that whole "different game" feeling that people have.

Edited by Xcedis

There are examples of AW and WF integrating with each other, perhaps fewer than there should be to make them feel more related for some people. Ripkas require Telluirum, AW mobs drop regular materials and fusion cores, and most recently, Jordas Golem drops the blueprints for an entire frame.

Personally speaking I have dreamed of short AW spurts between two vessels as a single mission. As an example, a Sabotage mission that requires one person to acquire a package/bomb from a Grineer munitions galleon, escape ship A in AW blast through a blockade of space baddies, breach ship B, then escape that. Think like it would be a space battle from Star Wars Battlefront II.

Or instead of our dropship dropping us off we could skydive out our dropship into archwing battle in the skys

Or instead of our dropship dropping us off we could skydive out our dropship into archwing battle in the skys

And then land and proceed with a Capture mission or any other normal mission. 

The point is that AW is in a primordial state and that DE needs more time to improve it and blend it with normal WF.

I feel there is just a misconception about Archwing on the forums. The facts about Archwing are simple. There are three different Archwings with very basic abilities, and one Prime version of an Archwing. There is only ten mods for Archwings which come simply by playing the Archwing/Sharkwing modes.

There is only seven different weapons for the Archwings and one Vandel weapon. There are six melee weapons for Archwing and one Prime version. There are twelve different mods for the Archwing weapons and eleven different mods for the melee weapons.

If you look at the amount of mods that are viable for Warframes versus the amount of mods for Archwing they are still quite the same. The only real mods that ground play has over Archwing is corrupted mods and primed mods.

The amount of weapons seems pretty close as well. You have a shotgun(Corvus), a few rifles(Imperator and Phaedra), a bow like weapon(Fluctus), an explosion type(Grattler), a sniper type(Velocitus), and some rapid fire pistols(Dual Ddecurion). All of those weapons work well in Archwing and allow for different play styles. There may be more Warframe Primaries and Secondaries to choose from, but the base groundwork for Archwing is done well.

There are still some issues, such as AI just running directly at you trying to kamikaze instead of flying around trying to shoot you. The loot being hard to spot. The mission objectives sometimes being skewed in how to get to them. All in all I feel the mode is not as hard as the ground play is to get into. You need less mods for Archwing, have simpler weapons, and with the changes to add new mission types and extra experience to Archwing not to hard to level.

If you go into Archwing expecting Viver, Stephano, or Draco levels of experience then you will be sorely disappointed. However, if you go into Archwing wanting to actually play the game you might be pleasantly surprised. I, for one, did not want to play Archwing until I actually started to play Archwing. I found it fun and refreshing to play. It added a new reason for me to keep playing and enjoy the game.

TL;DR

Archwing is a very bare bones version of space Warframe. It is not that hard to get into and with the changes to the experience and new modes it can be fun to play and level up.

well i want archwing on everything, and the "original concept" you are talking about, is to archwing to become a complementary part of the gameplay in all the ship nodes. at the beginning was a stand alone game mode because some issues with scale and distances, plus some optimization problems, but now that De is retaking the original idea of archwing i couldn't be more happy, i just hope for the day we can be able to do archwig / land / achwing transitions freely

on an unrelated topic

also this is a forum, where opinions are never safe from critisism / oposition, deal with it

Another batch of content to the main game delayed, due to archwing. And some people actually find that exciting? kind of hard for me to understand the appeal of a shoot-em-up with 0 imagination abilities.

This too.

They spent months in developing archwing instead of focusing on what the game actually needs.

Personally speaking I have dreamed of short AW spurts between two vessels as a single mission. As an example, a Sabotage mission that requires one person to acquire a package/bomb from a Grineer munitions galleon, escape ship A in AW, blast through a blockade of space baddies, breach ship B, then escape that. Think like it would be a space battle from Star Wars Battlefront II. This would at least blend the two modes together and eliminate that whole "different game" feeling that people have.

I do acknowledge that as slight immersion, but it is far from what I'm talking about. You can make progress from AW missions in core gameplay, but none of your progression from either side is carried into the other, which is where the disconnect is. The player whose been at this game since beta and has all the weapons and all the mods, starting aw, is no different from an entirely new player starting the game. That should not be how a new game mode is, it shouldn't reset you as if you haven't played before, treat you like a new player, that's just no, save it for a separate game. As it is now, sharing loot and locking content from other games modes behind each other is actually a worse situation, because just disliking something isn't too bad so long as you have the option to avoid it, but when you can't sparks start to fly.

This area is where I seem to find a lot of disconnect as well, I can't emphasize enough that mid mission swaps from normal gameplay to archwing are not the same as creating real ties between games. They need to share more than maps or art styles. Even with this system there would be no carry over from one game mode to the other, all your progress is still split to each specific mode with very little to no carry over. That isn't to say this concept on its own isn't very neat, but is far from what Archwing needs at the moment, and would really only aggravate players who don't like archwings current situation even more. 

Edited by Cubewano

That is actually false.

But I bow to your superior knowledge of the event, having played it ALL the last time like I did. Having joined many random groups in recruiting as I did. You know FAR better than me what I actually did after all, because I disagree with you.

No, the relays were destroyed because people wanted to see some of them destroyed and wanted to see if DE would let it happen. (they did) THEN people like me got together and fought to protect the last three. I lost count of how many runs I did, but I had 1487 Omega Isotopes for the disruptor when i started and 400 when I stopped.

For the first one, sure. For the next three, including the OG, Vesper, it was genuinely "I hate Archwing" and "The Rewards aren't good enough for me" and "The Relays are all the same" and "It'll give the Void Trader less places to go". No one cared about the in-game lives that could be lost because at the end of the day games like this are soley loot-driven. No one cares now.

It begs the question: Why're they doing this? Surely they learned from their mistakes on that event? And why now in particular, when Fomorians and Vay Hek have all but dropped off the radar for the better part of 2015?

I want to think that it's to kick off a proper Relay Restoration event, but that's pretty unlikely given that Relays haven't gotten the love they deserve for about a year.

For the first one, sure. For the next three, including the OG, Vesper, it was genuinely "I hate Archwing" and "The Rewards aren't good enough for me" and "The Relays are all the same" and "It'll give the Void Trader less places to go". No one cared about the in-game lives that could be lost because at the end of the day games like this are soley loot-driven. No one cares now.

It begs the question: Why're they doing this? Surely they learned from their mistakes on that event? And why now in particular, when Fomorians and Vay Hek have all but dropped off the radar for the better part of 2015?

I want to think that it's to kick off a proper Relay Restoration event, but that's pretty unlikely given that Relays haven't gotten the love they deserve for about a year.

Relay is close to 70% integrity.

And it's been like what? 3 hours? 4 hours?

Edit: i was told thats the Fomorian integrity?

Edit 2: it is, i accept my mistake here

Edited by -HB-Angainor

yeah, not like that development group could be developing something else if aw wasn't taking up space. 

Yeah, indeed, in no way might they actually want to do something specific that they want to do, given that people will whine here about it regardless.

Anyway, with luck, if you don't want to do the gamemode, there'll be enough people to do it for you. The benefits of a community that shares different opinions.

Events aren't mandatory, Atlas is available in the market and you can get plat through trade. What part of it is mandatory again?

but they do influence content i.e - destroying relays, which does matter to people who want to experience the core game, and how is a player being forced to buy it with cash a fair solution. 

Edited by Cubewano

i agree with op 100% i have feeling that de force aw  inderectlly little by little and i have 0 interest in flight simulation

Exactly.

The game is advertised as a 3rd person rpg shooter.

Thousands of players downloaded the game and are still playing it because of that.

I am NOT demandind anyone to hate AW, im not demanding DE to remove it entirely.

All i want is them to stop FORCING us to play a game mod we never liked.

Keep AW for those who like it.

But don't make us (the vast majority of the playerbase) who hate it play it just because you put time into it.