Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Forcing Us To Play Archwing De

-Ozymandias-

You know, I keep asking myself why you people dont want the OWNERS of the game to promote content that they were working for YEARS.

You ask why no one is defending Archwing, I will tell you this: I saw your Title and thought "This crap again..." and had half a mind to ignore this, and most probably did, instead I'm here writing this. And look how many upvotes those who defend it are getting.

If you dont like the game mode, either dont play it or even better: give constructive feedback as to why you find it bad and what can be done to improve it to be as fun as the normal game, instead of saying its bad and nothing else.

I'm honestly trying to understand how this is being "Forced" on any form.

If you were giving constructive criticism I would love to trade points with you on what is and what's not good and build an actual discussion, but I just see this thread just like an "If you dont do this I will quit the game." thread.

Edited by Kao-Snake

AW fans will just assume we want AW completely removed regardless of what we are actually saying.

Many times in this post i said i am not demanding AW to be removed, just not forced into us.

Except the end goal of AW is for it to ultimately be blended in the main game mode. The staff has said that since it's reveal and continue to work towards that till today. The entire uranus tileset being our biggest evidence and they still have more improvements and ideas for the mode.

AW unlike PvP is meant to be played along side the main game, hence DE will make content that requires Archwing. If you do not like the mode you suggest way to improve it as DE does listen to feedback. However saying "I don't like it, don't force me to play it" serves no one as feedback, it's part of the game, deal with it.

Force.

Verb

1. make (someone) do something against their will.

You yourself don't like archwing and you have the option not to play. If you're playing it now because you want the rewards, then it is you who forced yourself to play it in the first play. DE didn't make you sit in front of your computer and waste/spend your time playing a game, it is your choice after all.

People in wars like in Iraq are actually the one's who are kind of people who are being forced to do something they do not like and that's to abandon their homes. How funny that we use extreme words such as "being forced to do something" but all we do is be lazy playing games anyway.

Yes. Also recall that a decent amount wouldn't bother saving the relays, making it a 50/50 that the last three remaining relays we have will be gone.

So unless DE is going to create an event creating a relay, you might have to take the chances, otherwise no baro

Actually I'm probably spewing ignorance. I can't check the data for the relay progress. I'm too busy rip

Edited by Jaruis

Yes. Also recall that a decent amount wouldn't bother saving the relays, making it a 50/50 that the last three remaining relays we have will be gone.

So unless DE is going to create an event creating a relay, you might have to take the chances, otherwise no baro

Actually I'm probably spewing ignorance. I can't check the data for the relay progress. I'm too busy rip

From what i can tell, these Fomorians are not as durable as the event versions. This one is a new type of alert now, so i assume DE weaken them by a lot.

No, that is not what i implied at all. My post explicitly said that Archwing is not going anywhere, no matter how much people cry about it. So all those people saying it needs to be removed because they don't like it, regardless of whether DE polishes it, should just deal with it. 

who's saying that? this thread is about not forcing people to play archwing who don't want to, not removing it from the entire game. there is a huge difference between the two. 

-but the game is NOT crashing and burning. Its growing and becoming more successful. I think DE knows what theyre doing.

saying - "i hate AW, remove it" does not help at all.

1. There are MANY players that enjoy AW and want it expanded

2. Removing content is not going to help the game. Many of the AW haters just want to say they hate it, and dont want to even give it a chance to improve.

I didn't say the game was crashing, but it certainly will if it reaches the point where none of the community voice their concerns and grievances. part of having a healthy long lived game is having a community that will point out its faults and help it develop further. when people become so idle as to just not bother offering their views a game will rot. also where did i say that i hate aw or it should be removed? i said it shouldn't be required content, but that a far stretch from wanting it removed or hating it. 

1. i didn't suggest anything to the contrary, heck most of my comments have been aimed towards how to make AW to be a successful part of this game

2. again i didn't request archwing be removed, just that they stop making aw a necessity for those who don't want to play it (aka locking frames, quests, and the fates of certain game content behind it)

Ok i suggest following things that would make arch wing better:

Enlarge/brighten mobs, they are simply to small.

Auto loot all drops regardless if you are near except energy/health orbs (which should be enlarged/brightened), actually spotting drops in this mode is extremely hard and a pita. All this loots are so small and unoticable I actually have to go over kill zones repeatedly just to see/pick them up.

Increase exp rates drastically; getting exp in AW even with a booster is so low I don't want to do it.

I look over AW locations across the map on occasion and they are always EMPTY so I question just how popular the AW fans say it is with the masses. Face the fact that only a very small percentage of the population actually actively plays this mode on a regular basis.

Edited by fizbit

who's saying that? this thread is about not forcing people to play archwing who don't want to, not removing it from the entire game. there is a huge difference between the two. 

You know people have been saying it or has said it in other threads. You can choose to ignore it or pretend they don't if you wish but it's still there. No one is forcing you to do anything.

You know people have been saying it or has said it in other threads. You can choose to ignore it or pretend they don't if you wish but it's still there. No one is forcing you to do anything.

then go talk to them about it? i haven't seen anyone in this thread asking for aw to be removed so there no point bringing it up here. And really now? So there's a way for me to get atlas and limbo without using aw or buying them with plat? I can somehow stop relays from being blow up without participating in the aw part of these formorian events? 

Edited by Cubewano

Ok i suggest following things that would make arch wing better:

Enlarge/brighten mobs, they are simply to small.

Auto loot all drops regardless if you are near except energy/health orbs (which should be enlarged/brightened), actually spotting drops in this mode is extremely hard and a pita. All this loots are so small and unoticable I actually have to go over kill zones repeatedly just to see/pick them up.

Increase exp rates drastically; getting exp in AW even with a booster is so low I don't want to do it.

I look over AW locations across the map on occasion and they are always EMPTY so I question just how popular the AW fans say it is with the masses. Face the fact that only a very small percentage of the population actually actively plays this mode on a regular basis.

Exactly what i'm saying.

I've never seen a single squad in any AW node.

Eyes of Blight was one of the worst received events in Warframe history. And this has a chance to drop Imperator Vandal PARTS? You know, that gun that looks like a half chewed Skittle? That we got for free the first time? Fully built? Who legitimately thought this was a good idea and why aren't they being reprimanded for it?

You do realize that new blood is life blood for the continued improvement and success of this game? That new players that have never seen a Famorian might like it?

then go talk to them about it? i haven't seen anyone in this thread asking for aw to be removed so there no point bringing it up here. And really now? So there's a way for me to get atlas and limbo without using aw or buying them with plat? I can somehow stop relays from being blow up without participating in the aw part of these formorian events? 

No, how about you stop arguing with me about it?

Your logic is all over the place from what i'm seeing. First you're trying to say that i implied Archwing doesn't need tweaks, as if you actually play or enjoy the game mode. Now you're basically saying that you don't want anything to do with Archwing to get things. So which is it? You think it needs more polishing before it gets integrated into the rest of the game? or do you want Archwing to remain isolated from the rest of Warframe?

It still isn't forcing you to do anything. Force =/= Motivate. If you were being forced, you would be physically unable to say no or put it off. Archwing has incentives, something that encourages/motivates you to do it but you're still capable of putting it off.

Exactly what i'm saying.

I've never seen a single squad in any AW node.

Do you want to know why?

Because you haver never played AW, or just not for long enough to learn how to play it.

I am glad DE made archwing, i was getting bored of the same game modes everyday, archwing was something never seen before and yes, DE spent a lot of time creating this for us, yet people like you hate on it.

Just deal with it, AW is now part of the game and it's here to stay.

Also, from what i can see, MOST people who replied on this thread like AW, and about what facts are you talking bout? The fact that you can't see that most of us actually enjoy AW.

If you want to get Atlas, go and do it, nothing is stopping you from doing so.

Facts are facts, just because you feel offended by my opinion doesn't mean you represent the whole community. Out of 30 ppl in my clan, only 1 likes AW.

Nice confirmation bias, bro.

Given that DE has analytics that assess roughly 1500 times that amount of people, I'm fairly certain they introduce content more people than not will appreciate.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you represent the community.

At first I did dislike Archwing but you know there was a day when I got desperate and brought my uber sh*tty gears on Uranus so I can rank up faster. I tried dodging the bullet rains using the new overthrust feature and chain melee-ing the enemies 1 by 1. I never knew Archwing could be that skill-based, now I'm also a big fan of Archwing.

I don't hate AW missions, every once and a while they are a fun change of pace. That said I vastly prefer the regular missions. I don't mind having AW in the game for a little variety, and I certainly wouldn't want it removed as some folks do enjoy it as is clear by the previous posts. I personally feel that it should be kept as a side line for those who enjoy it and not made an intregal part of quest lines. Kind of like PVP, if you dig it you have an avenue to do it, and get rewards for it, it may even be your primary focus, but you can also play PVE exclusively and still accomplish all the story missions. I think similiarly AW missions and events should be available, rewarding, and tied into the story line, but as there are many who don't enjoy Archwings they should not be made part of any key main story missions.

Hey, to all ya'll folks who dislike the Archwing portion but still want to participate, I've got a solution that MIGHT be of interest to you: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/546009-the-balor-attacks-a-little-suggestion-for-them-regular-mission-option/

Support it, if you like it.

I like it and i think it is a fair solution.

+1

I don't hate AW missions, every once and a while they are a fun change of pace. That said I vastly prefer the regular missions. I don't mind having AW in the game for a little variety, and I certainly wouldn't want it removed as some folks do enjoy it as is clear by the previous posts. I personally feel that it should be kept as a side line for those who enjoy it and not made an intregal part of quest lines. Kind of like PVP, if you dig it you have an avenue to do it, and get rewards for it, it may even be your primary focus, but you can also play PVE exclusively and still accomplish all the story missions. I think similiarly AW missions and events should be available, rewarding, and tied into the story line, but as there are many who don't enjoy Archwings they should not be made part of any key main story missions.

No, how about you stop arguing with me about it?

Your logic is all over the place from what i'm seeing. First you're trying to say that i implied Archwing doesn't need tweaks, as if you actually play or enjoy the game mode. Now you're basically saying that you don't want anything to do with Archwing to get things. So which is it? You think it needs more polishing before it gets integrated into the rest of the game? or do you want Archwing to remain isolated from the rest of Warframe?

It still isn't forcing you to do anything. Force =/= Motivate. If you were being forced, you would be physically unable to say no or put it off. Archwing has incentives, something that encourages/motivates you to do it but you're still capable of putting it off.

if you didn't want it discussed then why did you bring it into this thread? 

and what now? first i rebuked your statement that apparently aw is here to stay so nothing will be done about it, expecting me to interpret as you responding to people in other threads about wanting the mode removed, which has nothing to do with this thread, and then informed of the purpose of this thread. if that is too much to track, that's on you for trying mix and mash separate discussions. As to me, all I'm saying is that Archwing should remain purely optional content until such time that it is in a polished state. Shoving it at players while its still greatly in need of improvements does no favors to anyone. 

it is forcing me, either i do it or i can't experience all the core game experiences. there is no alternate solution for the frames locked behind aw, no second means of preventing a relay from being destroyed if I don't find myself fond of archwing's current state. it's either do it or miss out on part of your game. 

I love archwing. It can be hard sometimes, but it's fun to play.

I think people don't like archwing because they don't play it that much. 

or you know, they don't like it for any of the many reasons provided in this thread and those like this one. 

Edited by Cubewano

After almost 3 years I too feel like im FORCED to play it and all of you NEUTRAL players you do not understand how it feels after 3 years being as OP says ''forced '' to play it 

Yes I want my MR points and no I do not like ARCH

AND I FEEL like OP

When i started to play WF i DID not sign to play ARCH and I LOVE being highest possible MR 

BLA BLA mr means bla mbla (go away uninstal) you pacifistic ppl 

Comunity used to be listend to and FACT is most ppl play regular missions 

(TBH i just force myself to lvl arch stuff than delete it)

After almost 3 years I too feel like im FORCED to play it and all of you NEUTRAL players you do not understand how it feels after 3 years being as OP says ''forced '' to play it 

Yes I want my MR points and no I do not like ARCH

AND I FEEL like OP

When i started to play WF i DID not sign to play ARCH and I LOVE being highest possible MR 

BLA BLA mr means bla mbla (go away uninstal) you pacifistic ppl 

Comunity used to be listend to and FACT is most ppl play regular missions 

(TBH i just force myself to lvl arch stuff than delete it)

Nice complaining there. Too bad you provided no ways on why you hate archwing aside from being in a junky state.

You hate archwing because it showed a bad impression on you, and I agree that it sucks. But if you cannot provide a damn on how to improve it, than you really shouldn't be voicing the community

I used to have a manager who would force everyone to use her bad ideas on everyone just because she thought they were great. This is what DE forcing everyone to play archwing reminds me of.

It's like I bought a game that is about poker, and to progress in the game I have to play an 8 bit blackjack mini game.