Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Forcing Us To Play Archwing De

-Ozymandias-

I used to have a manager who would force everyone to use her bad ideas on everyone just because she thought they were great. This is what DE forcing everyone to play archwing reminds me of.

It's like I bought a game that is about poker, and to progress in the game I have to play an 8 bit blackjack mini game.

The difference is the manager is trying to get you out of your comfort zone and move on. Copter was removed and people were fine with the confiscations.

It's unhealthy if de just didn't bother fixing something and letting the community voice their ACTUAL CRITICISM on it. Complaining ain't gonna do jack

The difference is the manager is trying to get you out of your comfort zone and move on. Copter was removed and people were fine with the confiscations.

It's unhealthy if de just didn't bother fixing something and letting the community voice their ACTUAL CRITICISM on it. Complaining ain't gonna do jack

His comparison is a fair one tbh

It's not about comfort zones. It's a crappy broken game mode. I could probably list 30 things off the top of my head that are wrong/broken with it, and in it's current form it shouldn't be forced on the community for quests and events.Maybe if they worked on fixing the broken bits and rolled it out again in another 6 months of work. In it's current form it's a mediocre side/mini-game that really isn't that fun, and a ton of people in the community have already voiced the problems/concerns with it. /broken record

It's not about comfort zones. It's a crappy broken game mode. I could probably list 30 things off the top of my head that are wrong/broken with it, and in it's current form it shouldn't be forced on the community for quests and events.Maybe if they worked on fixing the broken bits and rolled it out again in another 6 months of work. In it's current form it's a mediocre side/mini-game that really isn't that fun, and a ton of people in the community have already voiced the problems/concerns with it. /broken record

Archwing will never progress if people do no play it

People will not play it if there no reason to

Staff cannot get feedback if people do not play.

There is a chain here and someone has to break. AW is only just entering it's first year since it's been here in a game well over 2 years, from it's inception to now it has made significant improvement, however it still has work and the staff is actively saying they are working on it.

Archwing will never progress if people do no play it

People will not play it if there no reason to

Staff cannot get feedback if people do not play.

There is a chain here and someone has to break. AW is only just entering it's first year since it's been here in a game well over 2 years, from it's inception to now it has made significant improvement, however it still has work and the staff is actively saying they are working on it.

This, AW needs some tweaks and whatnot, but whining and hating for no reason other than you just simply don't like it isn't feedback.

Facts are facts, just because you feel offended by my opinion 

Is this now your opinion or are there facts? Maybe you should know what you want before making such stupid posts.

doesn't mean you represent the whole community. 

But you are?

Stop trying to shove archwing on our faces like a kid who doesn't like vegetables.

I guess you are the kid.

Btw, why is this thread not closed?

Edited by Kuestenjung

Many people in my alliance like it.

Many who don't don't because the grind and difficulty leveling. there is no archwing draco ....

People didn't help you get limbo because they don't care about limbo and their arch gear probably can't handle it.

Sounds like you need a more helpful clan. and just cuz your mere thirty people don't like it doesn't mean you're group represents the majority either.

Archwing is here to stay op.

The thing is, archwing has been around for a year and people still think it is the same bad mode like its first release

Because many of them haven't bothered to 'git gud' as the internet would say.

Yes, bring an unmodded rank 1 Odanata with unmodded rank 1 Imperator and Vertix to the Formorian and then complain that everyone else hogs all the kills/are faster/whatever. (Saw it three times last night.)

With halfway decent gear and a clue what to do, this 'event' is a breeze unless the game glitches.

I am enjoying it and REALLY liking the R5 cores.

Because many of them haven't bothered to 'git gud' as the internet would say.

Yes, bring an unmodded rank 1 Odanata with unmodded rank 1 Imperator and Vertix to the Formorian and then complain that everyone else hogs all the kills/are faster/whatever. (Saw it three times last night.)

With halfway decent gear and a clue what to do, this 'event' is a breeze unless the game glitches.

I am enjoying it and REALLY liking the R5 cores.

it's great that you enjoy this event and aw, but why does that mean everyone else has to deal with it as well? nobody in this thread has been suggesting that aw be removed, or to screw people who enjoy it, but that given its current state it should remain an optional part of the game. placing it in events that have direct effects on the entire game or gating frames behind it isn't necessary nor pleasant for a fair few. 

Edited by Cubewano

it's great that you enjoy this event and aw, but why does that mean everyone else has to deal with it as well? nobody in this thread has been suggesting that aw be removed, or to screw people who enjoy it, but that given its current state it should remain an optional part of the game. placing it in events that have direct effects on the entire game or gating frames behind it isn't necessary nor pleasant for a fair few. 

You don't.

No is 'forcing' you to play this. This isn't like Atlas where you HAVE to play Archwing to get his parts. Or Equinox where you HAVE to have an Archwing to fight part of Tyl Regor's battle. Or Limbo.

As for gating? I can see that argument. I personally DREAD the day DE adds PvP gated content. Because I DETEST the PvP in this game. They will eventually because the PvP players demand it so shrilly.

As far as it being optional? Yes. I too think they should allow alternate ways of getting the parts. Because I DO understand that not everyone likes Archwing or has bothered to level anything in it. (MUCH easier than it WAS btw. Seems a bit cheap now, but whatever.)

But for this event? If you don't like Archwing, why do it?

Really you're complaining about DE giving us another form of random occurence? adding more content to the game? (Rebecca confirmed that fomorians will show up randomly similarly to alerts/invasions) and honestly how could you complain when its such a reliable way to farm  r5 cores, EVERY RUN gives you 5

Edited by LilLemay

So as someone who loves Archwing I have to say... They really ARE kind of forcing people to play Archwing. Lets be real, you say "They are not forcing you to play." but if we don't play it, we cant fight back and defend relays. If all relays get destroyed, how are we supposed to engage in all of the assets they offer? Void Trader, That synthesis cephelon whos name escapes me, the Clem Missions! So much is being tied to them and in a way, it IS kind of unfair to people who don't like archwing.

Now if they made it so there are two types of missions... One with archwing one on ground (maybe a mission where you gather Isotopes "to give to the archwing squad" (not really, but giving  a reason and making people feel like they are helping.) Also I'm ignoring the two warframes locked behind archwing because they can be bought with platinum which is not hard to get if you go in the trade section. However relays are not something that can be bought.

*cough cough* H *cough* Jordas Golem *cough* Must have CP *cough cough*

Your telling me you havent seen that ever? Then again i see your point, some people, including me, don't play Archwing unless we have to, but i still get the archwing stuff just incase DE makes events like these.

So as someone who loves Archwing I have to say... They really ARE kind of forcing people to play Archwing. Lets be real, you say "They are not forcing you to play." but if we don't play it, we cant fight back and defend relays. If all relays get destroyed, how are we supposed to engage in all of the assets they offer? Void Trader, That synthesis cephelon whos name escapes me, the Clem Missions! So much is being tied to them and in a way, it IS kind of unfair to people who don't like archwing.

Now if they made it so there are two types of missions... One with archwing one on ground (maybe a mission where you gather Isotopes "to give to the archwing squad" (not really, but giving  a reason and making people feel like they are helping.) Also I'm ignoring the two warframes locked behind archwing because they can be bought with platinum which is not hard to get if you go in the trade section. However relays are not something that can be bought.

I don't understand the mind set of those who don't like it. i mean nobody loves underwater levels in video games, yet they have to do them to progress. same applies

Stick to your original concept, that's why we all played this game to begin with and is why we are all still playing it.

Honestly it gets repetitive and dull after a while of playing the normal mode, Archwing fixes that for me every once in a while..

Stop trying to shove archwing on our faces like a kid who doesn't like vegetables.

Except vegetables are healthy.

Like the grind in normal mode isn't any less healthier...

Okay so i see some people in this thread actually like AW, that doesn't mean EVERYONE does.

Okay so I see some people actually hate AW, that doesn't mean EVERYONE does.

How many times have you been in the recruiting channel and seen: "H Archwing whatever PM for invite" ???

I see Caelus pretty often.

Let alone, if someone would actually do that, get replies?

It's not like you would know. I host Caelus once in blue moon to get away from the normal mode (pre-U17.5) and I still get full squads every now and then.

I spent all night last night asking for help for Limbo theorem, ask me how many ppl replied.

Maybe because not much folks in general actually helps out in quest unless they themselves have trouble with it? Don't blame AW for it.

Facts are facts, just because you feel offended by my opinion doesn't mean you represent the whole community. Out of 30 ppl in my clan, only 1 likes AW.

1. Not a fact. Don't mix up the terms for fact and opinion, lass.

2. Your opinion doesn't represent the whole community's view either. You think having a couple of upvotes means the other 1.6 million players agree with you?

3. 30 people? You gotta be joking me if you think that's a lot.

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

The game is called WARFRAME for a reason.

The whole purpose of the game is getting more warframes.

How many times do i have to explain you ppl AW is not an optional gamemode atm?

It is optional, there are just rewards and incentives for playing the modes. You don't HAVE to play archwing. You don't HAVE to have Atlas or Limbo. If you want Mastery, then you're going to have to play archwing. You WANT Atlas and Limbo, but the method of obtaining them is difficult and hard.

Exactly.

The game is advertised as a 3rd person rpg shooter.

Thousands of players downloaded the game and are still playing it because of that.

I am NOT demanding anyone to hate AW, i'm not demanding DE to remove it entirely.

All i want is them to stop FORCING us to play a game mod we never liked.

Keep AW for those who like it.

But don't make us (the vast majority of the playerbase) who hate it play it just because you put time into it.

Last I saw, Archwing was still in 3rd person and i was shooting things. They aren't FORCING you to play it, they are simply rewarding the people who do enjoy archwing. I was forced to fight Lech Krill for, not 1, but 2 warframes and that boss is terrible. Hell, i had to find him and Vor for a weapon and another warframe and he still sucks. They are going to keep him there though and he wills till drop those parts that a good chunk of people will want. will they improve him? God i hope so. Will they improve Archwing? Hell yes.

you can't expect to advertise a game as something, then throw in something completely different and force the playerbase to play it  and be widely accepted.

If the numbers reflected a hatred of archwing, then I'm sure they would get rid of it. most people seem to like the concept, but they don't like the implementation. I dislike the corpus levels because im @(*()$ clumsy and the weapon parts are really awkward to obtain, still love it though.

Also: in a game where we zip around space, its only natural to, at some point, want to fly around in space and blow S#&$ up. i'm glad we got space wings.

I can go oldschool too, the game has always been a third person shooter, and it is in the store page description.

Most ppl in my clan, if not everyone, level archwing stuff when there are free xp boosters.

Still in 3rd person, still shooting things.

IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

The thing is, archwing has been around for a year and people still think it is the same bad mode like its first release

That's because it is to a lot of people. If you already grinded and farmed in it then you probably will like it. Those without the mods and that haven't grinded their AW to 30 will like the content a whole lot less. 

Personally, I hate wasting Warframe revives in AW mission because the frames don't even get XP in AW missions.

If DE wants me to play AW then let me level up my Frames in that mode since their revives are on the line anyway, and it would add some variety into releveling them after a forma.  Also double the affinity gain per kill in AW missions versus standard missions so that they are more profitable than standard missions.

Alternatively, give each AW it's own set of revives instead of using the Frame's.

I believe they have never forced anyone to play this event, the rare reward is a archwing weapon, and yeah , it gives cores, but if  you really don´t like archwing there are other ways to get them. Laurunda relay? there will be enough people liking Archwing to save it. So don´t play it if you don´t want to