Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Else Feel Like Just Letting The Fomorian Destroy The Relay?

auxy

People already did this back in Eyes of Blight.

It won't accomplish anything, Archwing is a part of the game. It's not going anywhere, so focus you're energy on feedback to improve it into something you like.

Also, it probably won't amount to anything since we're getting Starchart 3.0 in a little over a month, which will probably render the whole thing meaningless.

what i want to change seems like it will never happen. and that being how you obtain new gear in archwing...worst rng than prime access drops.

*sighs* he says its a disconnect. Oh how blind tenno can be.

As well, being required to obtain Warframe parts is not at all a connection to the game; that's like saying stabbing someone with a knife is a way of 'connecting it' to them, as though it were some kind of improvement.

I feel like it might show DE how we really feel as a community about Archwing.

I felt that way the first time the Fomorians attacked the relays because I hated the introduction of primed mods so much and wanted Baro Ki'Teer to have no place to surface.

DEATH TO THE RELAYS!

what i want to change seems like it will never happen. and that being how you obtain new gear in archwing...worst rng than prime access drops.

Yeah, this is another huge problem too. I've run 130 missions now trying to get a velocitus receiver and nothing. It's just stupid.

I felt that way the first time the Fomorians attacked the relays because I hated the introduction of primed mods so much and wanted Baro Ki'Teer to have no place to surface.

DEATH TO THE RELAYS!

wow, people hate everything! its almost comical. They even hate Lotus!

"let it burn, because i HATE it"

so what do you people like?

Edited by Hypernaut1

Uh... sure. Why DON'T we make sure EVERYONE who wants to get Baro Ki-Teer or the syndicate medallions turned in has to clear all the way to Pluto.

In a word? No.

Don't forget the part where they'd have to rank up enough "mastery fodder" weapons to reach Mastery Rank 8. Plenty of people remain at a lowish rank simply because they like the weapons they have and don't enjoy ranking up weapons they don't like only to sell them later.

New players not having access to a relay would be a problem for a variety of reasons.

I'm definitely not doing it. Archwing possesses nothing of interest to me, and isn't a fun game-mode, so I'm going to ignore it, especially when it's being shoehorned into things like this.

If they'd let me attack the Fomorian by boarding it, and destroying it from the inside, I'd do that, but the whole reactor battle? Yeah, screw that, I'm never doing that again.

Destroy them from the inside...

I think that's what Operation Sling-Stone was about, actually.

Destroy them from the inside...

I think that's what Operation Sling-Stone was about, actually.

This is my concept about it from a long time ago:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338058-balor-fomorian-invasions-multi-pronged-assaults/

Essentially, it's like how Invasions allow you to pick either to support Grineer or Corpus, but instead you'd pick between Archwing or Warframe.

Of course, some things would be different now, such as the variety of Archwing mission types and the locations of the attacks occurring exclusively on Relays, and not on planets, but the basic concept is the same. It just let's people take part, even if they prefer one style of play over the other.

Edited by Krion112

The only thing that bugs me is the side-trip to mercury to get the isotopes...C'mon DE. I actually like Archwing, not the flower-picking side mission.

I think I have 62,000 isotopes left from the last event, plus a few built disruptors.

wow, people hate everything! its almost comical.

"let it burn, because i HATE it"

so what do you people like?

Many things, but not bandaids and mods that are just better versions of another mod just so we have more things we can mindlessly grind for.

You know, the funny thing is, if Archwing came out and it was its own game I'd be pretty impressed/pleased with it. I would consider it early access; it would need more content to be compelling as a standalone game. But seriously, as a standalone product it's pretty cool. It reminds me of playing Descent II on my dad's Pentium Pro. Good times.

As a part of Warframe? Well, that's just it, isn't it? It ISN'T a part of Warframe. It's some other game that got shoehorned in.

So just because -you- don't like, means that a Relay which is completely separate from Archwing needs to be destroyed? That's very kind, helpful and considerate. Especially towards new players.

Why can't everyone just be excellent to each other?

Are Fomorians back!? Awesome! Time to sit back and do nothing, Tenno are a freakin nuisance anyway.

Hmm denying your own existence since in this game you are a Tenno, Based on your own reply you consider your in game persona a nuisance that should be taken care off? Spoken to your psychiatrist lately? He might want to change your medicine. In game of course since we are all just playing some role right? Wink, wink? Strictly speaking in game terms and RP of course. 

So just because -you- don't like, means that a Relay which is completely separate from Archwing needs to be destroyed? That's very kind, helpful and considerate. Especially towards new players.

Why can't everyone just be excellent to each other?

It's essentially "I dislike this thing so much that I'm willing to be a colossal jerk to make a point about it." I'm well aware of the ramifications of my intentions.

I feel like it might show DE how we really feel as a community about Archwing.

Whoa - just leave ME out of this "we" and please do not dare speaking for a whole community.

I myself do not have any issues with Archwing and if this relay should fall, no newcomer will have the chance to enter a relay again.