Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

auxy

Does Anyone Else Feel Like Just Letting The Fomorian Destroy The Relay?

Not really, no.

Also, I sorta wanna see how the grattler goes against the formorian core. 

It does pretty good. Mine just has a catalyst but it had no trouble destroying the nodes in a few shots.

It does pretty good. Mine just has a catalyst but it had no trouble destroying the nodes in a few shots.

Mine's cata'd too, since 3.5k oxium was just a little too much to farm, so I bought it. Very cool gun, good to know. Curios to see if it can match up to the Velocitus for Formo Sab tho.

What arguments HAVE you made other than "I hate this so everyone else should hate it too"?

If you wanna have a discussion, you should at least make an attempt to read the discussion thread.

I'll elaborate on why I don't like it if you would care to listen. The TL;DR version is that while it has many other issues, primarily it's just too disconnected from the regular game.

It uses different equipment with different upgrade modules in different environments with different controls against many different enemies. Literally nothing you do in the regular game matters in Archwing and vice versa. Your warframe is irrelevant, your companions are absent. How is it not disconnected from the base game, again?

what i want to change seems like it will never happen. and that being how you obtain new gear in archwing...worst rng than prime access drops.

Yeah, this is another huge problem too. I've run 130 missions now trying to get a velocitus receiver and nothing. It's just stupid.

You know, the funny thing is, if Archwing came out and it was its own game I'd be pretty impressed/pleased with it. I would consider it early access; it would need more content to be compelling as a standalone game. But seriously, as a standalone product it's pretty cool. It reminds me of playing Descent II on my dad's Pentium Pro. Good times.

As a part of Warframe? Well, that's just it, isn't it? It ISN'T a part of Warframe. It's some other game that got shoehorned in.

Also, things have gotten a little heated in this topic and I just want to make a few things clear:

• I in no way think it would be a good thing for the playerbase or the system if the relay was destroyed. I am merely venting my frustration with the poor way Archwing was shoehorned into the game.
  • I DO NOT hate Archwing of itself. As I stated above; standing alone, I think it's pretty fun, even accounting for its flaws.
  • I have already completed the event several times with a personal best score of 4,075,585. (That said, 10 runs in, I've only gotten the BP for the Imperator Vandal, pretty frustrated.)
  • Pepsi is way better than Coke.

Also, things have gotten a little heated in this topic and I just want to make a few things clear:

• I in no way think it would be a good thing for the playerbase or the system if the relay was destroyed. I am merely venting my frustration with the poor way Archwing was shoehorned into the game.
  • I DO NOT hate Archwing of itself. As I stated above; standing alone, I think it's pretty fun, even accounting for its flaws.
  • I have already completed the event several times with a personal best score of 4,075,585. (That said, 10 runs in, I've only gotten the BP for the Imperator Vandal, pretty frustrated.)

WHOA THERE! Are you trying to start a flamewar?!

WHOA THERE! Are you trying to start a flamewar?!

COKE FOR THE WIN! >:O

-gets out pitchfork-

(Mods I am joking please don't kill me you soda critiques)

Meh. The relay most likely will stay alive.

If you wanna have a discussion, you should at least make an attempt to read the discussion thread.

bless all the comments you just listed

Disconnection:

Have you not noticed DE has been trying to integrate Archwing into the core gameplay? How about all these missions and quests that focus on having you be both on foot and in space/underwater? They've even implemented a mechanic that lets you switch back and forth at any time while in missions that have water areas. Tyl Regor's whole entire boss battle is based upon this particular function. And Tellerium - a substance only (normally) found in Archwing missions. It's used not only for Archwing gear, but has been introduced into "On Foot" gear BPs as well. This is called the first steps toward integration.

RNG:

RNG is RNG. I got all the Velocitus parts without even trying. I checked my blueprints recently and was surprised to find I had all the Itzal archwing parts, even though I wasn't even thinking about obtaining it. Got Odonata Prime in only a handful of runs. Rubylined Barrel? Took me 3 runs to get, yet for the life of me I can't get a damn toxic status archwing gun mod. RNG. is. RNG. Trying to use it as a base for why Archwing is "bad" is asinine, since you can easily say the exact same thing about Warframe in general.

Considering Archwing "Early Access"

Guess what? IT IS. Archwing is still being heavily worked on and improved upon. VERY recently there was a huge revamp to the whole entire system, and yet they're still working hard on continuing its improvements, just like they're doing with the rest of the game. Archwing is a new gameplay mechanic, and yet it's one of the most complicated. Did you really, truly believe it'd be perfect or as fully developed as gameplay mechanics that have been in the game for years?

So I stand by what I stated.

The only reason to defend a relay is because that's where Baro is going to show up, and with the prices he charges ... I'm getting pretty tired of his visits and trying to scrape together a huge pile of ducats for some dinky weapon or mod with a new paint job and some tweaked stats.

I don't know why he has to charge so damned much, every @(*()$ visit.  Isn't it all limited enough by his showing up every two weeks?

I say let the Fomorian junk all the relays.  They all look exactly the goddamned same anyway.  Only kinda need one.

I loathe archwing, but my drive to complete as many pieces of gear as I can and have event rewards forces me to play it. I'm dead inside.

The only reason to defend a relay is because that's where Baro is going to show up, and with the prices he charges ... I'm getting pretty tired of his visits and trying to scrape together a huge pile of ducats for some dinky weapon or mod with a new paint job and some tweaked stats.

I don't know why he has to charge so damned much, every @(*()$ visit.  Isn't it all limited enough by his showing up every two weeks?

I say let the Fomorian junk all the relays.  They all look exactly the goddamned same anyway.  Only kinda need one.

I agree. One relay is more than enough.

I have only two reasons as to why I won't be doing this event. The first is that I did it the last time and with all the problems it had, got the weapon for it and didn't care about the number of relays that went kaboom. They all looked the same then and nothing has changed.

The second is to see what DE would do if we let the formorians blow up more relays? Would they "fix the event so at least one relays remains? If they allowed for all relays to go kaboom on a version of the game, would they change future events that required relays or keep them going while leaving the relay-less version out on the fun? Finally, would DE learn from this event if all relays could be destroyed and barely any of them were saved? I know there are plenty who like Archwing and many who hate it, but at the same time there are some who are apathetic about it and hate the fact that in order to obtain certain frames or items, they have to play it or pay plat to just skip it and get the items they seek.

I say those who hate arcwhing are just lazy, I personally love archwing and even more so love the new implementations of it in Uranus and Golem where you jump from archwing to frame and back. I have all archwings maxed and forma'd along with the weapons and mods, I can solo  this event and even Golem. In all I find it fun and absolutely enjoyable, screw the cancer players who complain otherwise.

P.S- I am not a white knight as I opposed the last prime access until they changed it. But people whining about a new game mode? That's like whining about getting a free dlc for skyrim that adds like underwater missions or dragon riding missions! Sure it may be buggy or lack a certain feel that the game usually has, but who the heck whines about something they are not even paying for, much less assaults the creators for giving us more content? Enjoy it, use it too the fullest or ignore it stay in your little "on foot missions ONLY!" bubble mentality and let the real players experience the FULL game.

also this guys right I farmed 26 isotopes in 10 minutes in mercury defense... who's seriously complaining?!

Your example of using free DLC for skyrim doesn't work due to the fact that if certain people hate the missions or the mechanics, they might (or others with the skills) build a mod that changes it or makes it more manageable. Just like how in both KoToR 1 and 2 had mods that made the speed bike runs easy so folks can just fly though the game without having to worry about that part.

If Warframe had a single player aspect that allowed for modding, you would only have folks complaining about the online multiplayer aspect while everyone else playing solo offline would be using mods for their own amusment.

Is there any rewards for the alert besides credits? If not then I really can't be bothered.

I agree. One relay is more than enough.

Plus a massive amount of lag seems suitable for me!

yea no. Two is fine, but one is a straight no

Disconnection:

Have you not noticed DE has been trying to integrate Archwing into the core gameplay? How about all these missions and quests that focus on having you be both on foot and in space/underwater? They've even implemented a mechanic that lets you switch back and forth at any time while in missions that have water areas. Tyl Regor's whole entire boss battle is based upon this particular function. And Tellerium - a substance only (normally) found in Archwing missions. It's used not only for Archwing gear, but has been introduced into "On Foot" gear BPs as well. This is called the first steps toward integration.

RNG:

RNG is RNG. I got all the Velocitus parts without even trying. I checked my blueprints recently and was surprised to find I had all the Itzal archwing parts, even though I wasn't even thinking about obtaining it. Got Odonata Prime in only a handful of runs. Rubylined Barrel? Took me 3 runs to get, yet for the life of me I can't get a damn toxic status archwing gun mod. RNG. is. RNG. Trying to use it as a base for why Archwing is "bad" is asinine, since you can easily say the exact same thing about Warframe in general.

Considering Archwing "Early Access"

Guess what? IT IS. Archwing is still being heavily worked on and improved upon. VERY recently there was a huge revamp to the whole entire system, and yet they're still working hard on continuing its improvements, just like they're doing with the rest of the game. Archwing is a new gameplay mechanic, and yet it's one of the most complicated. Did you really, truly believe it'd be perfect or as fully developed as gameplay mechanics that have been in the game for years?

So I stand by what I stated.

Having Archwing and Warframe segments in the same mission does nothing to integrate the two, because you're still playing a completely separate game when you're in your Archwing, with all the different things that I've already explained, so you completely failed to refute this point. Adding Tellurium to non-Archwing equipment is just an attempt to force people to play Archwing; again, it does nothing to improve the disconnect between game modes.

The Itzal doesn't drop from anywhere. You get it from the Tenno Lab and build it. So you "accidentally" got all the parts because you forgot you built them. You literally don't even know what you're talking about. And the argument against Archwing's RNG is that it is completely excessive, much worse than prime weapon drops. Saying "RNG is RNG" is the same as saying "injuries are injuries", or in other words, that a tiny papercut is the same as decapitation. It's just stupid.

Your remarks about "early access" completely miss the point of that statement. I was pointing out that as a stand-alone game it would be a little short on content, which is completely fair, as it's an early access title. With that restated (although it should have been clear to begin with), no, obviously I don't expect it to be perfect or fully-developed, and obviously, I did not state that anywhere. What you have done here is attempt to misrepresent my argument as one that is much weaker. This is called a "strawman fallacy". You should learn to avoid doing it, because it makes you look very foolish.

Next time make sure you actually read what I said. Sometimes, it's okay to say "yeah, those are valid points, but they don't bother me."

Having Archwing and Warframe segments in the same mission does nothing to integrate the two, because you're still playing a completely separate game when you're in your Archwing, with all the different things that I've already explained, so you completely failed to refute this point. Adding Tellurium to non-Archwing equipment is just an attempt to force people to play Archwing; again, it does nothing to improve the disconnect between game modes.

Wrong. Warframe itself is the game. On foot missions are part of the game. In space/underwater is part of the game. These are parts of a whole. You don't like it? Tough S#&$ dude. That's how it is. You're welcome to not play it anymore.

The Itzal doesn't drop from anywhere-

I meant Elytron. Sorry.

And the argument against Archwing's RNG is that it is completely excessive, much worse than prime weapon drops. Saying "RNG is RNG" is the same as saying "injuries are injuries", or in other words, that a tiny papercut is the same as decapitation. It's just stupid.

Yeah. RNG is completely excessive. Throughout the whole game. I stand by my point, since you have none.

Your remarks about "early access" completely miss the point of that statement. I was pointing out that as a stand-alone game it would be a little short on content, which is completely fair, as it's an early access title. With that restated (although it should have been clear to begin with), no, obviously I don't expect it to be perfect or fully-developed, and obviously, I did not state that anywhere. What you have done here is attempt to misrepresent my argument as one that is much weaker. This is called a "strawman fallacy". You should learn to avoid doing it, because it makes you look very foolish.

Not a strawman argument when you're stating your argument as a fact. Don't try to twist my words around. You're the one who said it. Not me. And I'm not going to argue about your own invalid points. Warframe is new. It has a new gameplay mechanic called Archwing, which is, obviously, newer than the older gameplay mechanics. It's being worked on. It just recently got improved. It is still being improved upon. Do I have to say it again? Because I won't.

Next time make sure you actually read what I said. Sometimes, it's okay to say "yeah, those are valid points, but they don't bother me."

It's only okay to say that when the points are actually valid and I agree with them. Sadly for you, they are not, and I don't.

Is there any rewards for the alert besides credits? If not then I really can't be bothered.

The vast majority of mission runs will give a 5-pack of rare fusion cores. The few times you get something else, it will be Imperator Vandal Blueprint, Imperator Vandal Barrel, or Imperator Vandal Receiver.

It's also pretty easy to get the isotopes required from Apollodorus. Doesn't take very long, either.

So, uh, regardless of the different types of opinions on archwing (like, not like, enjoy, hate, play because it's part of the game, not really interested so not play, etc.). In a few hours the fomorian Los more than 1/4 of its integrity. And it would take more than 4 days to actually destroy Larunda. So unless 2 or 3 more fomorians show up attackin Larunda, it won't be destroyed. You can guess this already, right?

I'm trying to figure this out... and I posted this in another thread too.

But... Why's everyone so hell bent on blowing up the relays??? It's the only one I think I can go to and it's cool seeing a bunch of other people running around. I didn't even know there was syndicates or conclaves until I went to it. It really helped open the game up for me even though I'm still on the first planets.

Why would anyone want to take content away from new players? :(

And about archwing... I like it. It's really fun, and I'm not seeing it as "disconnected" as the op is saying. I'm playing it and levelling my weapons and stuff up while levelling my warframes up. Is it because they use different mods? Because primaries use different weapons than secondaries and melee, so I'd figure archwing weapons should use different mods too right?

So, uh, regardless of the different types of opinions on archwing (like, not like, enjoy, hate, play because it's part of the game, not really interested so not play, etc.). In a few hours the fomorian Los more than 1/4 of its integrity. And it would take more than 4 days to actually destroy Larunda. So unless 2 or 3 more fomorians show up attackin Larunda, it won't be destroyed. You can guess this already, right?

That's great to hear :D I was worried.