Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Else Feel Like Just Letting The Fomorian Destroy The Relay?

auxy

But... Why's everyone so hell bent on blowing up the relays???

Because those people are either defeatists or want to look edgy and cool by saying "lol let it burn". And don't give me that, "FOR SCIENCE" bull. One, you got enough data from the event itself for your "science" and two, really big cop out answer that is next to "Space magic".

Because those people are either defeatists or want to look edgy and cool by saying "lol let it burn". And don't give me that, "FOR SCIENCE" bull. One, you got enough data from the event itself for your "science" and two, really big cop out answer that is next to "Space magic".

Or, as I've already stated in the thread twice now, because we want to make it clear that we would rather suffer negative consequences than play Archwing.

I'm trying to figure this out... and I posted this in another thread too.

But... Why's everyone so hell bent on blowing up the relays??? It's the only one I think I can go to and it's cool seeing a bunch of other people running around. I didn't even know there was syndicates or conclaves until I went to it. It really helped open the game up for me even though I'm still on the first planets.

Why would anyone want to take content away from new players? :(

And about archwing... I like it. It's really fun, and I'm not seeing it as "disconnected" as the op is saying. I'm playing it and levelling my weapons and stuff up while levelling my warframes up. Is it because they use different mods? Because primaries use different weapons than secondaries and melee, so I'd figure archwing weapons should use different mods too right?

That's great to hear :D I was worried.

The only reasons I can think of are elitism or idiocy. There's really no other explanation. There is no "upside" to destroying the Larunda relay or any relays for that matter, but elitists gotta be elite, and trolls gotta be trolls.

As for Archwing, I agree it's fun. And you just showed a big reason why most new players are perfectly fine with it. We older players are used to just crafting a new weapon, slapping a catalyst and a forma or two on it, and immediately obtaining all the benefits of our huge stack of maxed out mods. Most of us can make the weakest weapon in the game become top tier with minimal effort because we've already farmed mods for them, or have the starmap totally unlocked so we can get to easier farming spots. In fact, I can bet that if you have a maxed weapon or warframe right now, it took you what - 3, 4 days maybe? There's a node higher levels go to right now that can max gear within 30 minutes to an hour. This is the true "Disconnect" here. It seems alot of older players don't realize what new players have to go through, and have forgotten how challenging it can be. to accrue the "fortune" we veterans have.

Either way, no, you won't have to worry. Larunda is safe.

Or, as I've already stated in the thread twice now, because we want to make it clear that we would rather suffer negative consequences than play Archwing.

So you don't care about new players either? Just because you don't like archwing, new players should just jump off a cliff? That's horrible.

The only reasons I can think of are elitism or idiocy. There's really no other explanation. There is no "upside" to destroying the Larunda relay or any relays for that matter, but elitists gotta be elite, and trolls gotta be trolls.

As for Archwing, I agree it's fun. And you just showed a big reason why most new players are perfectly fine with it. We older players are used to just crafting a new weapon, slapping a catalyst and a forma or two on it, and immediately obtaining all the benefits of our huge stack of maxed out mods. Most of us can make the weakest weapon in the game become top tier with minimal effort because we've already farmed mods for them, or have the starmap totally unlocked so we can get to easier farming spots. In fact, I can bet that if you have a maxed weapon or warframe right now, it took you what - 3, 4 days maybe? There's a node higher levels go to right now that can max gear within 30 minutes to an hour. This is the true "Disconnect" here. It seems alot of older players don't realize what new players have to go through, and have forgotten how challenging it can be. to accrue the "fortune" we veterans have.

Either way, no, you won't have to worry. Larunda is safe.

Took me a long time to get to level 30 on my warframe (I got excalibur but I kinda wanted mag. Excalibur's 4th ability is really awesome though!) but I heard about those missions. Draco right? @_@ that's crazy. Has there been any talks to tone it down or something? Seems like a bad idea to have a place that levels you up so fast....But I guess it's too rampant now? I know Draco because everyone talks about it. I haven't been playing much but I know this forum can get kinda violent whenever the devs change something so....*shrugs!*

Took me a long time to get to level 30 on my warframe (I got excalibur but I kinda wanted mag. Excalibur's 4th ability is really awesome though!) but I heard about those missions. Draco right? @_@ that's crazy. Has there been any talks to tone it down or something? Seems like a bad idea to have a place that levels you up so fast....But I guess it's too rampant now? I know Draco because everyone talks about it. I haven't been playing much but I know this forum can get kinda violent whenever the devs change something so....*shrugs!*

Yep, Draco it is, but if you end up enjoying leveling your own way, I'd just use Draco for levelling weapons you don't actually want, or, I dunno, level something is you need it maxes asap

It's a fact of life at this point. Besides, if they took down Draco, the playerbase will just find another place to farm ranks. It's happened time and time and time and time again. I think they've given up on that particular battle. In a way it's their fault though - they gave the players the tools. While I'm glad they've been taking strides to balance the game in general, some things just can't be fixed.

Yep, Draco it is, but if you end up enjoying leveling your own way, I'd just use Draco for levelling weapons you don't actually want, or, I dunno, level something is you need it maxes asap

This. This is basically what I do. JUST got Rhino and Rhino Prime out of the oven literally a few hours ago because I'm...not a fan of that warframe. I'm going to put him on the Draco speedway and be done with him. However I'll probably keep his Prime because...it's a prime.

Edited by Cidolfus

OH HELL NO , I love archwing it just needs more content and fixing , Im leting larunda to blow up over my dead tenno body .

Previously I let them burn, but now I'm gonna try to save them.

Archwing has come a long way and the recent updates show that DE is trying to put some love back into it.

I've come to the realization that expecting a side project to be 100% finished on the initial completion date was an impossibility. 

It had some faults, but it's now had some updates and is getting better, so my apathy / angst towards it has subsided. 

To the Archwing !!

Save the relays !!

Yeah, there's been repeated changes that affect how well draco works, but in the end, people adapt. The path of least resistance might need a bit more planning, but it won't stop people from taking it.

Btw, you can rack up pretty decent XP if you can run spy missions cleanly without screwing up and triggering the alarms.

But yeah, "Lets blow up the relay" is pretty much a section of the community that has fits over anything archwing related. There's a few who want to spite Baro and such, but mostly it's the former.

I'm trying to figure this out... and I posted this in another thread too.

But... Why's everyone so hell bent on blowing up the relays??? It's the only one I think I can go to and it's cool seeing a bunch of other people running around. I didn't even know there was syndicates or conclaves until I went to it. It really helped open the game up for me even though I'm still on the first planets.

Why would anyone want to take content away from new players? :(

And about archwing... I like it. It's really fun, and I'm not seeing it as "disconnected" as the op is saying. I'm playing it and levelling my weapons and stuff up while levelling my warframes up. Is it because they use different mods? Because primaries use different weapons than secondaries and melee, so I'd figure archwing weapons should use different mods too right?

That's great to hear :D I was worried.

For some, they just want to see folks suffer. Then, you have those that feel new players shouldn't get access to certain content till they reach later levels and mastery ranks.

As for myself, I am calling DE's bluff. I want to see if they got it in them to wipe out all the relays and if they had something planned as a backup for such a situation. Either they have something lore and game wise planned for all relays to be gone or they don't and will have to backpedal / rig future Formorian events so that relays are always around.

No relays = no syndicate access / void trader / other NPC access. If we don't have these, how can they create new events that involve them without a relay? Likewise if they have a "meet on the relay" event in the version without said relays, that would be awkward as well. Heck without relays, their guides of the Lotus wouldn't have a place to help newbies because if they tried to take it into region.....well we know how that would go folks. XD

Nothing about trying to look edgy and cool, just trying to test the limits of DE's imagination. As for the people who keep using the words "defeatist" and calling players who stopped caring about the relays as lazy, would you folks please remember that this is a GAME! For some, archwing is fun. For a small group, it is the worst thing in the history of gaming to exist. For the rest of us, it is boring and we suffered through this event once before and really stopped caring about it. It is less about defeat and more about how DE didn't try to spice up the event to peak our interest in trying it again.

Best analogy I can think of for Archwing / Formorian event is think of it like pizza or (insert food choice here.) When you eat it the first few times it might taste awesome or bad depending on how it was made and what was put in it/ on it, but for some their order was worst than horrible. I'm talking they didn't have a hair on the pizza, they got half the scalp. After dealing with a few of the issues, DE tries out a few new recipes, but still there will be folks who are part of the "once bitten, twice shy" group.

So after a few changes, DE brings back the pizza they made for folks to try again, so naturally the group who got the worst treatment from it wants it gone for good, others are mad at said group but forget that they didn't suffer as bad, and the rest have stopped eating it because we got tired of it and moved onto different foods.

For the few who are trying to "guilt trip" players into doing the event because "Think of the newbies!" keeps popping out of their mouths, please stop. If the Relay is saved, good for you. If it is gone, oh well crap happens. Yes every game needs new blood to keep it going once the older audience gets bored and leaves, but if DE is "thinking of the newbies" they will / have put in a safeguard that kills the Formorian if not enough people attack it in time.

Actually, if we go down to a single relay, we won't ever again have to put up with the question "Where's the trader?" in region chat.

Maybe there should be an actual penalty for letting the relay get destroyed.

Like all syndicate stuff costing more rep for period of time or decreased Baro visits.

I feel people aren't really that concerned about the relays because literally nothing will change for them if it does get destroyed.

For some, they just want to see folks suffer. Then, you have those that feel new players shouldn't get access to certain content till they reach later levels and mastery ranks.

As for myself, I am calling DE's bluff. I want to see if they got it in them to wipe out all the relays and if they had something planned as a backup for such a situation. Either they have something lore and game wise planned for all relays to be gone or they don't and will have to backpedal / rig future Formorian events so that relays are always around.

No relays = no syndicate access / void trader / other NPC access. If we don't have these, how can they create new events that involve them without a relay? Likewise if they have a "meet on the relay" event in the version without said relays, that would be awkward as well. Heck without relays, their guides of the Lotus wouldn't have a place to help newbies because if they tried to take it into region.....well we know how that would go folks. XD

Interesting notion actually. I'm curious as well. But I can assume they would be forced to put into action a new event where players begin gathering resources to rebuild the relays. In fact I'm almost sure they're keeping an event like that on the backburner until a certain number of relays are destroyed. I believe in one of their livestreams right after the last relays were destroyed, someone asked that question and was answered as such.

Either that, or there will always be at least one relay available for players to join. Perhaps it somehow is granted some sort of protection lore-wise, or something. Pure speculation here.

Also, interesting analogy, and I can see that. But as for "guilt tripping", I disagree. I actually believe there's some sort of safeguard for Larunda to not be destroyed. Either that, or a new event will immediately pop up to get it repaired. But it's not necessarily about guilt tripping anyone. I'm more appalled that there are some players, as you said, that actually really truly WANT to make the new player experience worse. And that's what truly grinds my gears.

Actually, if we go down to a single relay, we won't ever again have to put up with the question "Where's the trader?" in region chat.

Your first mistake is actually reading region chat. But you DO have a point. Maybe they should make it easier for players to know where Baro is when he's available. Maybe have him pop up like Ordis does when you first log in for that day.

Like all syndicate stuff costing more rep for period of time or decreased Baro visits.

I feel people aren't really that concerned about the relays because literally nothing will change for them if it does get destroyed.

Totally agreed.

edit: woops, double post.

Edited by Cidolfus

Yeah, there's been repeated changes that affect how well draco works, but in the end, people adapt. The path of least resistance might need a bit more planning, but it won't stop people from taking it.

Btw, you can rack up pretty decent XP if you can run spy missions cleanly without screwing up and triggering the alarms.

But yeah, "Lets blow up the relay" is pretty much a section of the community that has fits over anything archwing related. There's a few who want to spite Baro and such, but mostly it's the former.

Yeah! I just figured that out. I got enemy sense so it's been a little easier. I don't have loki or ash though so I can't go invisible. It's tough but fun and different.

At the same time, it feels like one person has so little effect on a relay defence that it really doesn't matter if one person does or doesn't take part. Much like elections. :D

Nothing about trying to look edgy and cool, just trying to test the limits of DE's imagination. As for the people who keep using the words "defeatist" and calling players who stopped caring about the relays as lazy, would you folks please remember that this is a GAME! For some, archwing is fun. For a small group, it is the worst thing in the history of gaming to exist. For the rest of us, it is boring and we suffered through this event once before and really stopped caring about it. It is less about defeat and more about how DE didn't try to spice up the event to peak our interest in trying it again.

DE's imagination is being taken up by U18 and premier skins. If all the relays die, which is improbable considering the circumstances of this mini event. they'll really have to retcon something on the spot to preserve all of those features in the relays plus future developments and questlines discerning the Relays since they have become somewhat integral to the storyline.

The vast majority of mission runs will give a 5-pack of rare fusion cores. The few times you get something else, it will be Imperator Vandal Blueprint, Imperator Vandal Barrel, or Imperator Vandal Receiver.

It's also pretty easy to get the isotopes required from Apollodorus. Doesn't take very long, either.

Okay. Well I'm not in desperate need of cores and I couldn't care less about a vandal weapon for a game mode I try my best to avoid.

So I guess I won't bother.