Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing Says "toxicity" Quite Like Archwing Events/content

Vargras

Less whine; more play.

So brave.

You missed the part where getting to MR6 in Warframe is actually fun because you're discovering all sorts of new tilesets, enemies, mission types, quests, companions, and equipment along the way, the shooter mechanics are actually satisfying, there's a parkour system, the environments are much more diverse and interactive, and the enemy behavior is tactical and diverse.

If you found the path to MR6 to be nothing but a slog, that's a shame. I remember having a blast.

Edited by Kastorius

Probably because Archwing is an unfun, unfinished, horrible mess of a game mode that DE keeps trying to shove down our throats in the hope that eventually between gagging on the horrid taste and gasping for air, we'd learn to like it.

Disliking Rap music and not buying the Album is one thing.

But hitting up the official Forum/Chat Channels of that Artist and wishing that person witnesses 'a fiery, exploding death' not only displays their apparent hate of that person, they also get a drive out of the fans of that Artist, effectively trolling them.

And that is not okay.

EXCEPT on the internet now apparently.

And yes, I find that sad.

People don't find something fun so they HAVE to try and ruin everyone else's. Like demanding to blow up a ski resort since you cannot learn to ski or find it boring. (Some DO find it boring. Not me,)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion UNLESS it disagrees with someone else's opinion. THEN they are just idiots who must be hated as much as everything else. Opinions are facts in the case of someone who hates.

I have watched Warframe grow ever since it went Open Beta. It has been rocky at times but in all, it has been good. Now, we see Archwing doing the same slow progression towards greatness and people demand 'NOW! I WANT IT ALL NOW! AND I WANT IT PERFECT! OR I WANT IT GONE'

It is not going to happen.

Archwing has problems, no question. Sharkwing has more since it is newer. It is not GOING to have the same quality or quantity of content as the main game and anyone who assumes it will is willfully delusional. Or really enjoys acting like a 5 year old.

Edited by Kalenath

Oh look, its the white knight army trying to defend archwings again!

Abandon thread, move people,

MOVE MOVE MOVE!

Players not agreeing with you that one particular game mode sucks!? My gawd, must be white knights indeed! Its not like people have different opinions or anything.../s

Oh look, its the white knight army trying to defend archwings again!

Abandon thread, move people,

MOVE MOVE MOVE!

Yes, you would like us to stop so you can keep spreading your less than stellarly intelligent vitriol unopposed.

That doesn't make me a white knight. I know the game mode has problems. I am hoping it can evolve past them like much of Warframe has.

Anyone who demands DE simply trash so much work and time (and money) is delusional. But we knew that.

HATE doesn't require THOUGHT after all.

Edited by Kalenath

have you experienced any of those things in the current event? or since the latest archwing overhaul? can't u tell they are actively developing the game? what the hek are you talking about? past bugs are not the object of this conversation

i expect warframe to have bugs (especially new content) since it's beta and we are the ones doing most of the testing.

sounds to me u don't like archwing mode and that's ok but it's in the game and it's here to stay so you can either help improve it (like you seem to have) or you can wait for more fixes which i assure you will come. but bashing it with false claims is not the way to go about this

Actually yes. In this event alone I have seen enemies turning invisible (can see their markers and weapons fire, shooting at the empty space kills them), being stuck in a zoomed in mode, being stuck in a downed position after being revived, being unable to change weapons after reviving someone, not regaining ammo, enemies stuck in walls after using Odonata 4 ability, getting stuck in a wall after trying to melee an enemy close to a wall, and ricocheting off a surface with enough velocity to glitch outside the map.

The "latest archwing overhaul" (really overhaul is too generous a word, it was more of a map pack) didn't seem to address any of the issues plaguing archwing. The whole "its part of the game deal with it" mentality is supremely asinine. We are allowed to not like something that is an unfinished mess, and dismissing valid complaints as false claims is incredibly disingenuous. DE maybe someday fixing it doesn't help that right now they are shoving it in our faces while it is a broken disaster. The wait for it to get better claims are absurd in the face of DE pushing it on us at every turn, we can't wait, because it's being pushed on us right now.

Anyone who demands DE simply trash so much work and time (and money) is delusional. But we knew that.

There is a difference between wanting DE to toss away the time and money spent working on AW and wanting them to take AW back to the lab and actually make it something worth doing instead of pushing its currently broken state and pretending everything is ok.

Edited by Bhargo

There is a difference between wanting DE to toss away the time and money spent working on AW and wanting them to take AW back to the lab and actually make it something worth doing instead of pushing its currently broken state and pretending everything is ok.

So someone is standing over you with a gun MAKING you play Archwing. Wow... if so, you have bigger problems than bugs in a video game.

People say the game mode is broken, and I DO see bugs both in Archwing and Sharkwing. Some of those 'bugs' are latency issues. Some are glitches and lets not even START what happens with Host Migrations... Ouch.

I get that some people do not find it fun. I can accept that. What I have difficulty accepting is everyone who DEMANDS that I hate something that I enjoy. It doesn't have to be PERFECT for me to enjoy it. I know I am in a minority there but it doesn't matter to me.

The whole point of Warframe to ME is that I can see it grow. Growing is RARELY an easy, clean or pretty process. It involves bumps, bruises, sometimes angst. But there is VERY LITTLE comparison between the Warframe of 2013 and the Warframe of now. It isn't perfect, it is not going to be. Perfection only exists in people's minds. It is a goal. A good one, but it is unattainable. I know some coding and am amazed they can get this lash up to work as well as it does.

And as for your last sentence? The ONLY people who generally say Archwing is 'Okay' are the haters who spout that WE say that. It isn't. It won't be.

It IS playable and fun for many in it's current state. Sorry if that angers people, but it the truth.

Edited by Kalenath

We should just outright permaban anyone who says anything negative about any aspect of the game.

Such people contribute nothing and are only a source of infinite toxicity, it's better to dispose of anyone who doesn't fall in line with the praise and respect that he or she should be giving for having the privilege of playing this great game.

I'm sitting in Region chat, as Guides of the Lotus are wont to do, and it's just filled to the brim with people who want nothing more than to see another relay be destroyed. Not even for a remotely good reason, mind you, like, "will they actually destroy a relay this time?"

Instead, players are wanting the failure for any number of reasons, ranging from "Archwing sucks", to "newbs don't deserve a relay". This game mode (and by extension, anything related to it) seems to bring out the absolute worst in people, and I just have to ask... why? Does Archwing seriously make people this irritable any time it's brought up in any capacity?

Some people just suck, in fact a LOT of the WF community do... if you think thats a harsh thing to say hang about in relay or esp region chat. If this was Spy 2.0 to save relays instead of AW theyd STILL wish the relays destruction.

'You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you cannot make him think' - Winston Churchill

You can twist my words however you wish. That won't make YOUR opinion any more valid to ME.

Twisting your words? I just quoted you, random internet guy. Oh, and keep your "cool quotes" to yourself, or post them in Twitter, FB, or whatever.

Twisting your words? I just quoted you, random internet guy. Oh, and keep your "cool quotes" to yourself, or post them in Twitter, FB, or whatever.

You 'edited' my words. You did not quote. There IS a difference. Do you understand English? (Serious question, not everyone does. Including many English speakers.) You took the pieces you wanted and ignored the rest. But whatever.

Yes, keep the truth away from you.

The truth is bad. The truth is wrong. The TRUTH actually requires THOUGHT instead of mindless rage. Bad.

Admittedly, my truth is not yours. My opinion is not yours (and THANK GOD for that.)

But that does not make my truth any less valid than yours. It does not make my opinion any less valid than yours.

I am still going to enjoy the game. Sorry if that upsets you.

(edit) Thank you very much for proving the OP's points so clearly and succinctly.

Edited by Kalenath

I like archwing. Its a palette cleanser. But it has problems.

However, these problems are being exaggerated by some people in the community. These people work of a 0/10 hate scale. Its either good, or its WORSE THAN EBOLA. There is no in between. And because they don't like it, then no one can or even SHOULD like it.

Making this insta-hate, binary state even worse is the power of the internet to profess opinions without even the remotest chance of rebuttal. Anyone can make an outrageous statement on the net, and if they don't like the response, they can quickly skim past it, and find the next response that agrees with them, and gives them they nice warm cost feeling of confirmation bias. 

So you have a layered behavior pattern that encourages people to make instant, binary statements, in a way that means they will never have to make a proper rebuttal.

Nothing is perfect. Some people like arch-wing, some don't. I wouldn't force everyone to like archwing, but those that hate it would force their hate on us.

I've said this before. Just because -you- don't like Archwing, Larunda relay that is the only relay accessible for new players must be destroyed.

This pretty much translates to 'Boohoo, I don't like this toy. Let's destroy a department in the toystore'. Whatever happened to being kind, polite and nice? Why can't gamerst just be excellent to each other?

We -all- like this game, otherwise we wouldn't be playing it. The developers have to cater to everyone's needs and sometimes it will be -your- needs that are met. Sometimes it will be someone else's. Stop being so bloody entitled, sit down, have a coke and a smile and be nice.

For the record, I hate archwing with a passion because I suck at it. Doesn't mean I won't participate, try to get better and defend the relay. To arms, Tenno!

Edited by Lostara

It IS playable and fun for many in it's current state. Sorry if that angers people, but it the truth.

don't be sorry for speaking the truth dude.

I find the AW game fun, and i want to support DE to make it better. I can see potential in it. The sad fact is, some people have no appreciation for potential. It is either perfect or it is trash. Terrible attitude. 

don't be sorry for speaking the truth dude.

I find the AW game fun, and i want to support DE to make it better. I can see potential in it. The sad fact is, some people have no appreciation for potential. It is either perfect or it is trash. Terrible attitude. 

But a VERY human attitude.

It can be fun, or it can be INCREDIBLY annoying. (Glitched into a Host Migration and couldn't see my Archwing. Still beat the Formorian lol) Just like so much of the rest of Warframe come to think of it.

Archwing is about on par with Warframe as the game was at the start of 2014 I think.

It is NOT going to be perfect. It is NOT going to be for everyone. I know this and accept it.

But I am a rare 'thinking' example of the human race. Pity those of us who try to think are going extinct.

Edited by Kalenath

'You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you cannot make him think' - Winston Churchill

Ah yes, pasting in famous quotes during Internet arguments in a way that implies someone who disagrees with you is wrong—the pinnacle of sophistication.

So someone is standing over you with a gun MAKING you play Archwing. Wow... if so, you have bigger problems than bugs in a video game.

I'm not going to read the entire series of arguments that has occurred since I last checked this thread, but DE does lock entirely non-Archwing content behind Archwing missions. Quite a sizable segment of the player base dislikes this practice, and says so.

The sad fact is, some people have no appreciation for potential. It is either perfect or it is trash. Terrible attitude. 

Your side of the issue is just as guilty of this as the other. When you've got one group saying that Archwing is fine, fun, and has potential, and the other saying it's tedious and buggy, portions of each side will eventually gravitate toward extremes ("It's awesome!" and "It's garbage!") in an attempt to out-do each other and have their voices heard more loudly than anyone else's.

I'll say this, though: DE does seem to be listening. They've made positive changes in 17.5. Everyone could do with tempering their opinion on Archwing.

Edited by Kastorius

I must be the only one that loves Archwing and find it entertaining on top of it reminding me of The game Freelancer. The Dog fights in that game were pretty intense and the ships appeared the same way they appear in Archwing.. Although you had a ship.. But still the fighting is pretty much the same and it was fun lol. But I am in the minority on that it seems. I loved Archwing since i first had access to it ( after i did the quest )