Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing Says "toxicity" Quite Like Archwing Events/content

Vargras

Pfffffahahahahahaha, I can't even describe how ridiculously funny this sounded for me xDDD

Remind me to send you a new fedora for Xmas, you deserve it m'dude ;)

Thank you for making my point for me.

I could not have done it better.

Edited by Kalenath

Last I checked elytron 3 still works and itzal 2 is still a toggle. Archwing, if nothing else, is even easier to auto. So no, your link is not sufficient to establish a conclusion.

The in game chat is the true majority of Warframe. Only a small portion of people actually come to the forums, much less ever even sign up. If you want the true general concensus then you go to region chat. If you want the opinions of people who are afraid to get warnings for being truthful then you come to the forums.

Archwing as is needs to be so much more than it is. Right now it's just a gimmick wall to some things that should have nothing to do with archwing.

First of all, that is not true. The only people who are against all this on your precious region chat are all the loud voices. The people enjoying this content are not going to bother typing about it. Not only that but the sheer amount of messages and spam sent on that chat makes it even less of a goos source of opinions.

Will you find exceptions? Sure.

Another thing, you never get punished for being truthful, only for being rude. Less posts would be locked/deleted if they simply were constructive, well written and without the overly self entitled commentary.

This is the case when you combine feedback you get with statistics you get.

If 100 people shout on one chat, it may seem like a lot. But compare that to 50k people playing AW on a daily basis (random statistic, not real)

-snip-

Note that my issue wasn't hitting enemies, it is seeing and tracking them. My favorite weapon in Archwing is the Velocitus, and I've been able to solo Archwing Interception by capturing all four towers, and then travelling to the epicenter of the region and just sniping any enemy that attempts to take a tower. I'm used to full 360-Degrees of freedom when playing space sims, and by not having that option here in Archwing, it makes tracking enemies feel clunky and undesirable.

Thing is, if all the Relays got destroyed, DE doesn't have to replace them or make alternatives. They can just say "You got yourself in this situation, so pretty much you're screwed," and yes, they have already proven this would be their thought process. The system for handling Kubrows is an example; inaction will result in the loss of content that DE will not replace or refund you for.

Plus, as I said before, it's not necessarily that I fear losing the content, it's more like I'm aggravated they threatened to take it away because I don't want to play a specific game-mode, a game-mode that is arguably incomplete.

Something people want? Well the people who wanted Archwing stabbed through Warframe like a knife are very easily the minority here. People wanted them connected, not jammed through one another.

The Redtext when announcing the attack made mockeries such as players not having ranked up their Archwing, or having forgotten it existed entirely. If it was sarcasm, sarcasm is still a form of mockery in context, but this was more of satire, and by definition satire carries with it some merit of truth. So, they made fun of players who they knew had not bothered to rank up Archwing or forgotten about it, even though it's their fault that the design of Archwing is not to many players' liking (simply because of how it exists at present, not at all a statement about their skills as game-designers).

On talk of Archwings design, to be honest I haven't a coherent thought yet on what I would do to fix it. I intend to play it some more in order to really analyze what my issues are, and how I would alter it to both negate what I dislike about it, while also maintaining compromise to players who presently like it. As well, establishing how to link Archwing more to Warframe without shoehorning it is a real kicker, but I'm hoping to draw some conclusions based upon my analysis once I make it.

And yes, inevitably not everyone would be happy with anything they do to Archwing, but Archwing right now has a large amount of room by which to improve, so therefore I can only assume that most who dislike Archwing would be brought around if it were expanded upon in the right ways.