Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe We Should Let Larunda Relay & Kronia Relay Get Destroyed...

Zarozian

Emotions are Biologically wired to us yes...

So are instincts... but they're two separate things...

Please take a sociology class man.

Also cells and every form of life functions because of ions which are able to carry/send signals.  In us, it's potassium and sodium ions which are able to send electrons at fast speeds through our nerves.

Instinct =/= Emotion, they go hand-in-hand sometimes, but the emotions are a byproduct of an instinct.

You get the instinct first, then the emotion.

In all animals, the motherly instinct comes FIRST, to protect their offspring.  And they can do it without emotion.

When MMA fighters and boxers fight... it's their instinct to fight in the ring... the referee, the lights, the crowd, those all trigger their fighting instincts in the ring.  They are not angry with each other (unless they have had issues before).  Notice how most fighters during weigh-ins are completely cool with each other.  There's an emotion there, but the instinct that came first, was to acknowledge your opponent.  And if they don't hate each other, then they don't fight with their emotions.  

Ronda Rousey compares her fighting instinct to the motherly instinct... and she has said that she doesn't necessarily feel any emotion toward her opponents, unless she had beef with them before hand.

Ronda Rousey doesn't feel emotions towards her opponents, but she sure does feel the instinct to protect herself, which the emotions are taking place, not towards her opponent as an enemy like you say, but an instinct to live and that is for herself, a motherly love instinct to take care of herself during a fight.

I never said instincts and emotions are the same, I'm only saying for you to have instincts you require feelings and emotions. That is why sometimes we call emotions uncontrollable emotions, because its almost the same as instincts, they can be automatic.

I have never seen a motherly animal who failed to protect their offspring and not be very mad or sad about it. They will hunt you down until their last option is stopping. Have you seen animals do a human-like cry when their beloved offsprings die? It is an automatic emotion for them to feel when they have lost something so dear, emotions are biologically inside animals as well. Did anyone teach those animals how to do that emotional cry? I'm pretty sure no one did, because they also feel emotions automatically, may it be negative or positive.

Edited by -Genesis-

Ronda Rousey doesn't feel emotions towards her opponents, but she sure does feel the instinct to protect herself, which the emotions are taking place, not towards her opponent as an enemy like you say, but an instinct to live and that is for herself, a motherly love instinct to take care of herself during a fight.

I never said instincts and emotions are the same, I'm only saying for you to have instincts you require feelings and emotions. That is why sometimes we call emotions uncontrollable emotions, because its almost the same as instincts, they can be automatic.

I have never seen a motherly animal who failed to protect their offspring and not be very mad or sad about it. They will hunt you down until their last option is stopping. Have you seen animals do a human-like cry when their beloved offsprings die? It is an automatic emotion for them to feel when they have lost something so dear, emotions are biologically inside animals as well. Did anyone teach those animals how to do that emotional cry? I'm pretty sure no one did, because they also feel emotions automatically, may it be negative or positive.

I see what you're getting at now.  You're right, emotions are automatic responses as well, but they come after the instinctive response or they can without an instinct present.

I was 210+ pounds so I was fat.   No instinct here, but I felt some emotion.  Eventually that emotion forced me to change(still not an instinct).  After exercising for months, I drop ~40 pounds.  Now it becomes an instinct or habit, that I need to exercise, and the emotion of feeling disgusted about being "fat" fades away.  I'm not feeling disgusted to exercise... that doesn't sound correct does it?  I exercise(the new response, not yet an instinct) because i feel disgusted(the emotion).  And eventually as the emotion fades/lessons, an instinct starts forming... and as I said before, I don't feel much emotion when exercising, even when the goal is to lose fat/become healthier.  Emotions don't necessarily take place when I'm doing that action.

Instincts are both latent/inborn AND can be learned(ex: hearing a telephone ringing means you need to pick it up)  Again protecting herself doesn't necessarily have anything to do with emotion.  I've been in sparring fights myself.  The instinct was to fight, and the goal was improve.  I didn't feel necessarily feel anything, I only learned a few things.  I got hurt, I didn't feel angry or upset, only pain (sensory).

Edited by --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--

see what you're getting at now.  You're right, emotions are automatic responses as well, but they come after the instinctive response or they can without an instinct present.

I was 210+ pounds so I was fat.   No instinct here, but I felt some emotion.  Eventually that emotion forced me to change(still not an instinct).  After exercising for months, I drop ~40 pounds.  Now it becomes an instinct or habit, that I need to exercise, and the emotion of feeling disgusted about being "fat" fades away.  I'm not feeling disgusted to exercise... that doesn't sound correct does it?  I exercise(the new response, not yet an instinct) because i feel disgusted(the emotion).  And eventually as the emotion fades/lessons, an instinct starts forming... and as I said before, I don't feel much emotion when exercising, even when the goal is to lose fat/become healthier.  Emotions don't necessarily take place when I'm doing that action.

Instincts are both latent/inborn AND can be learned(ex: hearing a telephone ringing means you need to pick it up)  Again protecting herself doesn't necessarily have anything to do with emotion.  I've been in sparring fights myself.  The instinct was to fight, and the goal was improve.  I didn't feel necessarily feel anything, I only learned a few things.  I got hurt, I didn't feel angry or upset, only pain (sensory).

If one is born with the ability to have feelings and emotions, the only time it will completely stop feeling them(emotions) is when that entity is finally dead.

You already showed it in your example that it started out with an emotion then eventually became an instinct. You said as time goes by you don't feel the emotions strongly as you started it and as it becomes an instinct a habit(told you you need emotions to have instincts). No one can truly remove an emotion out of your system, all you can do is reduce it to level that you can't almost recognize it. Your example is the perfect layout for this, you get used to the emotion that you don't have to think about it, its the same as breathing, we do it everyday but unless we pay attention to it, we won't recognize it happening. It's the same as your trained emotions, it is still there happening just in lowered intensity, if you truly think you have removed the emotion out of your system, then how come you can still recall how it exactly feels inside your body and be able define what it is at the same time? And that is because it is never gone, but only reduced to a trained state that you won't almost feel it existing.

Sure, you don't feel disgusted while exercising, but parallel to that thought is a disgust to yourself that you're fat, both feelings/ideas are, that's the driving force why you're exercising during that moment of time. Sure you can argue you stopped feeling disgust because you are now lean and happy about your body, but still continue to exercise anyway, doesn't that tell you that it is still emotion that's driving you to do such an act? You want to continue the feeling of being fit and that feeling/emotion is your driving force. See, the emotion is never gone, its either overpowered with another emotion, or it's just reduced to a trained emotional state, but still existing.

You don't necessarily have to feel it to actually say you're under an emotion, as its is the same as breathing, you don't necessarily have to pay attention to it for you to continue breathing. Emotions, instinct as well as breathing are by default are automatic anyway. You are so used to them that you don't anymore need to pay attention to them to happen. Ever tried to ask yourself if you're happy or sad right now? Then as you think deeper and deeper as how you really feel, you begin to realize you are sad(or happy), but how is that so? Because that sadness is actually taking place, you just don't realize it.

Edited by -Genesis-

unless u follow that particular thread and u be reading all posted comments even the off-topics :P

Ima be honest with you. I only read the first page. But if the first page isn't interesting then I just skip the the last page and make a comment. Other than that I do read to see where this topic convo is going.

Well actually I thought about it and I'd have to say no....

For we are not mercenaries just fighting for scraps. =/ 

We have Tenno Honor! ;O

And Scanning For Simaris! > ;O

Ima be honest with you. I only read the first page. But if the first page isn't interesting then I just skip the the last page and make a comment. Other than that I do read to see where this topic convo is going.

Yep~ I changed my opinion on my second post on the first page~ = 3=

since its all honesty i am of the same way..i only read first sentence..if i see any post with more than 50 words i just skip the whole thing..

scroll down post something +1 point

Guess ya'll best get out there and blow up that Fomorian.

From what I've seen of this new random Fomorian invasion, it seems pretty easy to destroy--certainly much easier than some of the ones we had to deal with during the event.

If you're one of those complaining about Baro constantly showing up on Orcus, then get out there and do something about it now that you have the chance.

Guess ya'll best get out there and blow up that Fomorian.

From what I've seen of this new random Fomorian invasion, it seems pretty easy to destroy--certainly much easier than some of the ones we had to deal with during the event.

If you're one of those complaining about Baro constantly showing up on Orcus, then get out there and do something about it now that you have the chance.

We've already destroyed it.

You selfish monster.

I don't see players with a sizeable ranking, who are expected to have at least a reasonable budget to handle endgame content, selfish pile of elitist, especially when compared to early MR3-6 players running around with their Rhino Primes with Boltor/Soma Primes by hand throwing discontent and scrubby behavior at people to tell what armor to wear for every player in every mission.

It is disheartening.

Edited by Freelancer27

I don't see players with a sizeable ranking, who are expected to have at least a reasonable budget to handle endgame content, selfish pile of elitist, especially when compared to early MR3-6 players running around with their Rhino Primes with Boltor/Soma Primes by hand throwing discontent and scrubby behavior at people to tell what armor to wear for every player in every mission.

It is disheartening.

No it's Loki Primes and Limbos now.

Cause they're popular~ They also hate Rhino Prime and Rhino in general too so they avoid him cause they think it's pro/cool to do so since everyone else is doing it~ o -o