Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #61 Overview

AM-Bunny

All's good, but those don't fix any problems with Saryn. Her problem is how the abilities fail to work - Venom has the wrong name and is far too slow at dealing damage for Warframe's pace, Molt's good, Contagion's just going to be an accessory to Venom which means both abilities are still useless and Miasma's not changed from being a boring "press 4 to win" nuke. She's going to be just as useless as before because these changes don't fix anything that needed fixing.

They didn't come out and say it, but I got the impression that the days of full -duration Saryn might be over.

Honestly though, I really am pleased with what they've done with her.

For me the rework sound a bit like a failure. But haven't seen anything.

Is the ult a toggle now? If no, it's just a nerf to the ability damage or usefulness(alert enemies without the OS possibilty). Even with a way higher duration(30s+) it would be nowhere as good without CC(don't know if it apply this for more as 1s due only having 1s for this ability) to trade off the needed damage(if at all compared to the current system). So no. I don't see a nice future for Saryn with this rework. :/

For me the rework sound a bit like a failure. But haven't seen anything.

Is the ult a toggle now? If no, it's just a nerf to the ability damage or usefulness(alert enemies without the OS possibilty). Even with a way higher duration(30s+) it would be nowhere as good without CC(don't know if it apply this for more as 1s due only having 1s for this ability) to trade off the needed damage(if at all compared to the current system). So no. I don't see a nice future for Saryn with this rework. :/

It's not a toggle.

Looks like it will overall be a nerf to the damage, although it was mentioned that it will do additional damage if the targets are affected by toxin or viral procs. I imagine that if you accomplish that, it will probably have equal or greater damage than it does now. Basically, the idea was to make her more active with her powers, so that you have to use your head, and mix up her powerset, rather than just spamming 4 thoughtlessly.

So, if you enjoy just clearing rooms without blinking an eye with Miasma, this will probably be a huge nerf. But if you wanted deeper, more rewarding mechanics - like I did - this is a great step in the right direction.

Dat app doe!!!!

Would it be like, an app that reminds you when your favourite television shows are on...?

It's official. I'm buying the rhino skin. I wasn't sold at first, but damn it looks sexy in game

Agh, I'm so torn. I don't like Rhino - I've never even bothered to build him. But at the same time, the limited time exclusivity, plus the Hammer and cape are tempting me. 

Saryn Revamp

• Venom will proc an explosion
• If the target already has poison proc, it will be transferred to all nearby enemies by Venom
• Weapons buffed by Contagion will automatically pop the Venom pustules
• Miasma will have damage increased against enemies afflicted by Toxin or Viral procs (which are inflicted by Venom and Contagion)
• Duration will play a large role to extend the debuffs and damage ticks
• As enemies damage Molt, it will build additional damage for Miasma
• Molt can also be used as a host for Venom
• 25% bonus to status duration Passive Ability

Well, people kicked and screamed and now we have it. What people *_think_* is a good Saryn rework. All those people who said that everything but Miasma was useless, congratulations - you've now made it so that she needs to press 1, 2, 3 and 4 instead of 4. This fixes nothing, it just forces use of the other abilities to make them seem useful to you (and two of the three were actually already very useful anyways). I knew all of this "synergy" would be added, since people demanded it, but it's the same as Ember and Accellerant - it's not synergy, it's having to use two skills to make one skill useful. As for the new focus on duration, fair enough - she was the only frame who scaled well with negative duration. Now, between this rework and the toggleable ability changes, Transient Fortitude is a pretty bad mod right now. I wasn't a fan of sacrificing one skill to power up another, but that's what the mod was supposed to do.

Before people jump on me, I never played Saryn as a "push 4 to win" frame. I used Miasma when my team needed a large AoE. I used Venom when we needed to cut down a tanky enemy. I used Molt to get out of tricky situations. Contagion was awful, yes, but we could've just had that reworked and some quality of life changes, instead of having to mash all of her abilities to get the effect out of one of them. I'm glad that Saryn got some attention, but I don't want my skills to "synergise" when there's no real reason for it. The option to cast Venon on Molt - that's a useful little combo. Making Contagion remove the slight accuracy needed for popping Venom; needing to hit with Venom and Contagion to make Miasma stronger and enemies attacking Molt making Miasma stronger... that's not synergy to me. That's making people use those other abilities to get the most out of the ability they want. Venom and Molt were already great, people just didn't understand what they did and complained. Again, Contagion needed a buff, not to be tied into a giant tangled mess with everything else.

Before, Saryn was a frame with three strong abilities and one useless one. Now she'll be a frame with only Miasma, and three extra things used to buff Miasma. She'll be more focused around Miasma than ever before...

As for Saryn's status passive and all of the other stuff on the stream - it looks bloody awesome.

It's not a toggle.

Looks like it will overall be a nerf to the damage, although it was mentioned that it will do additional damage if the targets are affected by toxin or viral procs. I imagine that if you accomplish that, it will probably have equal or greater damage than it does now. Basically, the idea was to make her more active with her powers, so that you have to use your head, and mix up her powerset, rather than just spamming 4 thoughtlessly.

So, if you enjoy just clearing rooms without blinking an eye with Miasma, this will probably be a huge nerf. But if you wanted deeper, more rewarding mechanics - like I did - this is a great step in the right direction.

You forget, that to apply damage, it need then time. Time, that enable your enemies to fight for longer. In this time, they can either die to other meanings or just not die at all. Those additional restrictions are that: restrictions. Sound only useful for boss fights/hard enemies. So no for me it sound like a big downgrade with the carrot of a 'buff'. They could have easy up all 4 powers with specific tweaks, but seem they failed to do them.

Would it be like, an app that reminds you when your favourite television shows are on...?

Agh, I'm so torn. I don't like Rhino - I've never even bothered to build him. But at the same time, the limited time exclusivity, plus the Hammer and cape are tempting me.

That was my dilemma, lol. Well, excluding the not having him. I'm a sucker for primes ;-;

Thanks bunny.

Do you know what they mean about iron skin scaling with mods? It already does with power strength.

He compared its new scaling to Snow Globe, saying that it will have a small window of invulnerability after casting.

Sorry, I forgot to go back and edit that in.

You forget, that to apply damage, it need then time. Time, that enable your enemies to fight for longer. In this time, they can either die to other meanings or just not die at all. Those additional restrictions are that: restrictions. Sound only useful for boss fights/hard enemies. So no for me it sound like a big downgrade with the carrot of a 'buff'. They could have easy up all 4 powers with specific tweaks, but seem they failed to do them.

Personally, I've always wanted Saryn to feel like a poison frame. 

She doesn't currently, she feels like a generic nuke frame. I'm always a sucker for poison archetypes in any game or system, and since I've played many, I can tell you that this is one thing that it always struggles with. It needs duration to be effective, but it's more convenient to kill enemies quickly. It's a tricky balance, but I'm happy that Saryn is finally starting to feel like her theme. If you want a bland nuker, there's plenty of other options.

Btw, the only game I can think of off the top of my head that poison was super useful was Pokemon XD