Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #61 Overview

AM-Bunny

My problem was that he can be invisible in his Absorb. Ouch.

My main fear is that if he becomes any cooler, there will be a huge influx in "We should be able to play as Stalker!!" posts. Hopefully he will be transformed into something that doesn't even resemble a player Warframe so that notion can be put to rest finally.

thx for your great information as usual, bunny

the expression/information on umbra isnt really clear enough for me, i dont hope on things which i can buy

no word about U 18 and the sentients ...

the 2 most interesting things for me are left in the dark ... again :/

My main fear is that if he becomes any cooler, there will be a huge influx in "We should be able to play as Stalker!!" posts. Hopefully he will be transformed into something that doesn't even resemble a player Warframe so that notion can be put to rest finally.

Oh no... not that! ANYTHING but that!

I agree completely.

the expression/information on umbra isnt really clear enough for me, i dont hope on things which i can buy

no word about U 18 and the sentients ...

Steve said that Umbra Excalibur won't be super impossible to obtain... so I got the impression that he'll be available through gameplay somehow. 

During NYCC, the devs said that they're aiming for the end of November for U18.

They also mentioned during NYCC that the tone of the game will shift somewhat in 2016, and that moving forward, mainly due to The Sentients as a huge threat.

Destroying The Void
• The main goal of the change is to add diversity to how you gain Prime Parts
• This change won't remove access to any Prime Parts
• This change won't necessarily affect how rare items are - you'll still need to do a lot of runs to gain Prime Parts
• This is explained as Void fissures being opened in various locations by the Void Keyst

Uh concerning that, does that mean that the Corrupted Faction will be wiped from the game?

Uh concerning that, does that mean that the Corrupted Faction will be wiped from the game?

No, Corrupted are staying, as is the Void Tileset. The only thing that's going to be changing really is how Void Rewards are obtained.

How the Void is going to remain relevant after this change takes place is unclear.

Destroying The Void
• The main goal of the change is to add diversity to how you gain Prime Parts
• This change won't remove access to any Prime Parts
• This change won't necessarily affect how rare items are - you'll still need to do a lot of runs to gain Prime Parts
• This is explained as Void fissures being opened in various locations by the Void Keyst

No Steve said that clearly. The Corrupted will be remaining. But as to how you will GET to the Void tileset? Not sure.

Edited by Kalenath

thanks once again to AM-Bunny. I don't get a lot of time to watch the Devstreams, so these overviews are very useful to me.

I like a lot of what was mentioned here. really like the charge attacks, especially for the Nikana, and a Daily Reward System is good too, but I'm SUPER hyped for Rhino's alterations. maybe he will ACTUALLY feel like a Tank now. and as for Temple Rhino... *drools* so much want...

thanks once again to AM-Bunny. I don't get a lot of time to watch the Devstreams, so these overviews are very useful to me.

I like a lot of what was mentioned here. really like the charge attacks, especially for the Nikana, and a Daily Reward System is good too, but I'm SUPER hyped for Rhino's alterations. maybe he will ACTUALLY feel like a Tank now. and as for Temple Rhino... *drools* so much want...

No problem - I know it's a little thing, but easily the best part of Rhino's touch up for me is the Heavy Impact. That's just amusing.

I doubt he'll really feel like a tank... the only real change for how he plays will probably be that his Rhino Charge is a lot more useful. Steve had some reservations about applying melee mods to it though (he wanted to have a conversation with Scott about it), which is why I put 'possibly'.

Whelp i guess that after this stream scythes won't be mention in another forever...

There was still that really intriguing Augment Mod that was spoiled a while ago for them... the one that increases Attack Speed on Bleed proc like a slashing version of Berserker.

That would be interesting.

revive rework

ex : if im on mission and died 4 times and failed the mission do i just go back in my liset / mantis and get instant refill "4 revives" right away ?

That's how it's looking, yes.

Quite a generous system, but I suppose it's really especially favourable to newbies, which is fair.

I'd rather these Warframe skins become a thing than Umbra Warframes. As far as I see, Temple Guardian Rhino is looking pretty darn rad.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Rhino Charge change is essentially making it a Slash Dash/Landslide clone, yes ?

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

I'd rather these Warframe skins become a thing than Umbra Warframes. As far as I see, Temple Guardian Rhino is looking pretty darn rad.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Rhino Charge change is essentially making it a Slash Dash/Landslide clone, yes ?

I'd rather Umbra Warframes be skins too. Who wants to have 3 different versions of a single Warframe to Forma??

It's similar to those powers, yes. I believe Slash Dash hits a wider area (more of a cone shape) and can also be angled up to hit airborne enemies. I'm not really sure about Landslide since I don't have Atlas, but Rhino Charge will be in the same vein as those at least.

I doubt he'll really feel like a tank... the only real change for how he plays will probably be that his Rhino Charge is a lot more useful. Steve had some reservations about applying melee mods to it though (he wanted to have a conversation with Scott about it), which is why I put 'possibly'.

I don't know... an invuln period with an Iron Skin scaling from armor and damage received could make him pretty darn tanky.

The big question would be the duration of the invuln and the percentages it would scale at.

I'm also going to guess that the issue that arose with tying Rhino Charge to mods AND the progressive cast element of Landslide had something to do with Roar's buff.... I could definitely be wrong though.

It's similar to those powers, yes. I believe Slash Dash hits a wider area (more of a cone shape) and can also be angled up to hit airborne enemies. I'm not really sure about Landslide since I don't have Atlas, but Rhino Charge will be in the same vein as those at least.

I was mostly referring to the chain attack mechanic. Not saying it's bad of course, I just had some hopes that DE would introduce a newer and unique mechanic.

I'd rather Umbra Warframes be skins too. Who wants to have 3 different versions of a single Warframe to Forma??

Not me certainly...if it goes beyond Excal this might be what finally breaks me of the gotta collect'em all mentality, and it's all downhill for Warframe from there.

Umbra skins would be great. I never play Rhino, but I'm still planning to get the Rhino skin just because it looks cool.

I can tell Umbra Warframes are proof that Primed versions are merely just for show for the Orokin to make them feel safe and warm that something clean and incandescent would protect them.

Like a normal human would normally stay behind a clean, well-armed security guard than a bloodied, scarred seasoned veteran.

Primed are Orokin made, I have a feeling Umbra have something to do with the Orokin, since they are the "Twisted" or "Darker" side of the Tenno. Although it could be Prewar, and represent a darker nature of the Tenno before the Orokin directed them to the Sentients.

I was mostly referring to the chain attack mechanic. Not saying it's bad of course, I just had some hopes that DE would introduce a newer and unique mechanic.

Yeah, it looks like it will be the same chain mechanic that Atlas uses. Honestly it seems odd to me; it makes perfect sense to apply this mechanic to a punch combo, but to a rhino charge? Logically, you would simply charge into an enemy a single time.

I suppose it could work mechanically, but it doesn't seem like the most intuitive change.

Primed are Orokin made, I have a feeling Umbra have something to do with the Orokin, since they are the "Twisted" or "Darker" side of the Tenno. Although it could be Prewar, and represent a darker nature of the Tenno before the Orokin directed them to the Sentients.

Actually, the Orokin did say in their archives they threw the Tenno into the Void to warp them beyond their original potential, implying to be Umbras, not Primes.