Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory On What The Umbras Are

Arthan

So, we know that the Prime frames are the warframes constructed by the Orokin for the Tenno. The Tenno then altered the primes to their "normal" state after the collapse. In devstream 61, Steve said that the Umbras are the perverse or wicked version of primes. They are its negative version. I theorize that the Umbras are the frames worn by the Stalker and the other 'low guardians'. Either that, or they were worn by Tenno who first took up the Lotus' cause. Either way, they represent all that is not Orokin and most likely were worn by dissenters, rebels, and conspirators.

Please comment your thoughts below.

Its just Guardians, theres no "low" in the actual title.

I think the Umbras are frames that were experiments to harness the Sentients power, thus the non orokin and twisted nature of them. Its also possible that these were the very first iterations of the Primes, like the imperfect and experimental frame in all its glory with the Primes being the next gen that took away the faults of the Umbra

i dont care about emotional descriptions, if that what i have seen from the chinese excal is a umbra i simply like its design

and i like useful warframes, their playability, i dont care about what others feel when they use a warframe ))))) i have my own expirience XD

Umbras are just Ghetto Primes. 

Urban "Gangsters" also try to look edgy and badass by having random gold everywhere...but without all the holy and mighty feeling...just "cool" xD.

Thus I come to the conclusion that Umbra Excalibur originated from the long lost civilization of Detroit.

Frame that got Primed should never be Umbra

Frame that will never get Prime should be Umbra

so u will have 3 types of frame now

the regular frame and (fork in the road) those that choose to be Prime and those that choose to be Umbra

true meaning of the word

um·bra
ˈəmbrə/
noun

1. the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse.
    • ASTRONOMY
      the dark central part of a sunspot.
    • literary
      shadow or darkness.
Edited by Pnoyleet

Umbras: The Tenno who never slept, who became shadows of their former selves after living for so long. Like the Stalker, but not the Stalker or one of the Guardians. These Tenno are of course Primed in appearance because they were among the first, among the Primes. That's my little fan theory.

Umbra is probly a rescued warframes that were captured by the sentiants. The warframes probly then being changed to fit the sentiants so they could use warframes. The stalker maybe a tenno that was warped by the sentiants or disabled during the war and was warped by not being saved and forgotten.

Umbras are Excalibur Prime exclusivity circumvent

Shots fired

This, essentially. Really, they are a series of frames meant to make Excalibur Umbra look like the first of a new series of warframes when in reality he's Excalibur Umbra Prime, a Chinese Excalibur Prime circumvent, who had the Prime part of his name dropped so that international players wouldnt think he was an Excal Prime variant.

But I'm not complaining. He looks cool. Just hope I can use him as a skin for Excal Prime in addition to him being a separate warframe.

Umbras are Excalibur Prime exclusivity circumvent

Shots fired

And i think that is the best solution they could come up with actually, founder keep their exclusive excalibur and everyone is happy, now let's have an umbra lato and an umbra skana will ya ? ;p

EDIT :

This, essentially. Really, they are a series of frames meant to make Excalibur Umbra look like the first of a new series of warframes when in reality he's Excalibur Umbra Prime, a Chinese Excalibur Prime circumvent, who had the Prime part of his name dropped so that international players wouldnt think he was an Excal Prime variant.

But I'm not complaining. He looks cool. Just hope I can use him as a skin for Excal Prime in addition to him being a separate warframe.

Who know, maybe you'll want to use the umbra if it get an interesting passive ^

Edited by Syln