Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pridesfury

Saryn Rework Analysis

first section will be a copy paste from another thread for reference sake for the readers.

Passive

- +25% Status Effect Duration

- Affects procs inflicted by Saryn's abilities, such as Viral and Toxin.

Venom

- Can be cast on active Molt

- If host suffers from Toxin proc while Venom is active, its spores can proc Toxin on nearby enemies.

Contagion

- All melee attacks by Saryn while Contagion is active will pop Venom spores on enemies hit.

Maisma
- Damage is dealt every second (ability lasts X seconds). Power Duration affects how long the ability lasts.

- Inflicts increased damage when enemies suffer from Viral and Toxin procs.

- Molt acts as battery to increase Miasma's damage output by absorbing enemy attacks.

Saryn will focus on requiring the use of all 4 abilities to maximize the damage of her ult. putting that into perspective thats 250 energy to cast each one once her maximum energy pool without flow is 150.

Now what im seeing here is power strength range duration and efficiency are all important requiring you to balance their usage

corrupted mods are heavily punished as you require 3 abilities to gain maximum damage from maisma making blind rage without a trinity a poor choice. using narrow minded while turning all your abilities into long term effects makes 3 of them pretty impotent. overextended isnt a horrible option due to range effecting more targets causing more targets to take the damage which evens out your dps making it a playstyle choice while making fleeting expertise another playstyle choice to give up total damage for spamability.

I suggest taking some advantage of the new duration-efficiency system by making contagion a channeled ability so you can maintain it using your high duration builds. an additional option would be to apply that to molt allowing you to instantly pop it to create that toxin proc to make spores deal splash damage. while allowing you to use one channeled molt as a more long term decoy if the scenario dictates it. it would still be destroy-able just like effigy is but would give players more control over its demise. destruction and recasting would be necessary to regain the regenerative molt effect.

This system would lower the upfront energy cost of of a blind rage build to allow saryns to reasonably perform set ups using all 4 abilities without decking their entire energy reserves

also saryn prime +energy pool please

this rework is so amazing im more hyped for it than i was for any of the others this girl is going to be so powerful and skill based no more press 4 to win its more like 2 1 3 melee melee melee 4 but please keep energy economy in mind having to use all your abilities will become improbable without a trinity slave without converting a couple of abilities to channel based with low activation.

Yuup. Idea is you cast Molt. Then cast Venom on molt. Enemies attack it & also get the toxin & viral procs. Plus enemies attacking molt is charging the battery for Miasma. Then cast Miasma for max effect. I love the synergy between her powers. I think I read somewhere that contagion will also apply to weapons. But I doubt that thou but would be nice

I think I read somewhere that contagion will also apply to weapons. But I doubt that thou but would be nice

Scott didn't mention anything but I'd assume contagion would still give the usual +75% toxin damage to melee + the new rework. I really wish contagion would at least scale a bit and not simply add toxin damage as if you added another fever strike. Not worth it imo.

This will be so easy to fail. Low proc chances = useless abilities. Also damage. What's the point in having a lot of enemies suffering from toxic procs, if it does 10 dmg? Another ability to stop using after enemy reach lvl 10?

This will be so easy to fail. Low proc chances = useless abilities. Also damage. What's the point in having a lot of enemies suffering from toxic procs, if it does 10 dmg? Another ability to stop using after enemy reach lvl 10?

well to be fair i did just instakill the jug by placing molt down then placing venom on an enemy then placing torid next to the molt creating a scenario where torid popped all the spores splashing them to all other targets then they ran to the molt with torid popping their spores and so on so forth for about 20 enemies in about 2 seconds melting the jug with viral toxin procs so thats a thing and since venom will make them splash toxin if affected by toxin damage my pure toxin torid will create a chaotic hell next to my molt. plus my viralcold glaive will do some nasty things to them as well after using contagion.

it seems her priority will be best summed up with one word "cascade" that said the energy costs of using all her abilities consistently will be far too high for her tiny energy pool thus why i would like to see molt and contagion turned into toggleable so she may utilize her duration to help mitigate set up costs. while still being expensive to upkeep on. i feel like im going to be tied to regenerative molt rage shield blocking and a dragon key at this rate.

Yuup. Idea is you cast Molt. Then cast Venom on molt. Enemies attack it & also get the toxin & viral procs. Plus enemies attacking molt is charging the battery for Miasma. Then cast Miasma for max effect. I love the synergy between her powers. I think I read somewhere that contagion will also apply to weapons. But I doubt that thou but would be nice

Waste all energy to pull this combo only once, wait some time for the ticks to even tickle the enemy... Or put out primary OP of choice and mow them down in 5 seconds.

Synergy on all skills and make them lowly effective on their own is nothing a 150 base energy frame needs.

This rework is honestly lackluster it fixes none of her current scaling issues or changes her from a nuke frame and for some reason we still have contagion her worst skill

Waste all energy to pull this combo only once, wait some time for the ticks to even tickle the enemy... Or put out primary OP of choice and mow them down in 5 seconds.

Synergy on all skills and make them lowly effective on their own is nothing a 150 base energy frame needs.

I mean yeah i guess. I really like the venom change thou. Before only 1 target gets infected & then u have to pop it just so others can also get the proc. Now if enemies come into contact with a ally that already has this proc. They will also receive it too. I just want to play as her in a high lvl just too see how well this rework turns out to be.

Did you not watch devstream Rebecca was making those lvl 55 melt and the lvl 90s seem easy also

Did you not watch devstream Rebecca was making those lvl 55 melt and the lvl 90s seem easy also

In a developer game build (this point does not make a difference please ignore)

I am the most nervous for the energy economy/usage that this rework will have, as with some reworks DE jsut can't get energy usage to be viable on some frames. Maybe it will give them a reason to create a primed Streamline as a bandaid.

I am the most nervous for the energy economy/usage that this rework will have, as with some reworks DE jsut can't get energy usage to be viable on some frames. Maybe it will give them a reason to create a primed Streamline as a bandaid.

Never going to happen, give it up.

What's the different she was in simlurium

Ok ok true makes no difference but her number 4 can already kill up to 55ish infested no problem so i'm trying to think how this rework helps saryn because all it does is now we wont just press four but 2 1 then 4 maybe 3 it only adds a sense of fake/forced synergy        

Ok ok true makes no difference but her number 4 can already kill up to 55ish infested no problem so i'm trying to think how this rework helps saryn because all it does is now we wont just press four but 2 1 then 4 maybe 3 it only adds a sense of fake/forced synergy        

if that is faked or forced synergy explain what real synergy is. and yes math out some of these numbers conditioning that you will be mass ticking toxin procs on enemies that are almost guaranteed to have viral already on them in combination with 25% bonus damage to the corrosive that is ticking every second it will scale but only as long as your tiny tiny energy pool survives.

Example of synergy from LoL illusory orb + waning rift (illusory orb  is launched in a straight line at any time you can teleport to it) (waning rift releases an aoe cloud that deals damage and silences nearby players)

if that is faked or forced synergy explain what real synergy is. and yes math out some of these numbers conditioning that you will be mass ticking toxin procs on enemies that are almost guaranteed to have viral already on them in combination with 25% bonus damage to the corrosive that is ticking every second it will scale but only as long as your tiny tiny energy pool survives.

Forced synergy = if one skill relies on one other to be effective 

Example of synergy from LoL illusory orb + waning rift (illusory orb  is launched in a straight line at any time you can teleport to it) (waning rift releases an aoe cloud that deals damage and silences nearby players)

Forced synergy = if one skill relies on one other to be effective 

venom is powerful in and of itself

molt is highly valuable utility with moderate damage in and of itself

contagion is highly valuable among melee players which works well with her high hp pool. so good in and of itself

maisma is a long term sit in place high powered version of maim in and of itself

venom with molt is a spreading mechanism

venom with contagion is an accelerator for spreading venom

venom with maisma is viral damage on corrosive procced enemies (always a good thing) in addition to bonus damage for being under venom

molt with venom is a damage inflicting decoy

molt with contagion ok you got me here

molt with maisma is overcharging for abilities how @(*()$ cool is that?

contagion with venom is melee swings proc viral on everything with 16 meters yah totally worthless im sure

contagion with molt yah still meh

contagion with maisma toxin procs makes for bonus damage on your molt charged super ult that creates a perfect killing field of WIN

maisma with venom you mean b-b-b-b-b-bonus damage?

maisma with molt you mean b-b-b-b-b-b-bonus damage?

maisma with contagion you mean b-b-b-b-bonus damage? wait how many bonus damage sets can we achieve?

so abilities kick ! alone and they kick more ! when used together in an elegant poisonous dance of death despair and 3 count them 3 damage types.

saryn is victory and you best respect her.

Not impressed (conceptually) with the rework. Also, if Saryn relies on Contagion (Melee range) or Molt (appears where you stand), to amplify damage and uses damage over time as her primary mode of  attack, she will be taking a lot of heat and needs a major durability boost, like a base armor of 400 - 500. And I also think contagion should be on toggle, which would make it more powerful and overall easier to apply the combos.

Basically they changed Saryn from a frontline tank caster into an Area control nuker.
Pretty neat redirection of her strengths in my opinion, I only hope her stats are more or less updated to support her new cast relient playstyle.

But the big fat issue is this "How does Contagion fit?" DE should replace Contagion with something else.