The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A Good Dragon Nikana Build!

(PSN)ArgusTheMan

Question

I'm in real need of a good dragon nikana build as everytime I tired to build one it just ends up useless or ineffective in t3 or 4. I currently go with a pressure point,life strike, fury, killing blow,focus energy and 3 elements but I never seem to get numbers high enough to warrant the channeling cost. I don't have buzzkill or corrupted channeling mods. I have all stances but I am currently switching between tranquil cleave and blind justice. Please help me, I really love the nikana style weapons but I can't build it in a way to make it effective.

11 answers to this question

Get a blast toxin, corrosive fire, or magnetic toxin elements, I use pressure point, life strike, the fire and ice mods(90%s I think) both toxin mods, spoiled strike(sometimes prime reach instead) with fury and blind justice combo

Btw try guiding light on blind justice and watch the damage numbers it's a frames per second based dash/slide attack meaning every possible frame your attacking

Channeling damage will never really be worth the added energy cost, unless you're using a frame that doesn't need the energy for abilities or can generate it. I'd stick with just basic attacks and tap channel in order to heal.

Pressure Point

Fury or Life Strike

True Steel

Organ Shatter or Life Strike

Berserker

3x 90% elements (Corrosive+Cold(or LS) for Void, Viral+BuzzKill for 4x CP groups)

This will give you a much faster attack rate from all the 'zerker procs, and hard hitting crits dealing more damage than your channeled attacks, without costing any energy to swing. LS could be fit into any of the above slots; instead of Fury, OS, or the third element as you prefer. You could replace Organ Shatter, or another element if you want more consistent damage/swing, and you could use 60%/60% status elements instead of the 90%'s if you want to save some forma (the corrosive procs might even make this better against heavy armor).

Edited by Darzk

Channeling damage will never really be worth the added energy cost, unless you're using a frame that doesn't need the energy for abilities or can generate it. I'd stick with just basic attacks and tap channel in order to heal.

Pressure Point

Fury

True Steel

Organ Shatter

Berserker

3x 90% elements (Corrosive+Cold for Void, Viral+BuzzKill for 4x CP groups)

This will give you a much faster attack rate from all the 'zerker procs, and hard hitting crits dealing more damage than your channeled attacks, without costing any energy to swing. You could replace Organ Shatter with another element if you want more consistent damage/swing, and you could use 60%/60% status elements instead of the 90%'s if you want to save some forma (the corrosive procs might even make this better against heavy armor).

Post just use blind justice guiding light, take out cry chance mods, 17 max hits, if you don't get a crit your unlucky

Post just use blind justice guiding light, take out cry chance mods, 17 max hits, if you don't get a crit your unlucky

Not entirely sure what you're saying, but yes, you can remove True Steel and Zerker will still proc often enough to keep it active - so long as enemies are always present to attack. I find installing TS allows me not to worry about keeping the zerker buff up, as I can regain it much more easily than without TS. That's worth the small direct damage loss compared to using another damage mod, to me.

Not entirely sure what you're saying, but yes, you can remove True Steel and Zerker will still proc often enough to keep it active - so long as enemies are always present to attack. I find installing TS allows me not to worry about keeping the zerker buff up, as I can regain it much more easily than without TS. That's worth the small direct damage loss compared to using another damage mod, to me.

My statement is basically this, you can remove the crit mod and keep Bessemer, using guiding light(blond justice combo) you can hit a max 17 hits in one second by hitting with a charge, 22-33 is with a volt, if you don't get a crit in those 17 hits you are so unlucky

I've seen a video which had the dragon nikana crit for over 100k and do normal hits for close to 16k! The link for the build was outdated though. If anyone knows of a build similar to this please post a link.

I don't even know how you could get that high, I know a guy who might but he's asleep and I'm going to school soon