Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deflecting/blocking And Energy Costs

Impact6

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The energy cost while deflecting is way too high and has faulty/no scaling whatsoever.

There are some people (like me) who find intense joy in blocking bullets with melee weapons. At the moment blocking is mostly useless since either you don't have your melee weapon drawn or the sheer amount of damage from a few enemies isn't being bothered by it.

Why not make it so that without channeling blocking just blocks everything for a fair duration just like wall clinging, and with channeling deflect like 25% for 1 energy per second instead of 5 energy per bullet??!!!

Edit: 

I think Stamina needs to return for blocking as a 100% damage negation but working like Shield: absorbs damage until you run out of stamina with a recharge delay to prevent taping block abuse.

Either this, but only for blocking/reflecting, or

Just change channeling to a drain per second instead of drain per hit. Now a heavy gunner cannot destroy your energy pool in 1 magazine.

something like this. 

Please, DE?

Edited by Impact6

I would much prefer it if it worked like it used to before they removed stamina. 

Obviously I don't want things to go back to exactly how they used to be but if blocking worked in same way it did WITH stamina then a lot would be improved.

EDIT: haha I hate stamina.

Edited by Keybopsef

Just change channeling to a drain per second instead of drain per hit. Now a heavy gunner cannot destroy your energy pool in 1 magazine.

Bring back stamina only for blocking would be fine. Current blocking is pointless

No. Stamina was removed because it limited melee, let's not bring that back. DE shouldn't have to introductory another resource for melee users to manage.

No. Stamina was removed because it limited melee, let's not bring that back. DE shouldn't have to introductory another resource for melee users to manage.

Stamina only limited melee if you didn't understand what to do after your Stamina ran out, you could block as much as you can tap, if you recast fast enough

I made a thread about this. The amount of negativity it got...

Probably it was from Ranged Conclave players, or PvE players that didn't understand that you were talking about Stamina for Blocking and only blocking, no other aspect of the game modified.

I think Stamina needs to return for blocking as a 100% damage negation but working like Shield: absorbs damage until you run out of stamina with a recharge delay to prevent taping block abuse.

Probably it was from Ranged Conclave players, or PvE players that didn't understand that you were talking about Stamina for Blocking and only blocking, no other aspect of the game modified.

The tap block abuse is insanely hard to actually do perfectly as a person who can partly do it I think it needs to be their but the mod reflect guard needs to only apply when you have the full amount of stamina to actually block it

To me melee feels much better than guns but it can't rival them. Not only its damage is lower but you're more vulnerable. Unless you use Ash, Excalibur, Loki or maybe Valkyr.

And this is where my unpopular opinion comes in: some frames just don't have the capacity to support melee-only gameplay, and this is absolutely fine.  It makes more sense that the tankier and stealthier frames remain as the most potent melee combatants.

Edited by AzureEmulation

And this is where my unpopular opinion comes in: some frames just don't have the capacity to support melee-only gameplay, and this is absolutely fine.  It makes more sense that the tankier and stealthier frames remain as the most potent melee combatants.

We don't argue that there are frames designed for melee (Ash, Excalibur, Rhino, Atlas, Valkyr, Saryn), we argue that Melee combat as a system is inferior to ranged combat. Ranged weapons don't suffer drawbacks when  you bulletjump or glide or whatever, nor they suffer any range issue. Melee is closequarters but suffers from many issues, blocking being useless (damage reduction too low, even if it's infinite) or to costly (drains too much energy) is the reason why this thread exists at all.

Does the moment-to-moment gameplay even consider blocking to be a core mechanic?

Edit: Will the moment-to-moment gameplay benefit from a more mechanically significant blocking system, or from a more responsive and intuitive dodging system?

Should warframe reflect more LoZ: OOT blocking, or DMC/Bayon dodging?

Edited by Aizeol

Does the moment-to-moment gameplay even consider blocking to be a core mechanic?

Edit: Will the moment-to-moment gameplay benefit from a more mechanically significant blocking system, or from a more responsive and intuitive dodging system?

Should warframe reflect more LoZ: OOT blocking, or DMC/Bayon dodging?

I would like a melee combat system more akin to DMC/Bayon for Warframe, it would actually fix most of the  issues with the current melee 2.0 (Ranged players will complain but whatever)

I would like a melee combat system more akin to DMC/Bayon for Warframe, it would actually fix most of the issues with the current melee 2.0 (Ranged players will complain but whatever)

But DMC/Bayon already exists. I'd rather just have a more responsive dodge, and enemies that respond to my attacks. That last part has more to do with damage/health than anything.

Edit:

To clarify: I do feel that a more responsive melee would be better than what we have, but the speed in which the game currently runs may not benefit from that change. Plus, latency is a huge deal. Those animations only look awesome when the line up perfectly, and that isn't easy when trying to communicate with multiple computers around the world.

Edited by Aizeol

honestly melee isn't good enough to the point it needs to be "balanced" it needs to be buffed. Complete damage blocking with no limit, remember its only blocking whats in front of you and nothing else and its not like your going to be killing waves of enemies by blocking lets be real melee was decent and channeling was doable but now its a joke and channeling is just the most efficient way to waste energy 

• 4 months later...