Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee combat, shooting and customization

MadRabidDog

Hello, folks, i am new to the forum.

After reading some of your awsome ideas, i decided to give voice to some of my thoughts, as well.

The game is just so awsome, even on my crap laptop, wich can only run it at 800x600 and lowest possible settings. It has some incredible potential, and the combat is really awsome. Here come the thoughts:

1. Melee combat.

More, please, because it is very good. I think it needs more combos. The animation style is awsome, the moves look like something a skilled samurai would pull off, they feel real. So, basically, more melee combos, like stabs, thrusts, the possibility to grab enemies in order to perform various moves or just finish them off in style and some ragdoll effects would also fit right in. Positioning is also very inportant. For example, if an enemy is behind, the character could use some sort of backwards stab or slash. Same if the enemy is on either the left or right side of the character.Maybe some kicks wouldn't be a bad idea.

I also think that the sword, or whatever melee weapon you use should be an equippable item, like the pistol and the big gun, this opening the way to even more badass combat, being able to block using right click and grab enemies using e, and either shoot them in the face or finishing them off with the sword or whatever.

Again, i cannot stress how awsome and fitting the ninja/samurai combat style is for this game and what great idea it was to introduce it.

The stamina bar, i think, is an annoying mechanic, wich takes a lot out of the fun of running around and also greatly diminishes the sense of empowerment a Warframe gives. I, myself, a fat guy who also smokes, can sprint for longer distances, for crying out loud, and whatever character you play as, wich is supposed to be a highly trained soldier wearing a very powerful exoscheleton, wich grants him/her full body mobility, enhanced abilities, and advanced powers gets winded after swinging a sword two or three times. That mechanic kinda defeats one of the main purposes for wearing a Warframe.

As a counter for improving melee combat, the damage output of enemy weapons fire could be increased, as well as improving the AI reaction times. A lot.

2.Shooting

Shooting enemies is loads of fun in this game, especially with the sliding move and the Matrix style mid-air shooting.

There's not much to add here, at least as far as I am concerned, except some stuff i saw on 2 other posts, like taking cover, you know, Mass Effect style ,and being able to do crazy, Prince of Persia-like stunts, like wall-runing combined with other wall-related acrobatics, and being able to vault over enemies and shoot, or cut them in mid-air.

Weapon damage should be increased from up-close. I dunno, kinda makes sense.

I almost forgot- the numberst that pop up during fights are seriously annoying. Removing those could make the game even more immersive.

3.Customization

I was thinking that it would be so cool if we could get some deeper customization options for the Warframes, and, of course, make those options unique for each Warframe.

You could have the option to change the design of various armor parts like the headpiece, arms,hands, torso,legs, feet, and add some accesories for extra badassness.Even if the effect is only aesthethic, this could prove to be very well received by players.

Maybe use the Foundry somehow, i dunno. I guess it could work.

This stuff i proposed probabily requires a whole lot of work, buit I believe it could turn an already excellent game into one of the best titles of its genre and its time, because, after all it's all about options.

What do you think?

By the way, I saw some very interesting ideas about how melee combat should be here:

https://forums.warfr...-one-button-do/

Edited by MadRabidDog

3.Customization

I was thinking that it would be so cool if we could get some deeper customization options for the Warframes, and, of course, make those options unique for each Warframe.

You could have the option to change the design of various armor parts like the headpiece, arms,hands, torso,legs, feet, and add some accesories for extra badassness.Even if the effect is only aesthethic, this could prove to be very well received by players.

Maybe use the Foundry somehow, i dunno. I guess it could work.

Sounds good. DE could even generate some money by having you buy either the blueprint or the actual item.