Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As A Trinity Main

YagoXiten

I'm super psyched about Trinity Prime being out, I've waited a long time for her, and I even got the Prime Access.

But she's still riddled with design issues, and so I do not find myself using her all that often.

Well of Life is clunky to use, because of the long disabling cast animation. It's completely redundant with Blessing. Even more so when there are magic healing pancakes, Rejuvination, and Life Strike. It requires that you focus a single specific target to heal, in a game filled with dozens of enemies. And that target is made exceptionally difficult to kill.

Energy Vampire is powerful, but rather redundant with energy pancakes. Even without said restores, it's rarely needed with Energy Orb drop rates being respectable and  high efficiency being pretty much core on every frame in the game. Increasing duration hurts the rate at which you gain Energy, which when this was first implemented, was obviously a nerf, but since then, killing the target restores the full amount, making it unclear as to why that quirk is still there.

Link's damage reflection is limited to three targets, and is virtually negligible at higher levels, since enemies have vastly more health than they deal damage. Link's damage reduction is useful to prevent going down during Blessing's cast, but is otherwise completely redundant with Blessing. The only unique thing Link brings is the CC immunity.

Blessing was nerfed to not provide total invulnerability, but essentially still does this, especially with the self-damage exploit. In general, it renders the majority of two of her other abilities completely redundant and flat out does too much for any one ability.

To make matters worse, her powers don't really scale with anything other than efficiency.

So with all this in mind, please rework her?

Most frames getting reworked but I honestly don't see anything wrong with Trinity. I want DE to focus the reworks on frames who really need em. Like Hydroid or Limbo. But someone had a cool idea for Well of Life that I really liked. Upon cast, u will unleash a healing zone on the ground (where your reticle is) & players who step n it will have health restored at a decent rate. I would like to see that n game but then again Blessing you will get dmg reduction so using her 1st ability is kinda not worth it tbh unless you also got some kind of bonus that's not dmg reduction.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Well of Life is clunky to use, because of the long disabling cast animation. It's completely redundant with Blessing. Even more so when there are magic healing pancakes, Rejuvination, and Life Strike. It requires that you focus a single specific target to heal, in a game filled with dozens of enemies. And that target is made exceptionally difficult to kill.

You mean "well of life is useless".

I still don't get why you would use this ability when your blessing can heal 100% shield / hp of everybody on the whole map.

To me, that's trinity's real problem.

This and the awful casting time of all her abilities.

You mean "well of life is useless".

I still don't get why you would use this ability when your blessing can heal 100% shield / hp of everybody on the whole map.

To me, that's trinity's real problem.

This and the awful casting time of all her abilities.

While we at it, can we get either Link or EV a new casting animation?

Most frames getting reworked but I honestly don't see anything wrong with Trinity. I want DE to focus the reworks on frames who really need em. Like Hydroid or Limbo. But someone had a cool idea for Well of Life that I really liked. Upon cast, u will unleash a healing zone on the ground (where your reticle is) & players who step n it will have health restored at a decent rate. I would like to see that n game but then again Blessing you will get dmg reduction so using her 1st ability is kinda not worth it tbh unless you also got some kind of bonus that's not dmg reduction.

In all honesty, Trinity is on Hydroid and Limbo tier as far as poor ability design. It's just that she's 'more' functional. Well of Life does nothing but a worthless stun, a cheap silly one-shot combo, and troll your allies with making some enemy exceptionally difficult to kill for no reason. Her other two abilities do nothing but power Blessing. I suppose Energy Vampire enables your allies to spam abilities--but most frames can already do that quite effectively and more than necessary.

I'm super psyched about Trinity Prime being out, I've waited a long time for her, and I even got the Prime Access.

But she's still riddled with design issues, and so I do not find myself using her all that often.

Energy Vampire is powerful, but rather redundant with energy pancakes. Even without said restores, it's rarely needed with Energy Orb drop rates being respectable and  high efficiency being pretty much core on every frame in the game. Increasing duration hurts the rate at which you gain Energy, which when this was first implemented, was obviously a nerf, but since then, killing the target restores the full amount, making it unclear as to why that quirk is still there.

Link's damage reflection is limited to three targets, and is virtually negligible at higher levels, since enemies have vastly more health than they deal damage. Link's damage reduction is useful to prevent going down during Blessing's cast, but is otherwise completely redundant with Blessing. The only unique thing Link brings is the CC immunity.

Blessing was nerfed to not provide total invulnerability, but essentially still does this, especially with the self-damage exploit. In general, it renders the majority of two of her other abilities completely redundant and flat out does too much for any one ability.

To make matters worse, her powers don't really scale with anything other than efficiency.

So, you are just like me in the idea that we both are huge trinity mains, and would like to see some changes to her. I do not agree with you about energy vampire, or link. However, her as a healer, trinity is a frame filled with a really weird sense of gameplay logic. EV and Link, as i said, makes actual sense to install on a healer frame that can deal abolsolutely no damage to enemies. EV to keep everyone, including her, pumped with energy to increase the team's survivability rate by an unfathomable level. Also, it would be redundant to NOT give a healer frame this kind of ability because healing is an ever lasting factor in Warframe, and without EV, she looses all reason to even be a healer. With Link, I first did find it odd how a healer frame has such an incredibly tanky ability, but it does make sense due to the fact that she trades in armor, speed, and CC. Link is apprently equivalent to about 900 points of armor, but obviously has it's even greater benefits of being resistant to all status and proc damage, and even knockdowns. 

Besides those two abilities, and the huge role that they have in Trinity, I do agree with you that her healing abilities are a bit...odd. With the current flow of gameplay that Warframe now has, compared to its former state, Trinity does in a sense, have very "outdated" ablility effects with her healing. Well of life has got to be the most redundant ability in the entire game, because of its stagnant role in a frame that is constantly busy trying to be the medic of the team. Which is, a very high demanding role in a team. A single target is risen to be airborne, becoming completely still, and you would have to try to get your focused teammates to come and shoot this targeted enemy. Not only that, but it has a healing limit; which makes it extremely useless for team healing. Why aim your crosshairs at an enemy and press one, when you can just press four to instantly heal everyone, everywhere, get a damage resistance, and even replenish shields? I think Well of life should be a passive healing ability, to heal allies in an AoE method. Blessing would still be useful, because it gives instant health and shields, whereas the new Well of life is passive and therefore not instant. 

As a fellow Trinity main I have to say that I truly believe that she should not be re-worked. I have adapted to her base stats and current powers and use them to the fullest extent while utilizing the 'hidden' synergies between 'em.

I might be the only person who actually uses Well-of-Life as a 'safety-net' when I use my link-reflect build. The synergy between Well-of-Life and Link is there for us to use...but I rarely see anyone actually utilize it to the extent that I do. It is true that having to select a single target out and wait for the cast time to finish is a bit clunky and in repetition it becomes quite worry-some but I don't mind it since the results are worth it in my opinion.

Energy Vampire. I have learned to use and abuse this power to the fullest extent. I adore having increased duration since it allows me to get even more energy than the power would give otherwise when I run with negative power strength by killing the enemy at the correct moment when the first energy pulse ticks.

Link is my sword and shield. The CC immunity while being linked is useful while the damage reflection and 75% damage reduction(no matter what your power strength is at) is a godsend. Simply put, while I have Link on I can clear rooms even better than Ember with World on Fire at the cost of some ammo and 'proper' setup, timing, and restraint.

Blessing. It is my personal choice to not willingly provoke the 99% damage reduction from Blessing. I rarely use blessing for the sole fact that I, myself, do not need it. If my teammates need such healing then I do so grant them it, otherwise I just avoid the skill entirely unless I am in a dire situation. Most of the time I have on -10%~-40% power strength so the team usually just don't get enough healing unless I spam it(thus, lowering the damage reduction they get).

Overall, my only gripe with my Trinity is that only Blessing can be used while in the air and it actually benefits the player to do such. I'd love to use Well-of-Life, Energy Vampire, and Link in the air but I can deal with it since it is just a minor complaint, if anything at all.

Blessing. It is my personal choice to not willingly provoke the 99% damage reduction from Blessing. I rarely use blessing for the sole fact that I, myself, do not need it.

I don't have to use hacks to do well, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make hacking result in a ban.

I don't have to use hacks to do well, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make hacking result in a ban.

Curious as to out of all of what I said you simply chose those sentences.

Anyway, Where do we define what hacking is? The 99% Damage reduction that Blessing gives is what DE allowed us to have. They could have capped the damage reduction at any percentage they wanted but they did not.

At any given time they can change their minds and cap it or even go so far as to remove components of it if they so choose to. We can argue and complain all we want but it is their sole decision. They can just as easily listen to us as they can ignore us. We have no say whatsoever.

Now, I truly am curious so if you would be so kind as to how you drew out this conclusion from what few lines that you quoted. I am sincerely curious and confused.

Edited by Laisha

As a fellow Trinity main I have to say that I truly believe that she should not be re-worked. I have adapted to her base stats and current powers and use them to the fullest extent while utilizing the 'hidden' synergies between 'em.

I might be the only person who actually uses Well-of-Life as a 'safety-net' when I use my link-reflect build. The synergy between Well-of-Life and Link is there for us to use...but I rarely see anyone actually utilize it to the extent that I do. It is true that having to select a single target out and wait for the cast time to finish is a bit clunky and in repetition it becomes quite worry-some but I don't mind it since the results are worth it in my opinion.

Hmm, so explain this synergy idea that you have between the two, it sounds interesting. I respect your opinion on all of this, but don't you suppose WOL should be buffed to perform as an actual healing ability instead of it's usage of CC?. What are your thoughts on the whole Blessing exploit? Or if you would even call it that.

Edited by llam_Papi

Hmm, so explain this synergy idea that you have between the two, it sounds interesting. I respect your opinion on all of this, but don't you suppose WOL should be buffed to perform as an actual healing ability instead of it's usage of CC?. What are your thoughts on the whole Blessing exploit? Or if you would even call it that.

Well, the way I play is by using WoL to sustain myself as I deal damage to enemies with my link. I cast link, follow a thread to any enemy and cast WoL on them. I then deal damage to myself thus having the other threads quickly switch to the nearest targets until all things are either dead or I need to find a new WoL target.

The other synergy with WoL is the more widely known and accepted low duration WoL and EV single target killing machine. Cast WoL, wait a bit, Cast EV and then the enemy turns back to normal while EV deals lethal damage. Coupled with the augment Vampire Leech people gain a way to 'shield-tank'. I personally do not use this for I prefer having high duration.

I don't call the 99% Damage Reduction an exploit since it has become so mainstream and DE can remove it at any given time. I personally don't use it because I just don't trust myself to not murder myself before I pop it off and to not go overboard as I try to run the timer.

Now, the question about the validity of WoL being a healing ability. The way I play and use it makes it a heal from the future so to speak. It is my safety-net that catches me and prevents any lethal damage that I may do to myself while providing the same lethal damage to the enemies connected by my link. I do not treat it as less of a heal than blessing and, in fact, I hold it higher than I would blessing.

To me, Blessing just tells me I miscalculated and goes right ahead and fixes my immediate problem while giving me a little boost to help me out for next time. It is a crutch that I feel I do not need unless I do happen to sustain that amount of damage and I am in a situation where it is my last resort. I personally do not like it but these are all my opinions.

You're probably the worst Trinity main I've ever met.

Well of life isn't useful when healing, its useful when you want an EV target that doesn't die immediately.

EV is one of the best abilities in game. Matter of fact, it's the only ability that scales well as it takes damage percentage directly from health instead of a flat number. It's quicker and easier to use than the pancakes you mention and can headshot enemies. I one-shot level 60 heavy gunner with it.

Link makes Trinity the best tank in the game. It's not meant to be a damage dealing ability. It's meant as a damage reduction ability to keep you alive while you cast other abilities or take those enemies out with EV.

Blessing is another contender of the best ability in game. Heals everything instantly, and provides invulnerability. Isn't affected by range. The "exploit" you mentioned isn't an exploit either. It's working as intended. Slap Quick Thinking on and you can reduce 90 something percent of damage. It's the way that mod works with that specific ability. Ever heard of synergy?

Honestly, I wouldn't want you as a Trinity on my team if this is your opinion of her. I bet you just use her weapons when you play her instead of supporting your team or using your abilities well.

Edited by (PS4)teh1tank

can headshot enemies. I one-shot level 60 heavy gunner with it.

EV headshots?

It can one-shot any enemy of any level.  %HP finisher damage is just that.  

Link makes Trinity the best tank in the game. It's not meant to be a damage dealing ability. It's meant as a damage reduction ability to keep you alive while you cast other abilities or take those enemies out with EV.

Well, you can use Link to clear rooms quite effectively, so it's not like it can't be a damage power.  

Why would we need another heal ability when there is Blessing !?!?!?!!?!?!?

Idk last post I made about Trin first ability. 75% of replies didn't want it to change because of her EV combo. I would suggest a ability you cast on allies to give them more armor & increased health.

I want to see the one who uses WoL + EV combo while not being killed by the slightest enemy sneez, because you have either positive duration so you have time to benefit from Link, Blessing or negative duration to use EV+WoL.

Even if you don't die ..... you kill ONE, 1, only a single target, every 1 sec or so ..... how is that viable when enemies swarm like the zerg?

Edited by alergiclaprosti