Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As A Trinity Main

YagoXiten

This is the single most ignorant post i have ever seen. Trinity is one of, if not the single best frame  in     the entire game. Your ignorance doesn't make her redundant, it just means you don't understand how to use her. 

Look, I assure you, I'm quite well educated in every nuance Trinity has. It's just that powerful abilities =/= good design. And, on the note of logical fallacies, personal attacks do not forward your argument.

You're probably the worst Trinity main I've ever met.

Well of life isn't useful when healing, its useful when you want an EV target that doesn't die immediately.

EV is one of the best abilities in game. Matter of fact, it's the only ability that scales well as it takes damage percentage directly from health instead of a flat number. It's quicker and easier to use than the pancakes you mention and can headshot enemies. I one-shot level 60 heavy gunner with it.

Link makes Trinity the best tank in the game. It's not meant to be a damage dealing ability. It's meant as a damage reduction ability to keep you alive while you cast other abilities or take those enemies out with EV.

Blessing is another contender of the best ability in game. Heals everything instantly, and provides invulnerability. Isn't affected by range. The "exploit" you mentioned isn't an exploit either. It's working as intended. Slap Quick Thinking on and you can reduce 90 something percent of damage. It's the way that mod works with that specific ability. Ever heard of synergy?

Honestly, I wouldn't want you as a Trinity on my team if this is your opinion of her. I bet you just use her weapons when you play her instead of supporting your team or using your abilities well.

As above, personal attacks do nothing to forward your argument. I can understand disagreeing with someone's opinion, but that has nothing to do with their skill as a player.

You're very correct--Well of Life isn't useful when healing. And that's a problem considering the ability has been advertised to primarily function as a heal since I've been playing nearly three years. Sure, I could use it to keep an Energy Vampire target alive, which can, say, restore energy and health whilst I am in Quick Thinking to keep me alive...but I could also just avoid being in that situation in the first place by using Blessing properly. Sure, I could use it to one-shot with Energy Vampire. But why waste the time in cast animation when it's faster to just fire my Tigris? Sure, I could use it to create an absurdly difficult to kill Link target and use the healing to prevent self-damage from killing me and clear the room with Link...But I could also just clear the room by aiming at my enemies instead of my feet.

Energy Vampire is an amazingly strong ability, but strong does not mean it is well designed. Within Trinity's own abilities, it only really serves to power Blessing. Well of Life's almost entirely pointless to cast, like I just said, and Energy Vampire itself can already be used infinitely with very little energy cost. Link does provide somewhat of an outlet for what you gain from using Energy Vampire, but it isn't something you spam because it either lasts a comfortable amount of time, or you are timing it merely to pull off a proper Blessing. Either way, EV powers Link and Blessing, Link powers Blessing, and WoL is pointless. So tell me why I want an ability that basically just enables another? Doesn't that seem like wasted potential for an ability?  I suppose EV has some merits, such as it letting your allies spam their abilities, but, again, most allies could do that just fine with or without a Trinity. Why would I or any other Trinity player care that Energy Vampire can deal heavy damage to a unit, or even one shot them in tandem with Well of Life, when my weapons, which I could use on any frame, can do the same thing?

Link's CC immunity is the only unique thing about the ability, since the damage reflection is not useful for effectively killing enemies, outside of the self-damage cheese, which itself is rather silly since you could achieve the same results with an explosive weapon by aiming at something other than the floor, and the damage resistance only protects you for that brief fraction of a second that is Blessing's cast time. I suppose 75% damage reduction for myself is pretty impressive on paper, but why would I care to apply 75% damage reduction when I can hit a different button to apply 99% to my entire squad?

Blessing carries virtually all of the strength of Trinity's powers.

From all this I'm not saying that Trinity doesn't have nuances or multiple ways to use her abilities. I'm not saying that Trinity is weak, either.

It's not an issue of me not understanding how to play her. I've used all of her builds. It's just that she basically has one ability--Blessing--and a few quirky things she can do, which while unique to her, are not so unique or so strong or so fun that they are worth caring about.

Edited by YagoXiten

You're very correct--Well of Life isn't useful when healing. And that's a problem considering the ability has been advertised to primarily function as a heal since I've been playing nearly three years. Sure, I could use it to keep an Energy Vampire target alive, which can, say, restore energy and health whilst I am in Quick Thinking to keep me alive...but I could also just avoid being in that situation in the first place by using Blessing properly. Sure, I could use it to one-shot with Energy Vampire. But why waste the time in cast animation when it's faster to just fire my Tigris? Sure, I could use it to create an absurdly difficult to kill Link target and use the healing to prevent self-damage from killing me and clear the room with Link...But I could also just clear the room by aiming at my enemies instead of my feet.

Advertised as a blah blah blah, Volt is advertised as a high damage frame but he's useless when it comes to damage. How long have you been playing Warframe for you to use Dev's "advertisement" as an excuse for how something should work.

If you've used builds as you claim you you should know that EV builds and Blessing builds are different. Also, your Tigris, like any weapon in the game would become useless after round/minute 60 in T4, while EV continues to kill regardless of level. Problems with cast animation? (Even though it's a pretty quick animation, I think that's a bullS#&$ excuse) use Natural Talent, it's what the mod is there for.

And you nitpicking abilities is just that, nitpicking. Your logic could be used on every frame in the game. I could use X's ability, but I could just use my weapon instead. If that's the logic you go by then why not just ask DE to remove all the Warframes and give everybody the exact same powerless frame and turn it into a shooter game?

Energy Vampire is an amazingly strong ability, but strong does not mean it is well designed. Within Trinity's own abilities, it only really serves to power Blessing. Well of Life's almost entirely pointless to cast, like I just said, and Energy Vampire itself can already be used infinitely with very little energy cost. Link does provide somewhat of an outlet for what you gain from using Energy Vampire, but it isn't something you spam because it either lasts a comfortable amount of time, or you are timing it merely to pull off a proper Blessing. Either way, EV powers Link and Blessing, Link powers Blessing, and WoL is pointless. So tell me why I want an ability that basically just enables another? Doesn't that seem like wasted potential for an ability?  I suppose EV has some merits, such as it letting your allies spam their abilities, but, again, most allies could do that just fine with or without a Trinity. Why would I or any other Trinity player care that Energy Vampire can deal heavy damage to a unit, or even one shot them in tandem with Well of Life, when my weapons, which I could use on any frame, can do the same thing?

Link's CC immunity is the only unique thing about the ability, since the damage reflection is not useful for effectively killing enemies, outside of the self-damage cheese, which itself is rather silly since you could achieve the same results with an explosive weapon by aiming at something other than the floor, and the damage resistance only protects you for that brief fraction of a second that is Blessing's cast time. I suppose 75% damage reduction for myself is pretty impressive on paper, but why would I care to apply 75% damage reduction when I can hit a different button to apply 99% to my entire squad?

Despite what you think, EV is a very well designed ability. It's the only ability that actually damages using a percentage of enemy health instead of a flat number. It also gives you and your whole team energy and it locks the target for the duration of the ability. You want EV because it's the only ability in the game that provides you and your team with energy comfortably. I use my Trinity to one-shot the difficult enemies which my weapons aren't modded against.

Honestly, it just seems that you're either being nitpicky with a perfectly perfect frame, or you're just bored with her. If you don't want to be Trinity go play another frame. There are more than 30 of them in the game. She's the best healer, energy provider and tank in the game. I simply can't comprehend your reasons for wanting her to change. Sure, I heard your reasons, but I just don't get that kind of logic. Do you want to give her a nuke 4 ability just so it can be nerfed later like all other nukes? Simply because you think Link and EV don't do enough damage? (Even though they do, despite your opinions on them number don't lie)

Or are you misunderstanding the concept of a support frame? Because every excuse you give is, "why should I use this ability if I have my gun?" If you're tired with being support I say again, go play another frame.

Edited by (PS4)teh1tank

Advertised as a blah blah blah, Volt is advertised as a high damage frame but he's useless when it comes to damage. How long have you been playing Warframe for you to use Dev's "advertisement" as an excuse for how something should work.

If you've used builds as you claim you you should know that EV builds and Blessing builds are different. Also, your Tigris, like any weapon in the game would become useless after round/minute 60 in T4, while EV continues to kill regardless of level. Problems with cast animation? (Even though it's a pretty quick animation, I think that's a bullS#&$ excuse) use Natural Talent, it's what the mod is there for.

And you nitpicking abilities is just that, nitpicking. Your logic could be used on every frame in the game. I could use X's ability, but I could just use my weapon instead. If that's the logic you go by then why not just ask DE to remove all the Warframes and give everybody the exact same powerless frame and turn it into a shooter game?

It's not the developer's advertisement that I'm talking about. I mean the way that the mechanics of the ability imply its function. EV builds pretty much sacrifice Link and Blessing to help out your team. And whilst it has its niche of effectiveness in say, a raid, or camp compositions, it helps in a way that could be done without Trinity even in the party. Not quite as well, agreed. But it isn't unique or strong enough outside of that,and when it is used that way it's mostly cheesing content.

That last tidbit is the strawman fallacy, and either you've missed the point or are purposefully distorting it.

Despite what you think, EV is a very well designed ability. It's the only ability that actually damages using a percentage of enemy health instead of a flat number. It also gives you and your whole team energy and it locks the target for the duration of the ability. You want EV because it's the only ability in the game that provides you and your team with energy comfortably. I use my Trinity to one-shot the difficult enemies which my weapons aren't modded against.

Honestly, it just seems that you're either being nitpicky with a perfectly perfect frame, or you're just bored with her. If you don't want to be Trinity go play another frame. There are more than 30 of them in the game. She's the best healer, energy provider and tank in the game. I simply can't comprehend your reasons for wanting her to change. Sure, I heard your reasons, but I just don't get that kind of logic. Do you want to give her a nuke 4 ability just so it can be nerfed later like all other nukes? Simply because you think Link and EV don't do enough damage? (Even though they do, despite your opinions on them number don't lie)

Or are you misunderstanding the concept of a support frame? Because every excuse you give is, "why should I use this ability if I have my gun?" If you're tired with being support I say again, go play another frame.

Once again, a strong ability does not mean a well designed ability. Trinity's Blessing build only uses her other powers to set up Blessing. And Trinity's EV build sacrifices two of her abilities to use that one-shot combo and cheese her allies' abilities. (And WoL is only really used to set up EV. So similarly, three abilities pay for one.)

I know Trinity is the best of those things in the game. But that is all she does. She never dies, and/or she's making her allies capable of laughing at content difficulty through P4TW. And that's just not interesting or good design. And for the record, Link, Shadows of the Dead, etc. scale rather poorly, and there's a chart on the wiki that proves this.

It isn't that I don't understand the concept of the support frame. It's that I don't understand why Trinity should have 3 abilities that only serve to power other abilities, whether that be Blessing or EV's infinite casting / ally CC or nuke spam, when she could have four useful abilities. I know that she is a support, but imagine if Sonar was the only ability Banshee could cast, and it worked for everyone on the team except the Banshee who used it? Because that's currently the way Trinity feels.

Edited by YagoXiten

It's questionable what specific kind of rework do you want for Trinity. Damaging abilities? Ultility abilities? Because Trinity, while not exceptionally enjoyable to play as she doesn't have any really intressing mechanisms, but she is exceptionally good at certain things she is supposed to do: either act as a tank who simply keeps herself alive, or as a support to keep everyone alive. While her Well of life is indeed quite pointless except to perform the one-shot combo, her other abilities are all doing well. EV saves up energy for Quick Thinking and other abilities in midst combat, Link keeps herself alive and safe from disables so she could perform her duty without interruptions, and Blessing is just blessing. While it could be great is link could affect more enemies considering its augment which reduces enemy armor(scales with power strength), EV not CCing heavy grineers while they unleash their shockwaves and WoL is somewhat pointless, Trinity as a whole is doing fine.

Yes, Trinity is quite a no-brainer, but what about the other frames? Frost just needs to cast Globes in defence and ult for CC. Excalibur just needs to ult and flash and it's fine. Chroma just needs to use 2 and 3 to tank everything while meleeing enemies, maybe using his ult in defence. Volt is just needed for his speed and shield. Of course, there're higher-difficulty frames like Limbo and Equinox, but if you think about it, most of the frames are not much better than Trinity. If you do have any suggestions that would make Trinity more intressing but not overpowered, I would be glad to hear it. However if you are troubled because you couldn't do damage or grow weary of pressing 4 to save yourself or your teammates' lives, I highly suggest you to play another frame. They're there for a reason. If you insist to play as a healer, try Equinox night or Oberon. While their heal isn't better than Trinity's, they do get the job done.