Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current State Of Ps4 Community.

(PSN)Filthy113

As the atomic bomb approaches and U17.7 nuke is the headlights. Can the PS4 community really with stand these onslaughts?

Examples I have a friends list 250 out of that 10 play daily numbers don't lie. Clan's I know are getting worse. Daily players die off due to bigger,better and games. And it's getting rougher as we speak. U17.7 It's not going to help our community in any way at all the bomb that brings pretty much killing the good frames what does that leave us with or at?

Said it once said it a thousand times our peach time was launch and for about 8months after then the grind got to real for people. I gotta add I watched that Panel Stream and laughed my ! off at that stat 6.5mil "Registered" warframe accounts not daily players numbers lie! I know for fact we've lost a good number of people due to nerfs. Clan down sizing is going to be awesome addition but the time we'll gotta wait for it the buzz will wear off.

It's dying and no one want's to do anything about it, the game has no clear focus system and everything is just spoiled by PC anyways what's the point? MR20 and above really have no reason to log in daily so the disregard of vet's that play is terrible no give and take. I only look at warframe as just Mastery points nothing no more nothing less.

So question is what's gonna save our community? Dark Sectors?, More Grinding?, More Empty Promises? WHAT?

#SAVEPS4!!

Edited by theclinton
Removed dev bash

Well , i think different , master rank s irrelevant for me , im in 20 too , all in max, but every day i have lot things to explore , i try alternatives builds, play with different warframes and learn your secrets , training differents squads for all kind of mission, help new guys in the game or alerts ... I like news but im not so hungy for this , i make fun everyday in warframe XD

Well , i think different , master rank s irrelevant for me , im in 20 too , all in max, but every day i have lot things to explore , i try alternatives builds, play with different warframes and learn your secrets , training differents squads for all kind of mission, help new guys in the game or alerts ... I like news but im not so hungy for this , i make fun everyday in warframe XD

I do my best I run with a small group of people mostly just run void, I avoid new people with the plague only because most I've run into currently are very rude. Secrets nah explored enough maps I've found or know where to find loot rooms. Found all cat statues already. maybe it's more just burn out just for my self. I've get bored doing a forma for a weapon I get to level 17 and just give up.

you should apply to be a GOTL there are many new players that need help getting into the game; as we all know the beginning is the worst part. I'm sure you can put that vast knowledge I'm sure you have to great use. Who knows, you may even see the game differently through a new players eyes. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19w9c_Hk0x3_8XACmSrlUZT-YbHVZoQDOD9KW7quLtEc/viewform

you should apply to be a GOTL there are many new players that need help getting into the game; as we all know the beginning is the worst part. I'm sure you can put that vast knowledge I'm sure you have to great use. Who knows, you may even see the game differently through a new players eyes. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19w9c_Hk0x3_8XACmSrlUZT-YbHVZoQDOD9KW7quLtEc/viewform

Thanks but no thanks there's actually a good reason why I'd never do this I can't express out-loud why due it's sensitive nature. But I promise it's a good reason and besides the time you gotta be on for a GOTL isn't worth it. and side personal note me and lotus don't see eye to eye.

The problem with warframe on ps4 is the delay with updates.

De has built a game that is based around constant updates, and have refused to adjust on the ps4 (or xbone, for that matter) for the long delays.

This situation is worsened by the fact that warframe is a free to play game, which is an irritating and unfamiliar business model to console players. Most people don't want to play a game that constantly wants them to spend money, and constantly delivers stale content that they have seen coming for months.

At this point, I'm not sure what DE can do to get their console base back. But if they want to get it back, they should move fast, before the AAA heavy hitters start to release regularly.

Warframe has been my "come back to" game.  I didn't play for almost a year after Destiny released.  I've finally come to the realization that Destiny really doesn't have a lot more to offer me, so back to Warframe I went.  I'm sure Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront will pull me away again upon their release.  That said, I'm also sure I'll keep coming back from time to time, between games.  I've missed out on some pretty cool mods and such, but ultimately, I don't regret the hiatus.  All the changes that were made since my absence have breathed new life into the game for me ... Particularly the Excalibur changes.

I played religiously prior to Destiny's release, and I too became frustrated with being the second-class citizen to the PC players.  But I can't say DE didn't try to at least try to bandage the hurt feelings of the console folks.  There were some PS-exclusive things.  But I was so frustrated at that point, it was too little too late.  Could more frequent updates prevent console players from leaving?  Well, it would more than likely slow it down quite a bit.  Can more frequent updates be done?  I don't have that answer, but you'd think DE would have done it by now.

The problem with warframe on ps4 is the delay with updates.

De has built a game that is based around constant updates, and have refused to adjust on the ps4 (or xbone, for that matter) for the long delays.

This situation is worsened by the fact that warframe is a free to play game, which is an irritating and unfamiliar business model to console players. Most people don't want to play a game that constantly wants them to spend money, and constantly delivers stale content that they have seen coming for months.

I'll agree with you on the second point.  I have a good number of friends who refuse to try Warframe, because it's a 'Freemium' game.  Mind you, these are the same folks who are now excited that they can, apparently, use real money to purchase a dance emote in Destiny...  As well as the same people who are sitting on Clash of Clans, at any given moment of the day.  And yet, Warframe doesn't get a pass, because it's a free game, that isn't a phone app?  I don't get it either...

However, I can't agree that your first point is a terribly valid one.  It's not that DE doesn't want to get console updates up as soon as they can.  It's just that, between the cert process, having to wait for Sony/Microsoft to approve the new build, but also having to take the pre-existing build from PC, and make it work for a different programming language on the consoles, which also takes time.  Also, they have been spitting out the recent updates significantly faster than they have in the past.  And, waiting for the updates means that we get the versions that are the most bug-free.

Personally, I'm fine, waiting a few weeks, to get a bunch of new stuff, all at once, rather than one new thing every week.  And I'm saying this as someone who has/had all but 3 things (actually, like 10 things, if including Founders' stuff, and event weapons that haven't been brought back yet).  It's more fun for me to level and build up multiple things at once, rather than spend one week, focusing completely on one new weapon.  But, that might just be me, I guess.

As for the state of the community, as a whole?  Wouldn't know.  Don't care much.  Been playing this game solo, since I started over on PS4, apart from when playing with the few friends who decided to actually give the game a chance.  I'll admit, I've had my bouts with burnout.  Been dealing with one for the past couple weeks, wherein I play for about an hour, per day, do the syndicate missions that I can complete in 3 minutes or less (to buy key packs, in hopes of getting the one I need to finish the Kamas...), farm an egg from E Prime runs, and maybe get some credits/argon, if I don't have enough to make another incubator core. (Because the game absolutely refuses to let me have a Chesa...)  Sometimes, it's 2 hours, instead of one hour, but regardless, I know that I definitely don't play as much as I used to.

And it's not the frequency of the updates.  As stated, I prefer to get more new stuff at one time, than trickled in as it's developed.  It's the lack of anything actually new to do.  Sure, when new stuff gets released, I'll play a little more to get it, and level it, but that usually takes a couple days, at most.  But the game, as a whole, hasn't had anything new lately, aside from one cool quest, every couple months, that you can do once.  If the problem is people getting bored and leaving, it isn't because of the delay on console updates.  (Honestly, I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of the console crowd doesn't even pay attention to the PC build, just based on the experiences I've had with the console community.)

No, people are getting bored with the game because there's a lack of fresh content.  It's all the same missions/mission types that have been there forever.  Same goes for a lot of things, like mechanics, enemies, farming, grinding, etc.  The changes that have been made are few, and, in all honesty, haven't really changed a lot of how the game has operated, for a very long time.  Thankfully, they are changing things, though.  Massive changes are coming, which is awesome.  Or, will be, when they get here...  Until then, though, I think the entire community of the game, not just the PS4 community, will continue to wane, and suffer from burn-out.

It is, unfortunately, the curse of any game older than a year, in this modern day of gaming.  Unless you make enough changes to basically consider it a whole new game, people will come back for a week to play the new stuff, then go back to whatever new game they were playing before.  But, hey, at least they come back, right?  That's not something that can be said for a lot of games...

Where are the bigger and better games?

Destiny certainly isn't one of them.

Well, aside from your insecure snipe at Destiny (which is totally sick, thanks to the update. I can rub it in further by pointing out that Destiny's big failing was the story, which was fixed, while Warframe's campaign was lacking comparatively before that), there's Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid 5. Dark Souls 3 and Black Ops 3 are coming out, and so is Halo 5 on Xbox.

And that's just a few of the mainstream ones. 2015 has been a good year for gaming.

These past few updates, we've seen record highs for PS4 players. With any game, players come and players go. As for update frequency, if there's a F2P PS4 game that updates as often with as much or more content as Warframe, I'd love to hear what they're doing. I suspect the Solar Map rework will give a clearer view of what the PS4 community really looks like in game. In the meantime, we have two new quests, a new Warframe, a load of new weapons, plus a bunch of other changes and additions coming very soon. 

These past few updates, we've seen record highs for PS4 players. With any game, players come and players go. As for update frequency, if there's a F2P PS4 game that updates as often with as much or more content as Warframe, I'd love to hear what they're doing. I suspect the Solar Map rework will give a clearer view of what the PS4 community really looks like in game. In the meantime, we have two new quests, a new Warframe, a load of new weapons, plus a bunch of other changes and additions coming very soon. 

I totally agree , how game introduce more updates ? I really respect 2 games in ps4 , warframe and war thunder , totally free , active comunity, amazing support , i have a serious problem fell time ago , and warframe support was perfect, i play warframe in ps4 for 2 years yet and totally satisfy , in fact warframe s my favorite game in my video game and i ll play for looooong time yet 

The console update lag behind pc is a big problem. New content is always more exciting when it is fresh and relatively unknown. I imagine most core warframe console players will have been watching and reading about the new content, or even playing it on pc, for weeks before it arrives on console; then when it eventually arrives the level of excitement just isn't as great. We already know if something is worth investing time in, or is just mastery fodder and it just reinforces the mastery fodder mentality.

I don't see why the updates cant be delivered concurrently. All builds should just be held until they can be released together, like the primes. 

I'm not sure why people think that PS4 community could be "dying." I've noticed it growing, if anything. I'm finding it easier to find more people to play with, and as a MR20 player who's currently got everything in the game mastered, there's still lots of things for me to do.

Syndicates are probably the best time sink right now, and Conclave is always rapidly expanding with each update. Using Forma and testing out new builds is another great time sink. But by far, I think the best part of the game when you've burned through all the content is helping new players out. Helping them grind for "Part X Y or Z," clear missions, clear quests and helping them come up with viable builds is fun. 

The delay in between updates doesn't bother me all that much. Mainly because it means we get builds with fewer game breaking bugs. The PC updates going out first are basically like QA for the console builds. There's also been times when PC gets and update, the player base revolts at a change, and then things get fixed shortly thereafter. When that happens, we don't even see the bad content. If DE held back the PC build for the sake of console players, everyone would get content more slowly, and fixes to that content would be much slower.

It's also important to remember that DE is in 100% control of their PC builds, but not the console builds. They have to pass them through certification, which give them a set of additional guidelines that they have to make sure that the build meets. The limitations that consoles bring with them is also why the PS4 build doesn't have more trophies.

We also get to prepare for the updates (crafting weapons needed for new weapons, farming resources for new stuff, knowing what Baro is bringing). 

I personally think the game is hitting a great stride right now. 

Edited by (PS4)blackbeltdude7

The console update lag behind pc is a big problem. New content is always more exciting when it is fresh and relatively unknown. I imagine most core warframe console players will have been watching and reading about the new content, or even playing it on pc, for weeks before it arrives on console; then when it eventually arrives the level of excitement just isn't as great. We already know if something is worth investing time in, or is just mastery fodder and it just reinforces the mastery fodder mentality.

I don't see why the updates cant be delivered concurrently. All builds should just be held until they can be released together, like the primes. 

You're asking DE to perform all bug testing internally, instead of using the process that's gotten waframe to where it is today, i.e., having PC act as the bug testers. 

That would require paying more money for someone to do that testing, meaning less money to pay someone else to create content (or go into profits ;) ).

With the PC community currently willing to act as bug testers, from a financial standpoint, your suggestion doesn't make sense. 

So yeah, it's annoying that they get free content before us, but remember.. this game doesn't have any "required" purchases. 

You're asking DE to perform all bug testing internally, instead of using the process that's gotten waframe to where it is today, i.e., having PC act as the bug testers. 

That would require paying more money for someone to do that testing, meaning less money to pay someone else to create content (or go into profits ;) ).

With the PC community currently willing to act as bug testers, from a financial standpoint, your suggestion doesn't make sense. 

So yeah, it's annoying that they get free content before us, but remember.. this game doesn't have any "required" purchases. 

Afraid that while the console community likes to think that, it is not why it goes out to pc first, but keep believing it because it clearly makes you feel better about the situation.

Next time you feel like this, play something else. These people work hard and alot of people appreciate their effort, as it is not easy to be an ever changing and growing game across 3 platforms. Something I cant say has ever been done before. So for anyone who is burned out, you did that,play something else. You dont have to have to the new thing forma'd 5 times within the first week. Plenty of people are playing and there is plenty to do. Too often on all platforms I see players who burnout then make these posts. It takes months to develop and flesh out these things you CHOSE to rush through. I for one enjoy plahing casually enough to where I can check my foindry and have every part I need just from playing with friends and helping randoms. I understand burnout, I burned myself out with the eyes of blight event. Its silly to take time out to complain about what a free game owes you or should do.

I have 1500+ hours with destiny and I got to tell u after playing the new destiny content ttk it's not fixed , I still find invisible players on patrol killing other players , there's still game breaking bugs that have been there from the start , developers of destiny don't listen to community,weapon structure and let's not forget RNG is STILL a big problem .and don't start by saying destiny a chopped up story is fixed . Sorry bro but check my profile , make sure u actually play and do your research on destiny before u make comments on comparison between destiny and Warframe because ATM Warframe is so far ahead of destiny and looks like it's going to continue to be ahead long into the future .peace out

Well, aside from your insecure snipe at Destiny (which is totally sick, thanks to the update. I can rub it in further by pointing out that Destiny's big failing was the story, which was fixed, while Warframe's campaign was lacking comparatively before that), there's Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid 5. Dark Souls 3 and Black Ops 3 are coming out, and so is Halo 5 on Xbox.

And that's just a few of the mainstream ones. 2015 has been a good year for gaming.

and while you will be waitng for the next version ,when those Campaign games are done, warframe will be 4-8 updates later

• 2 weeks later...

Well, from the point of view of someone who's just started playing on PS4 (although I'm a founder on PC), I'd have to say the game looks dead on this platform.  I got Venus and Mars unlocked without seeing a single other player, the few missions I have unlocked are almost all at 0 open squads, and the most I've ever seen was 3, and that was the halloween mission (the only time I've seen a full squad, except once on Lua).  Queue for anything and you can be waiting forever (except for the griefers who drop the instant the timer starts ticking).  Enter solo and you'll complete it solo (my network check passes on PS4, just as it does on all the PCs here).  For what is supposed to be a coop game the new player experience is anything but, and surely that has to be hurting the platform.

Edited by (PS4)polarity13jp

Well, from the point of view of someone who's just started playing on PS4 (although I'm a founder on PC), I'd have to say the game looks dead on this platform.  I got Venus and Mars unlocked without seeing a single other player, the few missions I have unlocked are almost all at 0 open squads, and the most I've ever seen was 3, and that was the halloween mission (the only time I've seen a full squad, except once on Lua).  Queue for anything and you can be waiting forever (except for the griefers who drop the instant the timer starts ticking).  Enter solo and you'll complete it solo (my network check passes on PS4, just as it does on all the PCs here).  For what is supposed to be a coop game the new player experience is anything but, and surely that has to be hurting the platform.

It's because the regions are mostly dead so pretty much everyone switches to east US. Which in turn hurts the new players. The best way would be to simply remove region lock from matchmaking and make it connection based. Also a quick match system would greatly help the game. Right now the only way for new players to progress is to join a clan or beg for help in the chat, not a great introduction to a game.

Only being able to queue for one mission at a time is a huge problem.  At least in WoW when you're picking dungeons you can pick either everything in your level range, or select from them individually, so you can avoid the ones you don't like.

Something I think would help a lot is encouraging higher levelled players to spend more time on low level planets.  I don't mean in a way where they show up with max level potato'd and forma'd gear, and just sprint from one end of the map to the other pressing 4, leaving the newbies with nothing to do but follow, but maybe give them an incentive to level their unranked gear there, instead of just endlessly farming a high level mission, because that's the most efficient way to do it.

Say if you had some max rank gear, and some low level gear, and you were in a mission that matched your low level gear closely, and you favored using that gear (instead of just having it equipped and using warframe powers), your affinity wouldn't be split between everything equipped, instead it would only go to the items matching the mission level.  Add in some kind of bonus to ensure it's always going to be a better way to level than farming one high level mission, and limit the whole thing to people who have at least one maxed item of the type they want to level.