The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Endgame Builds

D.I.M.M.

Question

I've had the braton prime for a while now and so recently I decided to be that person who chooses the Braton Prime over the Soma Prime(Crazy right) but only because too many people use the Soma p and I'm getting tired of using and seeing it. I have 2 forma and a catalyst on it. Could you guys share some builds that help you get at 20-40 minutes in T4 Defense/Survival.

I have 2 forma and catalyst on Braton Prime to clarify. Sorry.

You're still seeing soma prime as endgame?

I must be seeing things wrong because I haven't seen a soma prime almost at all for end game.

It's almost always tonkor, bows like rakta cernos and dread, followed by shotguns like Sancti Tigris.

Umm i donyt understand what you people are talking about.. fanged fussilade? On a braton? For endgame? A 90% elemental will do 50% more damage.

I use.

Serration

Heavy caliber

Split chamber

Shred ( little extra fire rate and punch through helps u moe down large groups of enemies much faster)

Ammo mutation (ammo reserves on d braton are S#&$ty)

3 dual stat mods (for lots of status procs)

Or 2 dual stats nd 1 90% elemental)

(I use 2 dual stat nd 1 90%er)

The braton prime is increadible. I havnt used my soma or boltor since i got it. It starts to suffer around lvl 80 enemies.. but every weapon suffers after lvl 80. So its very end game possible

Edited by (PS4)Treezzy1

Braton Prime relies on slash procs in the end game so I'd use dual status mods to increase status chance, fanged fusillade to increase the chance that the proc is slash and heavy caliber to increase the damage of slash procs.

Smh no it does not rely on slash procs. The slash procs are nice but the braton DOES NOT "rely" on slash procs. Fanged fussilade does less damage than a 90% elemental. Am not assuming. I had fanged fussilade on my braton for a month until a friend told me to put an elemental. I went to the simulacrum nd compared the damage numbers. I think people are just excited about fanged fussilade coming back.i only use it on my dread. Cos i already have 2 90% elemental on it

Serr, Split, Shred, HeavyCal(r8), Ammo mut, dual toxic, 90%cold, dual elec. (5 forma should get you there)

This is the best build I have found for my bratonp and my most used build in the game. But then again, keep in mind I use nova so my braton is actually built for high procs for cc (elec/impact) and viral procs. Once the enemies start going into lvl60, I have to load up amd for real damage as braton starts dropping off since most of the time the party does not have four cp's.

But with this build, I can basically go into any game and feel comfortable that my nova will have "on the fly" cc and the viral procs will take down even the heaviest enemies.

However, frames that rely solely on their weapon for damage that cannot amplify that damage, then you'll start running out of steam on the bratonp at around 30+ waves.  

Smh no it does not rely on slash procs. The slash procs are nice but the braton DOES NOT "rely" on slash procs. Fanged fussilade does less damage than a 90% elemental. Am not assuming. I had fanged fussilade on my braton for a month until a friend told me to put an elemental. I went to the simulacrum nd compared the damage numbers. I think people are just excited about fanged fussilade coming back.i only use it on my dread. Cos i already have 2 90% elemental on it

It relies on them on high level content and it's what makes it win Boltor/Soma primes when the enemy has enough hp for the slash procs to be actually effective.

I don't see many people suggesting the usage of a rifle ammo mutation mod, which is concerning seeing as how the ammo reserves on this weapon are pretty limited. Better to have a gun that can fire than one that doesn't have any ammo.

I generally run this on mine:

-Serration

-Split Chamber

-Heavy Caliber 8/10

-Shred

-Viral and Electric damage through dual stat mods, or Radiation/Toxin (I will explain why these are my choices.)

-Ammo mutation

I run electric with Viral because Viral and Slash already do great damage against fleshy targets, electric gives stun like fire does but is better against machinery which you have little damage for without it. Radiation/Toxin is also a good choice to me because you get confusion procs as well as good damage against alloy targets while toxin bypasses shields and also has a bonus against ferrite armor targets. I generally will run the Viral/Electric combo of I see some CP auras in squad, otherwise it's rad/toxin.

All this said, understand I value utility more than sheer damage.

Edited by Xcedis

Gonna quote this from the other recent Braton Prime thread, that was actually in PhP where it belongs :D

Corrosive is awesome against armored enemies because the procs stack, providing a benefit with each sucessive proc, while Viral procs after the first effectively do nothing.

Corrosive+Fire is my setup of choice - you get less status than with Corrosive+Blast, but you can use that extra slot to install another 90% Corrosive, making the Corrosive proc more likely which makes up for the lack of status. I consider Fire to be a better CC than Blast anyways, as the animation doesn't prevent getting headshots.

Prior to ~U17, headshot procs would get a bonus 2x damage on top of the other multipliers, so I was building with Point Strike (for more 4x damage headshot crits) and aiming for heads. Post U17, there's no more damage bonus so I've installed HCal and not bothered aiming for headshots - they still deal more damage, but the extra effort isn't worth the slight boost anymore, imo.

If you want, you can build around DoT procs, using Fanged Fusillade to up the Slash chance, and be sure to install a Bane of XXX when not in Void - but again, it's not as effective as before without that 2x damage bonus.

TLDR:

Against Armored Grineer:
Corrosive to strip armor, Fire and direct damage to kill enemies; http://goo.gl/KmgdRg
Viral to reduce health; Fire and Slash procs to kill enemies (slower but more fun imo); http://goo.gl/Wyltfr (headshots deal 2.5x damage, procs deal 130% damage)

Also, I did not know that the Prime could use that skin. I've been holding onto a Braton for ages just to be able to show it off. Sweet, opened up a weapon slot! (I did know that primes became able to use skins, just forgot about this one).

Braton Prime is an excellent status weapon against armor. But it actually suffers compared to other weapons once 4x CP are installed. Stacking Viral and Fire doesn't actually do anything, so you don't need that high of a status rate, there is absolutely no benefit. And slash procs are powerful against armor because they ignore armor - without armor on enemies, slash procs are kinda 'meh'.

Once you install 4x CP for your group, it's far better to run a damage based weapon and build than status.

It relies on them on high level content and it's what makes it win Boltor/Soma primes when the enemy has enough hp for the slash procs to be actually effective.

No it does not. Everything is too busy being dead to worry about slash procs. The slash procs wont do much damage to a lvl 80 enemy.

Again this is not assumption i'v tested it out. A 90% elemental does more damage than fanged fussilade

I opted for 4 forma Status Braton Prime, all V polarity.

Reason being is the raw damage on the weapon isn't all that so really status is what will save you and make it viable.

It's not a top tier gun, it is what it is.  It's one level down from what some would consider "the top", but its viable for sure.

Serration

Split Chamber

Heavy Cal (3 from top)

Shred

For grineer

Viral/Radiation - using all 4 dual stats (high voltage, malignant, thermite, rime rounds)

For Corpus

High Voltage, Rime, Malignant, and then Infected clip for added toxin damage

Infested

I'll do corrosive/heat or even do blast by throwing in Rime/Thermite combo for max status.

I'll play around with that.

Void

Corrosive/Heat, i'll add the infected clip for more corrosive damage.

Also fun to toy around with is using Vile Acceleration versus shred to make the Braton REALLY sing....but more so for fun then anything else.

Then you have to watch your ammo :)

Well, I use the braton prime as my main primary. It's just a basic build, one with corrosive/heat, other one with something like magnetic, and the other with radiation. Each has ammo mutation mod, serration (rank 8) and split chambers. If you have space for one, I stick a ammo drum for more ammo. Hope this helps.