The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny's Guardians Vs Warframe's Tenno

(XBOX)BURRITO DEVIL

Nothing with the name Blink will ever outdo Corvo's mobility in that matter lol. Corvo's teleport was the best ability ever... AND could be aimed.

Those tesla fences disagree with Corvo, sadly. :P

There are Corpus attacks that do immediate, excessive damage to your shields, if not drop them entirely.  The fact that they have attacks scientifically engineered to target a Tenno shield means that they have at least a modest understanding of the tech.

Also, Mag's abilities are stated as being magnetic in nature.  The fact that a singular ability of her's, Shield Polarize, simulataneously effects Corpus and Tenno shields, tha tmeans they are at least similar technologies.

In fact, considering the nature of the Corpus, it is very likely that they reverse-engineered their shields from Tenno tech, and just made a weaker, more easily produced version.

Blink can be aimed, it's just tricky.  It simply carries you in the direction of your current momentum.  It's not nearly as good as point, click, appear, but it gives ample mobility.

Eh, the Corpus are kind of a mix/descendants of the Orokin, it'd be agreeable that Corpus at least have a less-advanced but still based on the same tech as Tenno's shield. 

I'd dismiss the feat of Corpus weaponry cutting through a Tenno's shield casually. In Mirage's lore, we clearly know her going rambo against multiple hordes of Sentients. Also to add, Mag P in her codex bit, managed to tank ship-busting laser beam from a Sentient warship.

Edited by SeraIngvir

Guardians would win.

Turn off life support. Tenno die and use up all their revives. Turn on life support. Ghost revives Guardian. GG, NO RE.

Those Guardians will drop at least one or two life supports when they go down. Maybe six if the Tenno have a Necros. That'll totally last until the five minute extraction, right? :)

Those tesla fences disagree with Corvo, sadly. :P

Eh, the Corpus are kind of a mix/descendants of the Orokin, it'd be agreeable that Corpus at least have a less-advanced but still based on the same tech as Tenno's shield. 

I'd dismiss the feat of Corpus weaponry cutting through a Tenno's shield casually. In Mirage's lore, we clearly know her going rambo against multiple hordes of Sentients. Also to add, Mag P in her codex bit, managed to tank ship-busting laser beam from a Sentient warship.

Maybe not casually cutting through a Tenno shield, but the point is, they are based on known technology, specifically electro-magnetics of some sort.  A speculative assumption based on the power "Shield Polarize" could be that they use some kind of negative charge, as the one ability strengthens Tenno shields while simultaneously collapsing Corpus shields.

Edited by (PS4)Mewing_Raven

There are Corpus attacks that do immediate, excessive damage to your shields, if not drop them entirely.  The fact that they have attacks scientifically engineered to target a Tenno shield means that they have at least a modest understanding of the tech.

The basic of how shields are working is literally always the same, magnetism. How the shield is created can be different and doesn´t make them the same just how they work is the same in every universe except otherwise stated.

Also, Mag's abilities are stated as being magnetic in nature.  The fact that a singular ability of her's, Shield Polarize, simulataneously effects Corpus and Tenno shields, tha tmeans they are at least similar technologies.

It also means that she can control her magnetism to not harm her allies (canon due to videos). Hell she can manipulate the magnetism in bones. Saying she couldn´t control the guardian shields because of "cuz light" is weak.

The basic of how shields are working is literally always the same, magnetism. How the shield is created can be different and doesn´t make them the same just how they work is the same in every universe except otherwise stated.

It also means that she can control her magnetism to not harm her allies (canon due to videos). Hell she can manipulate the magnetism in bones. Saying she couldn´t control the guardian shields because of "cuz light" is weak.

First, shields are not always assumed to be magnetism in Science Fiction.  Kinetic shields are fairly common, such as Frost's Snow Globe, as well as a Graviton-based shield, which would use a gravitational effect to create a buffer.

Second, "because Light" is "weak" because it is unexplained in the Canon.  "Void Energy" is also unexplained.  What kind of energy is it?  Electrical?  Heat?  Negative gravity?  Strong Nuclear Attraction?  We have no idea. 

Third, if Light is implementing Quantum Entanglement to create shields, there is a decent chance that Mag would not be able to do a thing to them, assuming the means by which massive particle quantum entanglement was achieved did not involve a stable magnetic field or other ferrous materials.

We are arguing about a death match between Techno-Virus Space Ninjas and MagiScience-powered Undead Commandos.  Not everything is going to make perfect sense.  I'm doing what I can with what I have.

NOVA uses forth skill, and jat kittags them to the moon xD

limbo banishes them. barely any energy used

Rhino beats the Titans to death and not a scratch

Valkyr uses hysteria and slaughters everything

trinity is empowering/healing the other warframes to make them immortal 

hydroid uses swarm of tenticals to violate the guardians dignity possibly hot for some people...

loki disarms them (oh no guardians have no melee xD, sitting ducks)

ash wipes them out with bladestorm 

equinox puts them to sleep and slits throats 

do i really need to keep going here? 

the warframes highly outclass destinys guardians in both power, weapons and actual movement capability, even if guardians could keep up in damage they are very HALO 3 movement based and have no real way to keep up in terms of speed of warframe combat 

like beating on  grineer actually ...

First, shields are not always assumed to be magnetism in Science Fiction.  Kinetic shields are fairly common, such as Frost's Snow Globe, as well as a Graviton-based shield, which would use a gravitational effect to create a buffer.

Second, "because Light" is "weak" because it is unexplained in the Canon.  "Void Energy" is also unexplained.  What kind of energy is it?  Electrical?  Heat?  Negative gravity?  Strong Nuclear Attraction?  We have no idea. 

Third, if Light is implementing Quantum Entanglement to create shields, there is a decent chance that Mag would not be able to do a thing to them, assuming the means by which massive particle quantum entanglement was achieved did not involve a stable magnetic field or other ferrous materials.

We are arguing about a death match between Techno-Virus Space Ninjas and MagiScience-powered Undead Commandos.  Not everything is going to make perfect sense.  I'm doing what I can with what I have.

Fair enough.^^

Just a correction; Techno Virus Void powered Space Ninjas. o.o

NOVA uses forth skill, and jat kittags them to the moon xD

limbo banishes them. barely any energy used

Rhino beats the Titans to death and not a scratch

Valkyr uses hysteria and slaughters everything

trinity is empowering/healing the other warframes to make them immortal 

hydroid uses swarm of tenticals to violate the guardians dignity possibly hot for some people...

loki disarms them (oh no guardians have no melee xD, sitting ducks)

ash wipes them out with bladestorm 

equinox puts them to sleep and slits throats 

do i really need to keep going here? 

the warframes highly outclass destinys guardians in both power, weapons and actual movement capability, even if guardians could keep up in damage they are very HALO 3 movement based and have no real way to keep up in terms of speed of warframe combat 

like beating on  grineer actually ...

Nova's ability increases damage, done.  you still have to kill them.  May be blocked by Ward of Dawn.

Limbo's ability would temporarily banish them, but also leave them in Limbo long enough to regen their health and shields.  Only acts as Crowd Control.  Also, can be dodged.  And may be blocked by Ward of Dawn.

I'm not sure they can be disarmed, but even if they can, their abilities and melee skills don't require weapons.  Also, may be blocked by Ward of Dawn, and if Loki goes inside to do this, he's blind.

Guardian's don't sleep, as far as I can tell, and are undead.  Equinox's ability might not work.  Also, may be blocked by Ward of Dawn.

Trinity is a worry.

However, everything else is Physical Damage, and can be blocked by Ward of Dawn, dodged, or outranged.

And they have Hoverbikes to help with movement, and I still think I could keep up with a Warframe using my Blade Dancer, at least in terms of speed.

And Guardians would WRECK Grineer.

People do realize Tenno parkour would be useless in a vs fight. How many games have you easily take out flying enemies,etc. Pretty sure flying with 360 degress of movement beat Parkour. Again super soldiers better eye sight than us humans. Tenno get so over hyped in their lore and vs argument.

Also the whole valk block bullets and runs kill everyone close range thing. Didn't valk get captured by the corpus. The corpus soldiers who are not much above regular humans. Their robots aren't the most advance thing out there either so yea.

Valkyr was likely in a stasis pod, so asleep.

Here is the thing i use to determine skill, Gameplay.

Guardians Movement: Sprint and double/triple jumping depending on class

Tenno Movement: Parkour, double jump, bullet jump, air glide, dodge roll, flipping, etc

Guardian Basic Arsenal: Primary, special, grenades, and Heavy weaoons

Tenno Basic Arsenal: Primary, secondary, gear(restores etc), and Melee

Guardian Support: Ghost

Tenno Support: Lotus and Sentinal/Kubrow

Guardian Combat: Highly trained gun combat

Tenno Combat: High Gun and Melee combat

Guardian Abilities: Hunter, Titan, and warlock classes with 3 differing types each l. 9 total.

Tenno Abilities: 30+ differing warframes

Guardian Upgrades: Armor and light system

Tenno Upgrades: Modding and Forma system

Guardian Extra: Fireteams of 3, High Vehicle combat, and ability to summon sparrow

Tenno Extra: Squads of 4, Archwings, and dropship support(Mantis and liset)

I am going to giving each winning side a +1 point and a small description why till a winner is decided

Movement-Tenno +1: This was the easiest category to choose a winner. Since tenno just have waaaaaay more mobility than a guadian. A tenno has the upper hand in movement.

Basic Arsenal-Guardians +1: This was the hardest one in deciding since they are really different loadouts. But the fact that gurdians keep 3 different guns on their person with an infinite supply of grenades yeah they get this one.

Support-Tenno +1: The fact that the lotus can do what ghosts can do but faster wins it for tenno and also ghosts dont fight, tenno got sentinals/Kubrow for aiding in combat

Combat- Tenno +1: this shows that a good arsenal doesnt make a compitent warrior. The fact that the best a gurdian can do in melee combat is swing a melee weapon from side to side or butting someone with there gun is outshined by the tennos melee prowess in technique and mobility.

Abilities-Tenno +1: the sheer diversity of all warframes hands it to the tenno in this one

Upgrades-Tie no points: each system has its ups has its owns but no clear better version can be determined.

Extra-Tenno +1: this was a close call cause the guardians vehicle combating ability was able to match archwing and the ability to summon a sparrow at all times is impressive but simple math is what decides it here. Fireteam 3 is less than a squad of 4. And 1 extra person on the battlefield can make a difference.

So th score is

Tenno-6,,,,Guardians-1

The sheer diversity a tenno brings to combat is what wins it for them. I do believe a guardian can indeed kill a tenno. But a single tenoo can kill 2 guadians.

TENNO WINS

You forgot tenno and syndicate specters, those increase the numbers of any tenno squad.

In fact, considering the nature of the Corpus, it is very likely that they reverse-engineered their shields from Tenno tech, and just made a weaker, more easily produced version.

There is still nothing to indicate that despite the guardians shielding being different that tenno magnetic damage wont still work.

Keep in mind that warframe magnetic damaghe is diffrent from electricity... And I mean way different, such as that certain metals (very cmmon ones) are resistant to it and somehow magnetic damage actually damages flesh. Sooo yeah still nothing saying it wont work.

As someone who has well over 500+ hrs in both games, and plays both everyday. This is a tough debate. I lean towards Guardians only b/c some of the guardians in the lore are insanely tough. Guardians are only killed by minions of dark capable of eating their light. Even then we developed Exos, we can transfer our consciousness into them, and survive like Cayde-6.

Now the darker Umbra frames might be capable of eating light, I dunno.. I've yet to decide if Tenno are good or evil. Regardless, this is something that's hard to debate bc they're both so powerful, and WF lore isn't as solid yet.

There is still nothing to indicate that despite the guardians shielding being different that tenno magnetic damage wont still work.

Keep in mind that warframe magnetic damaghe is diffrent from electricity... And I mean way different, such as that certain metals (very cmmon ones) are resistant to it and somehow magnetic damage actually damages flesh. Sooo yeah still nothing saying it wont work.

The thing is, there is nothing to indicate that Guardian's shields are vulnerable to magnetics, and there are also many implications that they do not adhere to currently accepted physics.

Also, Mag's magnetic abilities aren't really in questing, just the particular ability Shield Polarize.  Things like Pull could affect non-ferrous targets quite easily by creating an electro-magnetic field around them which would simply use magnetized particles in the air as a kinetic field of sorts.  However, Polarize Shield specifically works ONLY on shields.  It has no effect on unshielded individuals at all, but has an effect on Tenno AND corpus shields.  This lends to the idea that they are related technology.

And finally, more than likely, something like that would be plugged in the Destiny canon with "because Light", because that is what they have done with everything else.  The fact that they have a tendency to do it, combined with the fact that I can think of credible scientific explanations for how it could be done, weighs in favor of the Guardian shields not being effected by, particularly, Shield Polarize.

-snip-

Amusingly enough, the most effective way to use shield polarise against guardians is to probably utilise the shockwave emanated from the shield burst (which damages all enemies, not just acting as a shield stripping effect). Mostly because the idea of tossing a Anti-Moa at your opponents then shield polarising it is immensely amusing from a combat point of view, and at least still makes sense for mag.

Admittely, mag's shield polarise could work by fooling the enemy shields into thinking they're being assailed from all directions constantly, causing them to try and repel the phantom attacks, hence causing them to emit the blocking force at full power, depleting their power source and creating an outwards shockwave that can damage nearby objects. This wouldn't really consider the method that the shield operates from, and we need to keep in mind that the cold affects tenno shielding more signifcantly than it does corpus shielding (at least, enviromental cryogenics wise).

On the topic of the corpus, there's a potential chance that the negator bubble may actually also affect light/darkness based effects just as it terminates void powers, so the corpus might have a hidden ace in that regard. Not that such a thing would help the tenno. 

I mean like, there's no doubt guardians would be well capable of wrecking both the grineer and the corpus in normal skirmishes, just like the tenno do. However, it's not clear just how resource intensive pumping out new clones for the grineer is, especially considering that we slaughter them by literally the thousands in some missions, and they are implied in lore to be a near unstoppable swarm of dudes. They're also shown to be a industrial jugganaught as well,

The infested are a whole other ballgame though, especially the mutalist variant, which possesses the capability to subvert and take over machinery, On the other hand, the Taken can be sort of seen as a more "Mystic" variant of the infestation or more notably, the corrupted. That being said, depending on it's potentcy/abillity to assimilate, the infested could quite possibly be a real threat.

Amusingly enough, the most effective way to use shield polarise against guardians is to probably utilise the shockwave emanated from the shield burst (which damages all enemies, not just acting as a shield stripping effect). Mostly because the idea of tossing a Anti-Moa at your opponents then shield polarising it is immensely amusing from a combat point of view, and at least still makes sense for mag.

Admittely, mag's shield polarise could work by fooling the enemy shields into thinking they're being assailed from all directions constantly, causing them to try and repel the phantom attacks, hence causing them to emit the blocking force at full power, depleting their power source and creating an outwards shockwave that can damage nearby objects. This wouldn't really consider the method that the shield operates from, and we need to keep in mind that the cold affects tenno shielding more signifcantly than it does corpus shielding (at least, enviromental cryogenics wise).

On the topic of the corpus, there's a potential chance that the negator bubble may actually also affect light/darkness based effects just as it terminates void powers, so the corpus might have a hidden ace in that regard. Not that such a thing would help the tenno. 

I mean like, there's no doubt guardians would be well capable of wrecking both the grineer and the corpus in normal skirmishes, just like the tenno do. However, it's not clear just how resource intensive pumping out new clones for the grineer is, especially considering that we slaughter them by literally the thousands in some missions, and they are implied in lore to be a near unstoppable swarm of dudes. They're also shown to be a industrial jugganaught as well,

The infested are a whole other ballgame though, especially the mutalist variant, which possesses the capability to subvert and take over machinery, On the other hand, the Taken can be sort of seen as a more "Mystic" variant of the infestation or more notably, the corrupted. That being said, depending on it's potentcy/abillity to assimilate, the infested could quite possibly be a real threat.

I think that focusing on Mag's Shield Polarize has become an unnesscary sticking point.  Her other three abilities would work on Guardians just fine, assuming they weren't behind a Ward of Dawn, and this is her approach to Grineer and Infested anyways.  And besides, being able to top off Tenno shields whenever is still a perfectly fine ability.

Also, the Negator Bubble point is an interesting one, and I could see a few ways that could actually work, like if the bubble simply phased people within it a millisecond outside of current Timespace, seperating them from their power sources.  However, it is also not really a help either way in this debate, as (unfortunately) no Warframe has it.

But as far as Mag, Pull, Bullet Attractor, and Crush would be more than enough to make her still plenty viable.