Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny's Guardians Vs Warframe's Tenno

(XBOX)BURRITO DEVIL

This is like comparing Starcraft and Warhammer 40k... Balanced VS OP

Starcraft wins.

TO THE TOPIC AT HAND

All the Tenno need is Ash. Best solo frame, and one of the harder ones to kill properly when played right.

Spam 1 for days, watch as everyone dies horribly.

Even Destiny players will have to hand it to the Tenno. 

The Tenno have the power to basically dissolve entire armies in a 50 meter radius. They got immortality skills....can take over enemies and make them fight on your side or just force them into chaos. 

Take away all enemy weapons and so on. 

All Destiny skills are just some gimp little bonuses you use alongside your weaponplay...weaponplay that is not nearly as diverse as the Tenno arsenal.

Tenno need warframes to survive, but you didn't say that the tenno have their warframes on. Therefore, due to a loophole, guardians win.

What a backwards argument. Not only do we not know if this argument still holds any thruth to it....but also now tell me...how many times did we actually see a Tenno outside of its' suit? 
The guys frozen in defense missions are just "operatives" that are on our side (or at least neutral to us) and even when we (the player) are first awoken...we awake INSIDE of a suit. 

The suits were forged around the Tenno...they are not meant to be...no...they cannot be removed just like that. Sure, I am dangerously close to the "what are the Tenno" question again...but seriously.

Plus the suits are not all that necessary for Tenno to survive...if we go by lore, the suits help them focus and strengthen their powers...but it is entirely possible that a suitless Tenno (no matter if it has a physical body or not) would be just as dangerous due to the raw and unfocused void energy blasting absolutely everywhere.

Take away the focus lense from a big, high-energy laser...what do you get? Still a S#&$-ton of blinding light that can possibly hurt you.

Edited by Shehriazad

The Tenno are individually more powerful, but the Guardians have the ability to return from the dead and a much more extensive infrastructure to back them up.\

More like Teshin would say: "Tenno absorb your enemies' ghost to destroy them!". Then we'd just kill them like how we kill each other in the conclave.

Well it will be a little biased, as you are asking on the Warframe forums.

I have 780 hours here, and 600 on Destiny. So I hope I'm not biased, but I would say Tenno would win, easily.

Guardians can be extremely lethal *Fondly thinks back to my Peacemaker, one hitting and exploding everything in VoG*. But they also are very squishy. They are essentially superhuman undead who use the power of the "light" to revive via their ghosts. Tenno have their Oro instilled into them, and can only be annihilated by another Oro-bearing user. Meaning, Guardians cannot kill Tenno (unless the light is a different forum of Oro-void energy), while all the Tenno have to do is destroy the ghosts.

Ghjallarhorn just got nerfed too, because of year two gear. Soooo.. While they fire little rockets at me, I'll be swinging my sword-version of the Ghjally, also known as Galantine.

So what they can bench press planets?

Your going to have to be more specific.

I don't know all of them, but there's some armour fluff as an example that refers to titan strength and armour;

-the gauntlet, vambrace, and joints of a Titan's arms must withstand colossal forces

-the sheer mass of titan armour can break stone

They also built the walls, which are massive. And their armour & strength are reinforced by Light, as vague as it is powerful.

I don't know all of them, but there's some armour fluff as an example that refers to titan strength and armour;

-the gauntlet, vambrace, and joints of a Titan's arms must withstand colossal forces

They also built the walls, which are massive. And their armour & strength are reinforced by Light, as vague as it is powerful.

Still vague (except for the breaking stone part, is that an exaggeration, cuz that could mean it weighs 100's to 1,000's of tons.

Rhino's are strong enough to slice through Orokin made steel walls with their bare hands easily.

There is one Lore indication on what the Tenno are capable of in Mirage's Quest:

SPOILER ALERT

The Void imprint... it's old. I see... Worm ships coming out of punch! A Warframe fighting Sentients... shields are failing...

I see the Sentients crashing down on her, dying in overwhelming numbers. Now she's out of energy, I'm telling her to go but she's laughing, tearing their heads off as they swarm.

From what we can tell, Mirage was able to fight "overwhelming numbers" of Sentients without apparent problem (How many is "overwhelming"? I'm not sure), without shields and no energy she is strong enough to tear off the heads of the Sentients (Which material make-up they have? We dont know, but lets assume alloy) and keep fighting.

Lets keep in mind that Mirage is comparable to a "Squishy Wizzard" and if Warframes differ in strenght as they do roles, we can only imagine what is the real strenght of a Rhino/Valkyr, how truly fast Volt become, how destructive Nova can be, what is the full extend of Nyx's mind powers...

There are also gameplay limitations, I doubt each Warframe only has 4 sets of powers and Lore-wise they should have much more control over their speciality.

I dont have a PS4/XB1, so I cant tell much on Destiny's Guardians power according to Lore, but at the same time I cant tell much about the Tenno.

*edit!

I just remembered the Lore of Rhino Prime!

They do no good. The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore.

It rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the lights and casting us into darkness. I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls, but I know I am dead. I close my eyes and stand ready to pay.

From the first part we can assume its Rhino Charge, he charged the man with such strenght that they became "mist and gore", we can assume that they were hit with enough force to break their bodies, not unlike a body falling from very high.

And "metal fingers rending the walls" if we assume its concrete, Proto-Rhino just put his fingers in the wall and dragged them, breaking it using them alone.

And this is Rhino beofre the Orokin made them better. If a Prototype can do this, what is the "final product" capable of?

Edited by Kao-Snake

can tell, Mirage was able to fight "overwhelming numbers" of Sentients without apparent problem (How many is "overwhelming"? I'm not sure), without shields and no energy she is strong enough to tear off the heads of the Sentients (Which material make-up they have? We dont know, but lets assume alloy) and keep fighting.

Considering a single Tenno (gameplay) completely geared out can take out thousands of enemies, probably a lot.

Without the bias the Warframe Forums have and the memes which they worship, I still think Tenno would win due to the sheer amount of variety the Tenno have in their powers, the sheer power in them, and how hardy the Tenno are. Guardians might be able to take a few of us down, but the Tenno can easily bounce back and invade the Traveller if they wanted to.

Seems too vague on both sides to compare evenly and I personally like both series. I do like however that the guardians have some lore cards stating that they can re-spawn as canon so dying is of little consequence to them.

Still it's impossible to compare endurance, damage, and limits without some type of baseline. We'd need to really see how something like the Thorn would hurt a Grineer commander or how well a fallen commander can take a Soma prime barrage to the head.

You are simply asking if space suited military regulars can compete with supernatural void-defying supersoldiers that can rip the human body by pointing a kitchen knife on their torsos out of spite.

Although, I take it from the biased portion of the set as well. Might as well say at least one phrase below.

"Good game, well played."

You are simply asking if space suited military regulars can compete with supernatural void-defying supersoldiers that can rip the human body by pointing a kitchen knife on their torsos out of spite.

Although, I take it from the biased portion of the set as well. Might as well say at least one phrase below.

"Good game, well played."

Err the guardians are far from regular military tho. You don't even need to have the game to see this.

Seems too vague on both sides to compare evenly and I personally like both series. I do like however that the guardians have some lore cards stating that they can re-spawn as canon so dying is of little consequence to them.

Still it's impossible to compare endurance, damage, and limits without some type of baseline. We'd need to really see how something like the Thorn would hurt a Grineer commander or how well a fallen commander can take a Soma prime barrage to the head.

People would have to decide if they take gameplay examples or lore examples first. That would be a nice step.

Mirage massacred a legion of Sentients on her own. Lore paints a Tenno as being worth multiple hundreds of soldier in and of theirselves. The Tenno have mastery of life and death (Nekroz), can mentally control their enemies (Nyx, and confusion abilities like Loki's Radial Disarm), trigger anti-matter at a whim which destroys anything it touches without fail (Nova), and take ridiculous amounts of punishment before giving out. I do not believe the Tenno would be outmatched in ability, strength, speed, nor mobility. 

Then there is the difference in weaponry. A Guardians shotgun can't punch through a single Thrall to hit whats behind it. A Tennos shotgun will punch through multiple grineer troopers in a single shot, and depending on which one you use, punch through multiple meters worth of bodies in that one shot. Their bows have more killing power than some of the Guardians heavies. Tenno are far more versatile as well in squad composition. They may not have the organizational numbers the Guardians have, but they have a far larger range of abilities at their disposal.

Even if we were to give the Guardians the power to use their abilities freely it still wouldn't amount to snuff. Their abilities just aren't as wide ranging, diverse, or as wide spread. What would a Titan, Hunter, and Warlock actually be able to do again an Oberon, a Mag, and Volt? This is with the assumption that the Guardians have access to all abilities from their subclasses at the same time much like a Tenno has all access to their whole kit. 

Titan will be the only one really providing defense on the Guardians side with his Defender abilities, primarily Ward of Dawn. Flaw, they can't camp within Ward and fire from within to outside enemies unless said enemies cross inside of Dawn. Volts Shield can repel fire but allow fire through it while giving it electric properties as well, making it easier to take out a Guardians shields. Mag can just drain a guardians shield instantly, feed it to her allies, and cause that drain to overload the guardians and make them explode. May not kill them instantly, but they will be hurting. Oberon would keep his team patched up and healed, while still being able to lock down the enemy. Considering poison affect Guardians and can kill them, highly doubt they are immune to radiation. 

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

Tenno have canon revives too