Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)BURRITO DEVIL

Destiny's Guardians Vs Warframe's Tenno

In the lancers lore it says many tenno have fallen underestimating them. Brain dead regular soldiers should not be able to take out tenno.

Spartan 1s who are much inferior to spartan 2s in halo for instance where able to kill regular solders who aren't brain dead easily.

I don't recall any such statement,

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer

The lore bit merely describes a proto-Grineer miner bashing a Sentient for a bit. 

Also, I won't call Grineer as 'brain-dead' soldiers. They're cloned from the best prints, augmented with the best Grineer military equipment and modifications. They're at least above peak human capabilities. 

i would say guardain since they can simply just keep on coming back were as a tenno warframe can only revive them 4 times currently before needing to charge(personal reason behind 4 revives) also a guardains super charges over time while tenno need energy to use powers( for purpose of balance the tenno has no aura modifications)

A Legion of necros soul punching downed tenno back to battle and binding the souls of dead guardians as their pets.

Tenno wins again.

well lets just put 100 guardians and 4 Nova's in one room....what happens? 4x MP = Big boom = Tenno win. I havnt playd Destiny or even look'd at it once but its safe to say Tenno's are the most powerful things in the world (gaming world wise) at the moment.

Let's have the same with 4 Ash's instead. The result will be just as hillarious, since Ash stun-locks his targets.

Slow undead soldiers who have two wait two minutes for their measly supers to charge up vs Ancient Orokin space ninjas who can spam their god-like abilities over and over again, park-our all around the room in under a minute and have access to huge battleaxes? Its a no brainer.

How about super Sayans or Marvel/DC characters vs Tenno those are at-least debatable.

How about super Sayans or Marvel/DC characters vs Tenno those are at-least debatable.

Super Saiyans? Xeelestomp, Goku's a universe-buster so..

For Marvel, I definitely would like to see some matchups inbetween the Tenno and certain Ultron reincarnations.

Though, I have read some bits that certain past legendary Guardians have beaten Planet-busting space dragons, up to crapping on multi-versal reality warpers. Though I am unsure to what level of prowess that the current Guardians possess.

@Feallike

Nope. At the moment if we take EVERY other game universe/world they wouldnt stand any chance against Tenno's because if we take Tenno's into reality A) They dont use ENERGY ORB's which give them the advantage on spamming their abilities to oblivion just a single Nova teaming up with a Saryn can destroy a planet within minutes due to Wormhole + MP +Miasma spam. No super villain or super hero could ever stand a chance against any Tenno. (At the moment untill a korean dev makes up something completely overpowered.

@Feallike

Nope. At the moment if we take EVERY other game universe/world they wouldnt stand any chance against Tenno's because if we take Tenno's into reality A) They dont use ENERGY ORB's which give them the advantage on spamming their abilities to oblivion just a single Nova teaming up with a Saryn can destroy a planet within minutes due to Wormhole + MP +Miasma spam. No super villain or super hero could ever stand a chance against any Tenno. (At the moment untill a korean dev makes up something completely overpowered.

Stating that no such thing could kill a Tenno might be overstretching their capabilities a lil bit.

Any mid-tier reality warper could handle a squad of tenno. Nova's anti-matter and Limbo's planeshifting is the largest threat in the roster.

@Seralngvir

pick a tenno and a super hero/villain. compare their abilities/movement/etc etc etc....

Tenno's come ontop in their current state and as the game involves we will get much stronger.

I've been through 10 years of gaming and i havnt seen anyone as strong like the tenno are. Sure some super heroes/villains can fly but their bound to come down sooner or later and whenever they do Tenno can kill them with ease and if we take the (stamina bar which is now removed) into account we can basicly do anything without getting tired. In reality Tenno's can wipe out planets faster than anything else.

@Seralngvir

pick a tenno and a super hero/villain. compare their abilities/movement/etc etc etc....

Tenno's come ontop in their current state and as the game involves we will get much stronger.

I've been through 10 years of gaming and i havnt seen anyone as strong like the tenno are. Sure some super heroes/villains can fly but their bound to come down sooner or later and whenever they do Tenno can kill them with ease and if we take the (stamina bar which is now removed) into account we can basicly do anything without getting tired. In reality Tenno's can wipe out planets faster than anything else.

First of all, gameplay =/= lore. 

Only Nova out of the bunch can really bust a planet, even so she's fragile and could easily be taken out. Other frames are just city-busters, some aren't even close to being one. They're really just top-end street-tier of characters. Do they have impressive feats? Yes they do. Are they the most OP bunch? Absolutely no.

They're at best multi-tonners, around Spider-man/Raiden level. Speed-wise? They're at best bullet-timers. Anything capable of FTE/FTL-ing will casually speedblitz them to death. Endurance? Anything of Country-busting tiers of attack would wipe the Tenno.

Really, anyone that has some decent reality-warping feats, or just possessing better feats than the Tenno would stomp them. Example, Thanos, Odin, Goku, Superman, etc. 

I've actually been trying to understand Destiny's story lately(including the damn cards), so I'll try and answer this fairly.

The Tenno are void driven supersoldiers born to hunt the sentients that we don't understand.

>They have superspeed and super strength.

>Don't think for themselves, work under orders.

>Ability to revive a handful of times in a certain period(?)

>Specialized powers

>Space combat by archwing

>Large-ish numbers(?)

The Guardians are undead super soldiers selected for their ability to wield light

>Super strength, slightly faster speeds.

>Rebuilt to act as a mindless killing machine.  Lead by the vanguard, but mostly work independently.

>Ability to be revived.  Killed when light is drained from them(?)

>Specialized powers.

>Space combat by ship

>Large numbers

WIth that said: I don't know.  The damage scales do not match up.  Warframe gives you massive numbers at the end game while Destiny barely breaks 1,000 on critical hits.

The tenno would probably have an edge due to physical capabilities, but I feel that guardians would be more powerful as a team

I've seen this post on Bungie.net forums as well, and it was funny to see all the Destiny Fans running to the aid of their terrible game. obviously, there will be bias here too, but even if this survey was conducted on neutral ground, I still think anyone who's played both games extensively will say the Tenno win. Tenno don't even need guns to wreck a Guardian.

- Guardians only know how to use guns and a basic Melee, Tenno are martial arts masters who also know how to use guns, hence they are referred to as "Masters of Gun and Blade"

- Guardian Fireteams consist of 3, Tenno squads consist of 4, Guardians would be outnumbered from the start.

- Guardians have basic Jetpack/ Double jump, Tenno are Parkour masters with the ability to go almost anywhere.

and that's without taking into account specific power advantages the Tenno have;

Titan:

Ward of Dawn Vs Frost's Snowglobe - unlike Guardians, Tenno can actually shoot out of their bubble and slow down enemies that go into it.

Fist of Havoc Vs Saryn's Miasma - both are Massive AoE attacks, but Saryn has more reach, and Toxin will negate a Guardian's shields.

Fire Hammer Vs Valkyr's Hysteria - Titan isn't invincible, Valkyr is, and also gets health back per hit. plus she can now toggle her ability; Titans have to get full energy first.

Hunter:

Golden Gun Vs Mesa's Peacemaker - Hunter gets 1 gun with 3 shots that are manually aimed. Mesa gets 2 guns with endless ammo and Auto aim.

Arc Blade Vs Excalibur's Exalted Blade - Hunter gets an electric knife that does extra damage. Excalibur gets a Sword made of pure energy that fires energy with each swing and can auto-parry attacks as well as do high damage.

Void Bow Vs Mirage's Prism - Void Bow casts a long range Trap. mirage fires a Prism that dishes out lasers and blinds enemies.

Warlock:

Nova Bomb Vs. Nova's Antimatter Drop - both large AoE's. too close to call IMO, however Nova can shoot first because she doesn't need maximum energy, whereas a warlock does.

Resurrection Vs. World On Fire - Warlock gets unlimited fire grenades, but Ember can simply cast Fire wherever she goes while avoiding the grenades.

Arc Lightning Vs. Volt's Overload - both decent AoE's, though Volt's travels much further and is harder to avoid.

it would be an interesting fight, but Tenno would win hands down.

I've actually been trying to understand Destiny's story lately(including the damn cards), so I'll try and answer this fairly.

The Tenno are void driven supersoldiers born to hunt the sentients that we don't understand.

>They have superspeed and super strength.

>Don't think for themselves, work under orders.

>Ability to revive a handful of times in a certain period(?)

>Specialized powers

>Space combat by archwing

>Large-ish numbers(?)

The Guardians are undead super soldiers selected for their ability to wield light

>Super strength, slightly faster speeds.

>Rebuilt to act as a mindless killing machine.  Lead by the vanguard, but mostly work independently.

>Ability to be revived.  Killed when light is drained from them(?)

>Specialized powers.

>Space combat by ship

>Large numbers

WIth that said: I don't know.  The damage scales do not match up.  Warframe gives you massive numbers at the end game while Destiny barely breaks 1,000 on critical hits.

The tenno would probably have an edge due to physical capabilities, but I feel that guardians would be more powerful as a team

Take a Tonkor or a Sancti Tigris to one of the many Raid or Strike bosses in Destiny and they will be down in seconds. Even with a whole team, enemies in Destiny are absolute bullet sponges and have insane damage. Every member of the team dies at least five times before a boss is taken down.

When you glide in Destiny you can't even shoot in mid air, otherwise the glide is cancelled and you plummet to the ground. In Warframe, you can glide, shoot and latch onto walls all before you even need to reload. Any frame can solo a raid, apart from Hydroid. Take a squad of Warframes into a Destiny raid and you're laughing. 

Guardians are slow and weak.

Take a Tonkor or a Sancti Tigris to one of the many Raid or Strike bosses in Destiny and they will be down in seconds. Even with a whole team, enemies in Destiny are absolute bullet sponges and have insane damage. Every member of the team dies at least five times before a boss is taken down.

When you glide in Destiny you can't even shoot in mid air, otherwise the glide is cancelled and you plummet to the ground. In Warframe, you can glide, shoot and latch onto walls all before you even need to reload. Any frame can solo a raid, apart from Hydroid. Take a squad of Warframes into a Destiny raid and you're laughing. 

Guardians are slow and weak.

You see, you are ignoring damage scale differences.  That is why threads like these get no where.

All of this is making me wish Bungie put Destiny on PC, because... really? They lost a lot of profit by not doing so. And all this disscussion made me want to play it. GJ guys.

You see, you are ignoring damage scale differences.  That is why threads like these get no where.

This is just to see who would win between Guardians and Tenno and the answer is obvious, so this thread was answered a long time ago.

All of this is making me wish Bungie put Destiny on PC, because... really? They lost a lot of profit by not doing so. And all this disscussion made me want to play it. GJ guys.

Believe me, you have been spared the choke chain of Activision. Destiny sucks and every DLC package comes to about $50. Warframe is free.

Well, it wasn't a really fair debate when we're using gameplay numbers and mechanics as comparison. 

Lore evidence and feats would be a much fairer method to debate this kinds of VS battles.

First of all, gameplay =/= lore. 

Only Nova out of the bunch can really bust a planet, even so she's fragile and could easily be taken out. Other frames are just city-busters, some aren't even close to being one. They're really just top-end street-tier of characters. Do they have impressive feats? Yes they do. Are they the most OP bunch? Absolutely no.

They're at best multi-tonners, around Spider-man/Raiden level. Speed-wise? They're at best bullet-timers. Anything capable of FTE/FTL-ing will casually speedblitz them to death. Endurance? Anything of Country-busting tiers of attack would wipe the Tenno.

Really, anyone that has some decent reality-warping feats, or just possessing better feats than the Tenno would stomp them. Example, Thanos, Odin, Goku, Superman, etc. 

I love which feats one needs to pull to beat them. And there are millions of tenno. :)

And you need faster than FTE, they have FTE reflexes (parry bullets and throw them back is exactly one criterion about having FTE). A speed beating by FTL beings? Donated! Being beaten by FTL is not a shame :D

And than again if we think about millions of tenno combining their powers. Man... than they are the OP multiverse ninja hobos they are already in nearly every battledome.

Also superman is vulnerable vs magic :> We use space magic thee hee :D

I love which feats one needs to pull to beat them. And there are millions of tenno. :)

And you need faster than FTE, they have FTE reflexes (parry bullets and throw them back is exactly one criterion about having FTE). A speed beating by FTL beings? Donated! Being beaten by FTL is not a shame :D

And than again if we think about millions of tenno combining their powers. Man... than they are the OP multiverse ninja hobos they are already in nearly every battledome.

Also superman is vulnerable vs magic :> We use space magic thee hee :D

Yeah, the Tenno are ridiculous OP when combined in a full squad. Just the default full roster of 25 Tenno would stomp most stuff, to the point where only some stronk reality warper could defeat them, due the Tenno just possessing amazing physique attributes, boosted by their hax mini-reality-warping Void energy. An army with million of Tenno is 2op4me. 

Superman's BS man, some versions of Supes are multi-versal busters that even a sneeze from the big guy would vaporize a Planet. The Tenno would probably beat some of the more down-to-earth version of Supes, though.

Did you just finish taking a college course logic class? This, is probably some of the most sound logic I've ever heard before in my life, at least in the context of game vs. game debates.

Thank you. Last year I graduated with a bachelors in psycholical analysis