The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Buff Mend?

izzatuw

Mend should give us pulses that can activate for an instant AoE heal. There is no frame that has this. Trinity requires an enemy to spawn a Well of Life. Equinox should have a pulse on pressing 4, at a low energy cost of 25.

Similarly, Maim should give a slash proc at the same energy cost. Currently Maim is just about as broken as Mend, just in a different way.

This would also enable Equinox to actually use both day and night modes and allow for him to be more than just a 4-bot with two shapes of which half has no purpose. I really never understood the design behind locking him into a shape, and then giving him an energy drain over time ability - he is much more attractive as a guy that shifts constantly to suit the situation at hand.

Edited by V4YR4

Night Form of equinox is obviously bad and its not only Mend that lacking utility.

Even Well of Life is better heal power than Mend and that is comparing 1st power with 4th power. If DE could get info about different forms usage time I bet it ll look 90% Day Form, 10% Night Form.

Edited by -MNT-Erlking

Before anyone claims my Life steal idea or my idea with racking up point for more uses being too easy, it takes a pretty long to reach 50K in general play and even longer with 100K

That's kinda what her 4th does. >.>

It's in addition to the healing when deactivated.

As in, you don't need to deactivate to heal.

Edited by VocalMagic

Night Form of equinox is obviously bad and its not only Mend that lacking utility.

Even Well of Life is better heal power than Mend and that is comparing 1st power with 4th power. If DE could get info about different forms usage time I bet it ll look 90% Day Form, 10% Night Form.

Realistically, I only use night form for the looks.

Before anyone claims my Life steal idea or my idea with racking up point for more uses being too easy, it takes a pretty long to reach 50K in general play and even longer with 100K

You think so? That hardly depends on mission type. Survival or interception, and defense to a lesser extent, where heal is needed the most, in a 4-man squad reaching 50k is Childs play. I mean seriously, mend builds up faster than maim, I would risk to say more than twice faster from my experience.

(this is another thing to compensate the actual difference between mend & maim)

I would buff it by it's mechanics. So for e.g switching from mend to maim and vice-versa, Equinox would still be able to retain an X amount of % that maim or mend has already accumilated, because it would give greater synergy between switching forms.

As for a outright buff, overshields i guess, but it doesn't address the main issuses in regard to Equinox's ult.

You think so? That hardly depends on mission type. Survival or interception, and defense to a lesser extent, where heal is needed the most, in a 4-man squad reaching 50k is Childs play. I mean seriously, mend builds up faster than maim, I would risk to say more than twice faster from my experience.

(this is another thing to compensate the actual difference between mend & maim)

Depends really, in the first 20 minutes of a T4S it'll take a while but by 40 minutes it'll be pretty easy, but I'm not surprised, you'd be spamming synd procs every minute by that point.

REDUCE ITS CASTING ANIMATION!

Maim has a reason to have a long casting animation: it's a pain/stun aura that lasts friggin' forever. You wanna debilitate the enemy? Well it's not a panic button, so plan ahead

Mend, by contrast, is a healing spell. It needs to go off NOW! If I'm in danger and need to heal, being immobilized for 1.5 seconds is the last thing I want

This.

Which, incidentally, is also the complaint against Renewal (which really ought to be useable preemptively).

Also, see next.

I would buff it by it's mechanics. So for e.g switching from mend to maim and vice-versa, Equinox would still be able to retain an X amount of % that maim or mend has already accumilated, because it would give greater synergy between switching forms.

^ This is one of Mend's greatest weaknesses.

I need a heal NOW.

Instead, I get to wait 2 1 second for the transformation, then another ~1.5 seconds for the cast animation, then as long as it takes to kill enough enemies to fuel the heal.

You can continually lose energy to make your team more resilient (via Pacify) , or you can lose the same amount in Day form, if only for Maim's damage / CC / AoE burst damage.

The best defense is a good offense, and 'Dead' is the best status effect.

Which means consistently switching into Day, which loses any Mend charge you have. And, where Maim may damage/kill anything in the vicinity, popping Mend because you're changing provides literally zero benefit if no one needs the heal at that moment.

And Pacify is limited in range to somewhat-less-then-hubtile-area after Overextended.

Having Mend provide damage reduction to your allies, compounding the (conditional) damage reduction on enemies seems like a good fit to me.

Only problem is, when you need that damage reduction, you won't be able to risk popping Mend for the heal.

So probably Mend needs something else, unless the ability's gonna change - which I doubt.

Edited by Chroia

The issue seems they want to make it heal differently - weve already an instant heal on trinity, a max hp buff on chroma and regeneration on oberon. If you healed per kill without having to activate it again then it would be awesome yet remain unique.

Which is what I suggested.

I understand completely that this thread is directed towards mend. And many have given great ideas, and also many think the same way, but.

How about the other abilities? Sinergy between abilities would be great. But how would they be used?

Pacify consumes too much energy, day form's 2 (don't remember the name) I really, personally, see no use to it, neither people that use it, and, unless a specific case I present, neither do I see people using rest.

Don't those skills need a buff or sinergy with others too?

Just saying...

I understand completely that this thread is directed towards mend. And many have given great ideas, and also many think the same way, but.

How about the other abilities? Sinergy between abilities would be great. But how would they be used?

Pacify consumes too much energy, day form's 2 (don't remember the name) I really, personally, see no use to it, neither people that use it, and, unless a specific case I present, neither do I see people using rest.

Don't those skills need a buff or sinergy with others too?

Just saying...

Rage is good, but since people used -duration before this cause of Transient people didn't utilize it as much.

Make it a healing aura - right now there is not much of a point to keep it going for long because you would just overheal which is a waste.

So instead, while active it will heal allies in range for ~5% of their Max health per second, increasing by 1% per X stacks (with the current stack mechanism) up to a cap.

Make it a healing aura - right now there is not much of a point to keep it going for long because you would just overheal which is a waste.

So instead, while active it will heal allies in range for ~5% of their Max health per second, increasing by 1% per X stacks (with the current stack mechanism) up to a cap.

It sounds like something that can be slightly overpowered in low level missions while potentially being underpowered in high missions

It sounds like something that can be slightly overpowered in low level missions while potentially being underpowered in high missions

kinda understand what you mean, in low level you could basically facetank everything witht his, but honestly, you can do that anyway.

that's why its low level xD

in very high level missions you might even get oneshot, so healing might not be as useful, but that's where her third ability might come in handy in combination.

That would mean as long as your team sticks around the equinox everyone would get damage reduction + health regen.

I dont know if her 3rd ability would be enough to defend against high level enemies though

I'd have it passively send some of the stored health/damage to nearby allies over time. This way it's like having an extra few Regeneration mods on but you have to fuel it. Maybe have it provide other slight buffs with Augments, like extra shield recharge or armor.

Edit: So instead of just a heal, it's a heal + heal over time, just like maim is damage + damage over time.

Edited by PublikDomain