Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know Exactly What The Tenno Are! Tenno Are Spirits! This Theory Is Flawless! +Conclusion

Zarozian

But it's not about having a calming effect - it's about taking control of it. Possessing it and taking command over it's body.

Why don't we do that with the Infested now? Because the Infested is SO INFERIOR to our Warframes it would be a waste - or potentially many of the bigger things are too evolved and too advanced for it. The exact nature of it is unclear.

I just don't see the logic behind any kind of Technocyte-infused Tenno being stopped by realization the INSTANT he walks in the door, especially nothing as minor as "these are by brothers". These would have been THE SAME people who had experimented on his brothers, then, shouldn't that have thrown him into MORE of a revenge-driven frenzy?

It's possible, in my mind, that the Warframe might have been "built around them" LESS in a directly physical sense, but more in a sense of ideas and capabilities. The Warframes were build around what they were capable of and what they were, designed to house and harness it - the Void was the Sentient's weakness, after all, THAT is the power that won the war against them. And that power came from the Tenno.

Except you got this concept of us leaving our frames, yet the frames don't go crazy, hell, the new Archer is going to even have the ability to leave her frame as an ability. And we also have Atlas getting beat by Jorvas Golem, who was clearly more powerful than his warframe. This theory is pretty crap honestly.

Edited by UrielColtan

He's interacted with it before, but it was always under controlled conditions.

This one, however, is very much not under control and running wild. That's the entire point. That and what happens when it comes in contact with the Zariman kids (or what's left of them). Also, it strongly hints that Davis engineered this whole episode to explore a hunch he had.

For science!  At a rather high cost among the bystanders, but, hey, cracking a few eggs and all that. Seems the Orokin way.

Davis was aware of the Zariman, not the narrator. The narrator has not seen this "creature" before. He has never experimented on it. He believes this is the same as others he has crafted and discarded. But he has not actually seen this creature, which is why he is caught off-guard by its actions. The point is that visually, this one appears to be similar to those he has experimented on, but it is not one that he has experimented on. Therefore his past experience with other infested creatures cannot be indicative of the origins of this "beast." So you can't look at the narrator's past experience to discern that they are separate objects, because the unreliable narrator has never interacted with the "creature" in the Rhino Prime Codex entry before this point.

That seems like conjecture, especially given the narrator says: "I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response." Could it have been a TOTALLY different thing? Sure. But the Sentients could also be a totally different thing from what the Orokin were experimenting with in the Codex, and the Void might actually have living creatures in it we've never seen.

I take the word of narrators for what they are, there may be unreliable narrators but assuming everyone is an unreliable narrator means you can never trust anyone ever. Maybe we're not even Tenno? Maybe the Lotus, Corpus, and everyone only THINK we're Tenno because we remotely resemble what they remember a Tenno being? But, in reality, we're just people in suits.

Calling "unreliable narrator" as if it were ever a fact always strikes me as a little poor as argument and theories go. Maybe the narrator in Lord of the Rings was unreliable and Sauron was the good guy the entire time?

Then you got this concept of us leaving our frames yet the frames not going crazy, hell the new frame is going to even have the ability to leave her frame. And we also have Atlas getting beat beat by Jorvas Golem, who was clearly more powerful than his warframe. This the theory is pretty crap honestly.

She's going to have the ability to focus on her arrow, hardly leaving the Warframe as I see it. Was Hayden Tenno leaving his body whenever he did his slo-motion effect in Dark Sector? I don't think so, and even though they're not connected the same principle applies: it's like the third person, it's a gameplay tool.

As for why the frames don't go crazy I've already noted the possibility of the Warframes having been altered, lobotomized, after that first encounter to bring them to a point where they were more docile; easier to control, easier to store. But it is entirely possible that, somewhere in our Orbiters, we have our raging and angry Warframes chained up or in some kind of stasis to prevent that - I just think the former is more likely.

And was Atlas defeated BY the Golem? It's unclear, he was defeated there, and the fact that the Golem is made largely of more recent Corpus ship parts - something that could ONLY have been after the Mutalist strain - might argue to the contrary. It's entirely possible, though, but even then that goes back to the idea that the Golem, Lephantis, and others might simply have been too powerful, too close to the rest of the hivemind. The Rhino creature seen in the Codex was simple, powerful but not NEARLY as evolved as something like Lephantis, could be it was right in that sweet spot where it was weak enough for that sort of thing.

But I don't know. We'll find out in second dream, and while I may be wrong I'm confident on a few key points: the Warframes are made of Technocyte Infestation, the Tenno are creatures that have been physically twisted by the Void in some way and are able to switch between the Warframe, and they work in a symbiotic relationship to form the greater whole of what we play as.

He's interacted with it before, but it was always under controlled conditions.

This one, however, is very much not under control and running wild. That's the entire point. That and what happens when it comes in contact with the Zariman kids (or what's left of them). Also, it strongly hints that Davis engineered this whole episode to explore a hunch he had.

For science!  At a rather high cost among the bystanders, but, hey, cracking a few eggs and all that. Seems the Orokin way.

Most certainly seems the Orokin way, what with them having created the Sentients and all DESPITE it coming with the risk of it destroying them.

"Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject is power?"

Edited by Morec0

That seems like conjecture, especially given the narrator says: "I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response." Could it have been a TOTALLY different thing? Sure. But the Sentients could also be a totally different thing from what the Orokin were experimenting with in the Codex, and the Void might actually have living creatures in it we've never seen.

I take the word of narrators for what they are, there may be unreliable narrators but assuming everyone is an unreliable narrator means you can never trust anyone ever. Maybe we're not even Tenno? Maybe the Lotus, Corpus, and everyone only THINK we're Tenno because we remotely resemble what they remember a Tenno being? But, in reality, we're just people in suits.

Calling "unreliable narrator" as if it were ever a fact always strikes me as a little poor as argument and theories go. Maybe the narrator in Lord of the Rings was unreliable and Sauron was the good guy the entire time?

She's going to have the ability to focus on her arrow, hardly leaving the Warframe as I see it. Was Hayden Tenno leaving his body whenever he did his slo-motion effect in Dark Sector? I don't think so, and even though they're not connected the same principle applies: it's like the third person, it's a gameplay tool.

As for why the frames don't go crazy I've already noted the possibility of the Warframes having been altered, lobotomized, after that first encounter to bring them to a point where they were more docile; easier to control, easier to store. But it is entirely possible that, somewhere in our Orbiters, we have our raging and angry Warframes chained up or in some kind of stasis to prevent that - I just think the former is more likely.

And was Atlas defeated BY the Golem? It's unclear, he was defeated there, and the fact that the Golem is made largely of more recent Corpus ship parts - something that could ONLY have been after the Mutalist strain - might argue to the contrary. It's entirely possible, though, but even then that goes back to the idea that the Golem, Lephantis, and others might simply have been too powerful, too close to the rest of the hivemind. The Rhino creature seen in the Codex was simple, powerful but not NEARLY as evolved as something like Lephantis, could be it was right in that sweet spot where it was weak enough for that sort of thing.

But I don't know. We'll find out in second dream, and while I may be wrong I'm confident on a few key points: the Warframes are made of Technocyte Infestation, the Tenno are creatures that have been physically twisted by the Void in some way and are able to switch between the Warframe, and they work in a symbiotic relationship to form the greater whole of what we play as.

Most certainly seems the Orokin way, what with them having created the Sentients and all DESPITE it coming with the risk of it destroying them.

"Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject is power?"

Do you know what? DE retcon it make their ancestors reject fires power and lets play as stone age tenno Yayyy!!!!

When you really think about it, Warframe's lore is pretty straightforward. The Void is figurative for what some would call "heaven". Where science and reason fail. The reason heaven is in quotes is because the word itself implies paradise, but that's not the case. It's more of a higher space which we cannot understand or explain, something better than us.

So when humans, as "impure" beings, are exposed to the Void, we are figuratively entering the "afterlife" (again, the Void is not *literally* the afterlife, but representative of it). The transformation is kind of poetic; we become like fallen angels ("Void-demons", as in game lore puts it). We take on a greater form, as spirits, which can occupy various forms.

The Warframes are these forms. They are the lenses which allow us to focus our paranormal energy, shaping our "furious light".

Essentially, Tenno are transcendent beings which use Warframes to interact with our lower dimension/existence.

I support my claims by the "Ominous Message" appearing periodically on the loading screens, various codex entries, and straightforward symbolism. Warframe is a game that is meant to question what it means to be human.

I'd hesitate on the saying we betrayed them. The Orokin were not what you'd call a benevolent society. We've seen that in more than a few codex entries.

They might have felt betrayed, but from where the tenno stand, they had it coming. We still don't have details, but these were not nice people in a general sense. They accomplished much, but at a very high price, and finally someone got tired of paying it.

Edited by Sloan441

Ok I read the rest.

The thing about death is you lose the soul..

So the zariman children could very well be controlling the warframes remotely via some form of telekenesis but they wouldn't be dead.

That said I feel like you've read mine and other treads and ideas and are trying to play them off as your own by adding baseless conjecture to try and tie together unrelated matters.

However, they built the frames around us as said in my previous reply. Why would lotus feel attached to these beings that are basically ghosts who haunt frames from the voidspace... Silly sounding. That would also basically nullify any personality or background life experience influencing who they are and would make the past irrelevant. If the warframes are mindless zombies and the tenno are ghosts with no memory how and why are we doing anything and what choice would we have ... None. We minght just do what we are told but with no memory comes no motive. No persona. And no need for a history.

The frames being built around individuals and the individual having an actual personality as a result of the things that happen to them is more likely. We went through and saw things that would give us a reason to rebell. Homicidal void ghosts just makes me laugh. If we were void ghosts lotus would have absolutely no personal connection to us, she wouldn't have taken us as her children and wouldn't have probably betrayed her race and mission objective. But instead she saw who we were understood our pain felt the tragedy and took us under her arch-wing. Dad jokes.

The zariman kids as I have said before were probably what lead to them realizing that void radiated humans can control the technocyte based technology, and gave way to the research and development of tcyte based armor. They were likely the first round of frames but given the scale of the old war it's plausible that there were many batallions of tenno formed and fitted with warframes.

As for lorists, I think it's simply d e trying to add some depth to the warframe universe. If anything I'm more likely to accept that a pair of lorists ended up as the twin queens rather than as tenno, if that's what your idea suggests in part.

Anyhow interesting theory speculation but I feel u eighteen will make all of us wrong.

How does this fit in with the glitchy loading screen?

What is this void link and how does it fit in with everything? Is it how the "spirits" interact with the frames? 

Edit: And I think the technical term is "Oro", not "spirits".

Edited by DrBorris

Ok I read the rest.

The thing about death is you lose the soul..

So the zariman children could very well be controlling the warframes remotely via some form of telekenesis but they wouldn't be dead.

That said I feel like you've read mine and other treads and ideas and are trying to play them off as your own by adding baseless conjecture to try and tie together unrelated matters.

However, they built the frames around us as said in my previous reply. Why would lotus feel attached to these beings that are basically ghosts who haunt frames from the voidspace... Silly sounding. That would also basically nullify any personality or background life experience influencing who they are and would make the past irrelevant. If the warframes are mindless zombies and the tenno are ghosts with no memory how and why are we doing anything and what choice would we have ... None. We minght just do what we are told but with no memory comes no motive. No persona. And no need for a history.

The frames being built around individuals and the individual having an actual personality as a result of the things that happen to them is more likely. We went through and saw things that would give us a reason to rebell. Homicidal void ghosts just makes me laugh. If we were void ghosts lotus would have absolutely no personal connection to us, she wouldn't have taken us as her children and wouldn't have probably betrayed her race and mission objective. But instead she saw who we were understood our pain felt the tragedy and took us under her arch-wing. Dad jokes.

The zariman kids as I have said before were probably what lead to them realizing that void radiated humans can control the technocyte based technology, and gave way to the research and development of tcyte based armor. They were likely the first round of frames but given the scale of the old war it's plausible that there were many batallions of tenno formed and fitted with warframes.

As for lorists, I think it's simply d e trying to add some depth to the warframe universe. If anything I'm more likely to accept that a pair of lorists ended up as the twin queens rather than as tenno, if that's what your idea suggests in part.

Anyhow interesting theory speculation but I feel u eighteen will make all of us wrong.

It's possible that the Zariman children were the orginal Warframes, but the cloned Warframes (what we play as) are not the Zariman children.

What if the Tenno, the ones who control the Warframes, are something entirely different?

We know the Lotus is somewhat attatched to the Tenno emotionally - it may be because they are descendants of her. Maybe the Lotus is actually the mother of the Tenno.

What if the Tenno are physical entities (possibly just the nervous system of the Z children) that still generate or can manipulate the void energies?

If that is true, then what if the Warframes are lobotomized infested creatures that the Tenno are inserted into?

This would explain why all frames have some kind embellishment around the spine and why it is implied that we are the same Tenno even when our Warframes change.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Aizeol

What if the Tenno are physical entities (possibly just the nervous system of the Z children) that still generate or can manipulate the void energies?

If that is true, then what if the Warframes are lobotomized infested creatures that the Tenno are inserted into?

This would explain why all frames have some kind embellishment around the spine and why it is implied that we are the same Tenno even when our Warframes change.

Edit: Spelling

Also a possibility. Guyver was given as a source of inspiration for Warframe a while back by Steven himself, and in it the biological suits reshape the wearer to fit inside. It could be a similar situation with the Technocyte Warframes.

But "We took the twisted few that came back from that place...". The people that survied were put into the frames while still alive and twisted. And Infested don't need to eat. They are half robot. Rhino eats.

fresh ideas / 10

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/1/13/JordasJorPre30.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20151004011105

They may not NEED to eat, but they seem to like to at the very least. The helps put things further into context.

The biggest damning factor for me on that Rhino creature being a Tenno is that is uses a Warframe's abilities, directly visible Warframe abilities that are characteristic and pretty much impossible to explain any other way (as opposed to Ember Prime's "could be radiation burns"). Abilities that any Tenno can have by putting on the Warframe... Because of this I find it difficult to agree with the notion that a SINGLE Tenno had the powers, especially when we have nothing to solid to suggest there was ever any kind of "Second generation Tenno" that were different from this first.

Because of that I think the Tenno that came off of the Zariman and the Tenno we play as in-game are the same kind, and because of the ability to swap between Warframes and command any Warframe abilities as we choose I think it more likely that said abilities are tied to the Warframes themselves, rather than any Tenno. There are possibilities around this, but without further evidence I see this as the simplest solution.

Edited by Morec0