Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know Exactly What The Tenno Are! Tenno Are Spirits! This Theory Is Flawless! +Conclusion

Zarozian

This has been said before and will again, I am sure.

I have been on and off this theory for three years now. And I STILL haven't settled on what I believe.

However, here are my points/insights/madness.

Claim 1: There are never stated that there was a second generation of Tenno/warframes.

Point: The warframes have two words that I find illuminating.

TRIBE

EVOLUTION

Claim 2: Tenno are spirits from the Void/are connected to the Void.

Suggestions: If Tenno are spirits that came from that dimension, we should feel right at home there. But I feel the Void to be a hostile and harsh place to us.

If we DID should we not be powerful and even be free to leave the warframes?

Thoughts on DE's descision for choosing Voids Hellspace over Technocyte:

There is a chance that with a past stated inspiration from Chtulu, that the Tenno are actually alien void beings that latched onto the Zariman children.

Like the elder gods who sleep in the deep chaos of black space.

Tenno have been called demons more than once.

Yes, and it didn't explain why you believe Warframes are alive. THAT'S WHAT I'M ASKING FOR

Warframes have inate memories. They have a personality visible in the stances.

DE calls these things shadows. Void shadows are memories. A Warfames voidshadow is their memory.

Warframes have inate memories. They have a personality visible in the stances.

DE calls these things shadows. Void shadows are memories. A Warfames voidshadow is their memory.

It could very well be a Tenno using a practiced stance. As evidenced by, oh I don't know, the Animation menu

Yeah, you can use ANY Warframe's personality on any other frame. Almost like it's the Tenno themselves deciding how to move, around and behave

Edited by TARINunit9

It could very well be a Tenno using a practiced stance. As evidenced by, oh I don't know, the Animation menu

Yeah, you can use ANY Warframe's personality on any other frame. Almost like it's the Tenno themselves deciding how to move, around and behave

Yes. However, every warframe has a default stance when you build it.

Yes. However, every warframe has a default stance when you build it.

To which I point at my other piece of evidence:

"Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr during her time in 'the lab'. A reminder to never forget the torment."
—In-game description of Valkyr's Bonds

If the Tenno are willing to undergo self-flagellation just to get into the mindset of how awful the torment of Valkyr must have been, I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that Tenno are willing to get into her mind in other, subtler ways, like practicing her body language

Or you can just to change the animation set as soon as it's done building, negating the concept of "default"

"Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr during her time in 'the lab'. A reminder to never forget the torment."

If the Tenno are willing to undergo self-flagellation just to get into the mindset of how awful the torment of Valkyr must have been, I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that Tenno are willing to get into her mind in other, subtler ways, like practicing her body language

Or you can just to change the animation set as soon as it's done building, negating the concept of "default"

Wich brings us to infested Mesa and controlled Chroma. These are moving without Tenno-influence, or "hollow" as Lotus calls the Mesa-warframe.

One can argue they are "alive" in a way.

I think it's more akin to synchronising with the ambient persona-fragments of the Warframe, building affinity, if you will.

For example: Rhino and Valkyr (Gersemi)  are gruff, angry and feral naturally, in order to channel their Void energies into the abilities built into the Warframe the Tenno need to build affinity with those demeanours, becoming like them in order to fully use those abilities. By default this leads to a specific mode of being (Illustrated in the stance), but the skilled Tenno can overcome that and enforce their own choice of persona.

The post-Alad-V-Valkyr is simply more of the same, rather then channeling a Rhino-like feral rage. It's the pained, vindictive frenzy of the torture victim.

Like the 80's movie Firefox "You must think in Russian!" but in this case it's "To use powers that are rooted in rage you must feel the rage" with the option to take the Avengers-Movie Hulk option of "Thats my secret, I'm always angry"

To me, that allows for each Warframe to have a unique personality (Something DE obviously want) while allowing the players to choose when and where they want to follow that lead per-Warframe and when they want to assert their own take on how their character would respond to that stimulus. For example, for almost all the Primes I run with the Nekros noble stance, because it looks dedicated, focussed and "all business" For the normal Warframes I vary it much more. Limbo's Agile stance seems to fit the Swagger of a pirate Hydroid much better and Mirage's noble stance seems to fit Banshee. Overall they all bend together to the overall feeling for that single Tenno where Nekros Noble represents a "get the job done" mood and Mirage Noble represents the more mercurial and playful side. With some sidelines like the Frost and Vauban stances representing the "Sigh, this crap again?" sort of mood.

It seems like the best of all worlds to me. A player can just accept the personas as-is and view their Tenno as just a blank canvas for the personality of the Warframe or take it all the way to the other side and enforce one, strong personality regardless of 

Warframe.

Edited by SilentMobius

Wich brings us to infested Mesa and controlled Chroma. These are moving without Tenno-influence, or "hollow" as Lotus calls the Mesa-warframe.

One can argue they are "alive" in a way.

Infested Mesa and Sentient Chroma are being controlled by Sufficiently Advanced Aliens. These are the same entities that were able to take control of and breathe new life into corpses and Corpus robots, and literally everything the Orokin built (from assault rifles to computers to starships), respectively. Saying they were able to animate empty Warframes is giving credit to the Infested and the Sentients, not to the Warframes

I think it's more akin to synchronising with the ambient persona-fragments of the Warframe, building affinity, if you will.

Yes, basically this. Thank you for your eloquent words :)

My point is that we have no way of knowing if this process is entirely mundane, done through muscle memory and training, or if it involves "Void memory shadow fragments"

Edited by TARINunit9

Yes, basically this. Thank you for your eloquent words :)

My point is that we have no way of knowing if this process is entirely mundane, done through muscle memory and training, or if it involves "Void memory shadow fragments"

Hell, the Mirage quest tells us that "Void Imprints" can store memories, emotions and even enough data to rebuild parts of a Warframe. This is a thing that the last Mirage pilot could choose to create. Makes you wonder what would be possible with a full lab-environment studying what was possible.

Hell, the Mirage quest tells us that "Void Imprints" can store memories, emotions and even enough data to rebuild parts of a Warframe. This is a thing that the last Mirage pilot could choose to create. Makes you wonder what would be possible with a full lab-environment studying what was possible.

"I have recovered something from the memory... a blueprint."

--Lotus

Again, we have no way of knowing if the memory contained a literal blueprint, a wholly mechanical string binary code that becomes MirageHelmet.bp when uploaded into your Foundry, or if the thoughts, emotions, feelings, and other Void shadows of the original Mirage are necessary components to the creation of a Warframe

When he says "I don't like doing this at all" to the fourth wall comment, he admits that some lines that to break it, yes, and that the line in question might get changed to remove that ambiguity - the ambiguity of "does it or does it not break the fourth wall?". A change to remove all the ambiguity WOULD cement whether or not it was a fourth wall break or not...

As of Patch 15.5 which "Removed unnecessary descriptive wording from Ordis transmission in Limbo Theorem Quest." that hasn't happened: https://youtu.be/GGmyB73lkTw?t=31m40s

And note the use of Mesa earlier in the video, this was taken AFTER that update. And the line is untouched even after the update which was to clear it up. This HEAVILY allows us to conclude that the intent within THAT LINE was INDEED to imply that we are a single Tenno switching frames. Otherwise, a change to the line WOULD have come about and WOULD have removed the fourth wall mention to take out the fourth wall breaking Steve hates.

But it didn't, despite the quest being gone over for edits.

So, it can be reasonably concluded, THAT line is fair game.

SilentMobius

And the Limbo quest was edited, and the line was not shaved down, changed or edited in any way. Hence it stands.

Reminds me of the standard response to time travelers when asking too many questions in the Continuum RPG "Further information is not available at this time" a perfect non-statement.

I actually used my no-plat test account to get enough resources to re-run that mission to confirm it as well, took forever.

Absolutely with you there Morec0. I was trying to "trick" Steve into a stance on the Poly/Mono Tenno and he deftly deflected it, said that "some" lines make it through and that the line might be edited to remove "ambiguity" a perfectly crafted reply avoiding taking any stance at all in the AMA.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc doesn't work. The mere fact that Steve thought about taking that specific line to the editing room, already compromises the quote, regardless of it ever actually getting edited.

You don't know if the changes in 15.5 are even relative to Steve or that specfic context being discussed there in the AMA exchange. Looking at the "changes" after having looked this over not but a week back,, there doesn't seem to be any removal or change in Ordis' dialogue at all when comparing pre and post update 15.5.

If this is the case, then the "update" on that particular aspect, was probably screwed up and never actually went through, but so few people noticed or reported it, that nothing was rectified there.

Even if there was a real change in the update, it still would not matter, Steve said it *might* get edited, not that it definitely will, let alone soonTM, which is already compromising enough to the validity of Ordis's quote, let alone his stating that Ordis isn't trustworthy. Steve can probably find a better way to leave the line while also further invalidaitng it in upcoming events, such as the Second Dream. Perhaps a "Would you kindly" moment.

And let me ask you: why can his body just SUDDENLY be able to become energy because of that key's energy? 

Could you perhaps say it was TWISTED by it? Altered by the energies of the Void through the key? The Orokin used the Void from transit, that much is clear from the Mag Codex, and in the beginning of that trailer was the VOID KEY not being used as a power source to OPEN the portal into the Void? To ALLOW for transit into it?

Wouldn't that suggest it's energies are tied TO the Void?

So, we have the energies of the Void key - VOID energies - reanimating Vor, making him what he is... and changing him to allow his body to dissipate into energy... Sounds like the Void can physically alter people to me. Sounds like it can leave them in a state where they can survive even after their body has been dissipated into energy...

Is it a spirit? Maybe not, but it's still very similar to how the Tenno were made. That's what I'm saying: whatever VOR is, is what WE are. And as Vor appears to be able to reduce himself to energy in some sense, talk and communicate even without a completely solid form, so too are the Tenno.

You're doing it again, you keep squawking about Vor using Void energy over and over as if this is even being argued against. It isn't, so quit embarassing yourself.

Also, Corrupted Vor turning into energy upon defeat, is not proof of possession, or invalidation  of him using his own body when revived.

Edited by UrielColtan

Then there is Lotus comment on infested Mesa. A comment that makes me Wonder if the void "spirit" is a part of the warframe and the pilot is a physical being inside.

She says:

"That is not a Tenno. It is a hollow warframe puppeteered by infested flesh."

Suggesting a Tenno by Lotus' s definition is a wearer and warframe combined.

Possibly like this; Pilot + Chassi + Systems.

Pilot= you. Voidpower, Oro.

Chassi= warframe exoarmor.

Systems: Voidpowers and warframe-neural AI, basically the onboard persona of the System and the personality of the unique warframe.

Then there is Lotus comment on infested Mesa. A comment that makes me Wonder if the void "spirit" is a part of the warframe and the pilot is a physical being inside.

She says:

"That is not a Tenno. It is a hollow warframe puppeteered by infested flesh."

Suggesting a Tenno by Lotus' s definition is a wearer and warframe combined.

Possibly like this; Pilot + Chassi + Systems.

Pilot= you. Voidpower, Oro.

Chassi= warframe exoarmor.

Systems: Voidpowers and warframe-neural AI, basically the onboard persona of the System and the personality of the unique warframe.

Um, I'm pretty sure that merely suggests that the Warframe doesn't have a Tenno inside, and that the Warframes are not separate, living/animate beings. I could look at a medieval knight's armor and say the same thing: That is not a Knight. That is hollow armor being worn/puppeteered by someone/something else. If it were a Corpus or Grineer in the Warframe, the Lotus would say the same thing: That is not a Tenno. That is a warframe puppeteered by a Corpus/Grineer.

Um, I'm pretty sure that merely suggests that the Warframe doesn't have a Tenno inside, and that the Warframes are not separate, living/animate beings. I could look at a medieval knight's armor and say the same thing: That is not a Knight. That is hollow armor being worn/puppeteered by someone/something else. If it were a Corpus or Grineer in the Warframe, the Lotus would say the same thing: That is not a Tenno. That is a warframe puppeteered by a Corpus/Grineer.

You missed my point though.

What is a Tenno exactly? Is it a soldier trained in deadly warfare? Is it a void-ghost?

What I mean is that a knight is still a knight even out of armor, right? But is a Tenno still a Tenno out of a warframe?

What is a Tenno exactly? Is it a soldier trained in deadly warfare? Is it a void-ghost?

What I mean is that a knight is still a knight even out of armor, right? But is a Tenno still a Tenno out of a warframe?

He does this a lot to everyone. =/

I was pretty certain he was trolling~ =/

Dude, someone drawing a different conclusion than you is not trolling

Me and Antoine have been doing the Lore-dance for along time now. We tend to dissagree, and he tend to stick to one set of opinions while I tend to be influenced by new ideas.

Yes.

Yeah but you are saying something else is my point when it's not my point at all. >.>

That's why I've spent four posts now asking you what your logic train is

So far all you've said is two things:

"Tenno are Void spirits who possess Warframes, the latter of which have the power to move on your own"

and

"Yeah! Everyone who agrees with me is awesome!"

I want to know WHY you've made the conclusions you've made. Without that, it's impossible to discuss with you without misinterpreting you on accident