The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Buy More Items / Bundles With Plat From The Market If The Prices Got Discounted?

_Medo_

First all, and this has already been stated, you are not really spending money directly on an item, you make a decision to get a Plat pack when you think it's convenient - and an example might be getting a 170P pack when you start out at full price, then wait a month or two months to get a discount login voucher and get a 1000P pack or similar - and DE makes the money at THAT point, ie, they already have your money weeks or months before you might even decide to actually spend it inside the game.

The market should not be viewed as your personal supermarket, it's there for convenience, not as the main source of stuff. If get unlucky one week you might go there and get the 1 Tellurium you are still short on to finish a gun, you don't go there and buy every resource needed, that would be insane.

The only real problem I see is that newer players might not instantly realize that when you make a few friends, getting a lot of gear in game is fairly easy, and might burn 225 Plat on a Latron on the market, not realizing that they can make one fairly easy with a 25K Credit blueprint and a week of casual play worth of basic resources and all from the low level planets.

Edited by DSpite

Ik it's the price for rushing but that price is still high. some people don't have the time or don't want to farm for the weapon or item so they buy it, but some of those who cant or dont want to farm also dont have much plat to spend on a weapon that costs 265p for example. so they won't buy it but at the same time they still want that weapon. this thread is to ask what people think about the market prices and whether they will be willing to buy more items if the prices were a bit more fair that's all. Market prices will probably stay the same because very few people talk about it so even if the devs see this thread or another, they will think it's a trivial issue and should not take any of their time. This was to see if I'm the only one who thinks the market prices need a fix.

Ok I've had a think about this and agree with you that the prices may be incorrect when you compare to the primed versions.

Overall I don't have a problem with the prices on the market, however what we do not have is synergy between the trade tab value of the prime version compared to the 'Market' value of the original version.

eg. I'm struggling to sell Soma Prime sets for 90p these days, so yes 265p for an original Soma does seem expensive.

There's a few if's butts and maybe's there (catalyst, free slot, cells, etc) but I'm thinking there may need to be some way that the market value of the original item reflects the value of the prime item.

Just not sure that's actually possible at all (?)