The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween Stuff?

Wario42

when exactly is halloween anyway? where I'm from we don't 'celebrate' it :/ 

Halloween is a modern interpretation of two separate feasts: "All Saints' Day", a feast celebrating the Christian saints, and the Gaelic end-of-harvest-season festival

The idea of the "costumes" is that evil spirits are restless and begin wandering that night. By disguising yourself either as a hero/saint or as a monster, you make yourself not a target

"Trick or Treat" is literally "give me candy or I'll pull a practical joke on this household". Naturally, the existence of modern police means that the threat isn't used at face value much anymore

Halloween is a modern interpretation of two separate feasts: "All Saints' Day", a feast celebrating the Christian saints, and the Gaelic end-of-harvest-season festival

The idea of the "costumes" is that evil spirits are restless and begin wandering that night. By disguising yourself either as a hero/saint or as a monster, you make yourself not a target

"Trick or Treat" is literally "give me candy or I'll pull a practical joke on this household". Naturally, the existence of modern police means that the threat isn't used at face value much anymore

That's why you gottah be good at the tricks yo.

Do stuff that won't ruin things, but makes something unpleasant. 

People are getting crafty with costumes though now. With all the make-up effects people are learning. Like the demon opened mouths down to their neck and fake stitched lips.

Halloween is the 2nd best holiday imo, as long as it's in the spirit of the holiday, and no one gets hurt. Then there's no worry of the police. 

In my neighborhood anyways.

My area is pretty much dead.

The one thing ruining halloween is the trick or treating before it gets dark. Like at 3pm. :L 

I know it's all in the good of safety, but it ruins the feeling

Haunted houses are always fun though. 

There's new ones coming out where you have to sign a waiver and the code word is mercy if you wanna leave.

All the workers dressed up as something demonic are allowed to touch/grab/shove/bite/etc 

There's this one where they lock you in a dark room alone for awhile, and it's only big enough to fit one person, so very claustrophobic. 

Edited by Vesiga