The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Infested Need A Serious Nerf

Ngozi98

Ok. Infested. Weakest fraction. Sure. 15 things should be changed/"tweaked":

1) A single Toxic Ancient at level 50 can pierce through shields and land an instant kill on you just by screaming. How nice.

2) Chargers - "Fast with weak claw attacks." Weak attacks my... Never-mind. Point is, a level 70 charger can do more than rip up your warframe. Or your squad. A single one could probably take down the Hek's Tera-Frame. Don't get my started on the Eximus. 

3) Ancient healers - Can reduce damage deal to protected allies. Fine. Seems like a pain, but fine. Real problem is that it heals them for damaging allies. Seems like something trinity need instead of Link. Steals status effects too. Only way around this is a radiation effect (Confusion) removing he healing effect and making enemies attack them! Only problem is, they take 75% less radiation damage

4) Ancient Disruptor - Oh look, someone who can steal all your energy in 1 hit. And if that isn't bad enough, all of his near by friends will drain a little enegry too. Have fun with the invisibility. "Not enough energy."

5) Swarm Moas - Although the damage isn't "that" much, it makes the screen too dark. I usually play at night, running ODD with a effeincty build on Volt Prime. Not so fun when you can't see thing.

6) Mutalist Ospreys - Damage over all isn't that bad, but fact that they fly around you is extremely tenacious. Worse than Oxium drones because they don't poison you after trying to melee them with Obex.

7) Leapers - Behavior of these little nublets is extremely annoying. Runs 10 meters away from you, jumps 12 meters and slams your head into the ground like Cena. 

8) Volatile Runners - The 99.999% chance of staggering is alittle annoying. One of them gets to close and that 2 second stagger is all it takes for a Toxic Ancient to scream at you. Teamwork for the win! ~High fives~

9) Toxic Crawlers - Oh, you wanna hit me? Allow me to poison and slowly eat away your hp. Honestly, they aren't that bad. I like em. Main problem is, I can't see the difference between them and Lobbers because they look the same. Well... Almost.

10) J-3 (And friends) - Apart from the fact that a giant warframe eating monster is flying in space and trying to zap you with seeking electric orbs that come from who-know-what, the 1738 ospreys helping him out deals more damage than the Golem him-self. Only reason why I solo'ed for my Atlas is because more players spawn more of these swarming little buggers.

11) Phorid - He's kinda slow. And not that strong. Until you get 1 hit killed by his heat seeking unavoidable spine strike. Also, he only spawns on Grineer (Asteroid) tittlesets, even on corpus planets. Almost makes me think that the infested were let out by the corpus to clear Grineer asteroids, only to become to powerful for them to exterminate themselves.

12) Juggernaut - Winner of the "Enemies of the Tenno" thingy. I don't know why. Maybe its because they can slow and damage everyone in the room, blast quills at you like a Drakgoon or because it takes under 100 damage from each attack.

13) Randomly armored enemies - Several infested spawn with and without armor randomly. Chargers and Mutalist MOAs is spesific, but Runners, leaper, and several crawlers seems to have armor too. Atleast healers don't have any. :D

14) Stacks of Heat/Toxic Eximus(es) - Ok, we all know that the best damage type Vs infested is what? Gas right? 2 pryo and 2 toxic eximuses can turn that gas damage to 0 damage. So much for gas based Ignis. ;-;

15) And lastly - Red Veil/Loka Death Squads; Because nothing says I hate you like being chased by 15 energy leaching armored 2 hit kill chargers/15 Healers than will posion you, burn you, steal your enegry and throw you around a basket ball.

And this DEs is why no one has bothered to complete Eris. Gg.

Toxics: Dont let them grab you or let them get close enough to you.

Chargers: Practice basic crowd control.

Healers: Kill on sight. Not shooting them? Youre doing it wrong.

Distruptors: Again, dont get close.

Swarm MOA's, Bugged. Darkening FX doesnt always leave when rolling off the nanoswarm.

Mutalist Ospreys: Shoot the damn things. Dont waste time or energy with melee.

Leapers: Thier knockdown is literally all they have going for them.

Volatile Runners: They die the instant they take damage from gunfire.

Toxic Crawlers: Kill at a distance.

Golem: Get a better gun, speed past all the ospreys and deliver a proctonomy to Golem before they catch up.

Phorid: Play a frame that has a defensive ability, like Trinity.

Juggernaut: Hit it while its attacking for best effect. Trinity's Link also helps out a ton for surviving its attacks.

Random armor: This is what Swarm MOA's do. They apply armor to other infested, and yes they can armor up an Ancient.

Eximus Aura stacking: Actually corrosive/fire is better on the whole, since the only Infested out there that can really take a hit are the heavies, and theyre all weak to corrosive, not gas. Additional fire damage is for the lights.

Red Fail/New Loka Death Squads: Distance yourself immeadiately as they spawn. For Red Fail stand on a box and pick them off. For New Loka, you dont even need to find a box.

All the factions get pretty hard at 70.

Grineer Napalms melt you,

bombards...we all know,

Ballista randomly quick scope you from the shadows and you go to the ground and start spinning looking for them even though you know,

you laugh at the butchers until they finally manage to hit you for the juicy one shot

heavy gunners spool up and just hope one shot lands to take you down

eviscerator slash procs all day

those damn drahk handlers 

scorpions reel you in to slap you once with her machete. 

corpus nullfiers...'nuff said. 

ospreys leaving those damn mines and pulse grenades

elite crew slash procs 

snipers constantly taking down my shields and usually low hp

sneaky shotgun guys waiting for you to run around the corner for easy kills. 

They all have some annoying enemies, thats why we have the tools to beat them. 

Literally half of these can be solved by paying attention to your surrounding, i can't even remember the last time i was disputed by an Ancient. And complaining level 50+ enemies kill you easily is baffling as that's why they're higher level.

I'm sorry OP, but, Get gud.

Edited by Buzkyl

well at runners: all they do is doing a suicide run on you with minimal damage, so the least thing they can do, is stagger you a little..

The difficulty of infested is ok til lvl 40 and there is no real reason to get past this anyway.

Try to find a build that works or just dont go to such a high level...

Nothing is as annoying as the infested for a player that prefers to hack and slash enemies.

I melee almost 100% of the time vs the infested and rarely ever die from it (If I did it was my fault for not paying attention). This includes high level infested and not using abilities to help me fend them off. It seems you have a decent amount of the knowledge on how to deal with infested, you just have to put it to use instead of asking for nerfs. Most problems stem from a lack of caution/preparation and the same goes when fighting the infested.

Truth be told, the infested are the easiest things to melee ingame.

Edited by Arcaedias

I melee almost 100% of the time vs the infested and rarely ever die from it (If I did it was my fault for not paying attention). This includes high level infested and not using abilities to help me fend them off. It seems you have a decent amount of the knowledge on how to deal with infested, you just have to put it to use instead of asking for nerfs. Most problems stem from a lack of caution/preparation and the same goes when fighting the infested.

Truth be told, the infested are the easiest things to melee ingame.

I 100% agree with this, infested are like a fly to melee players, you can shred than at any level, the only challenging enemies are when it's eximus because they usually have a ton of hp and armor

1) A single Toxic Ancient at level 50 can pierce through shields and land an instant kill on you just by screaming. How nice.

7) Leapers - Behavior of these little nublets is extremely annoying. Runs 10 meters away from you, jumps 12 meters and slams your head into the ground like Cena. 

11) Phorid - He's kinda slow. And not that strong. Until you get 1 hit killed by his heat seeking unavoidable spine strike. Also, he only spawns on Grineer (Asteroid) tittlesets, even on corpus planets. Almost makes me think that the infested were let out by the corpus to clear Grineer asteroids, only to become to powerful for them to exterminate themselves.

13) Randomly armored enemies - Several infested spawn with and without armor randomly. Chargers and Mutalist MOAs is spesific, but Runners, leaper, and several crawlers seems to have armor too. Atleast healers don't have any. :D

14) Stacks of Heat/Toxic Eximus(es) - Ok, we all know that the best damage type Vs infested is what? Gas right? 2 pryo and 2 toxic eximuses can turn that gas damage to 0 damage. So much for gas based Ignis. ;-;

- the scream is supposed to Telegraph it, but i definitely would prefer if they screamed for twice as long but did half as much Damage at any given moment.

because there isn't much interplay with 'oh you accidentally stood here at the wrong time, instant death'. should deal fairly significant Damage, but not just instantly Killing you.

- i fail to see a problem. a Trash Unit that can actually get the better of you if you're not paying attention.

- Grineer are the ones that resurrtected the Infestation. some Lore entries around or something like that explained that.

- it isn't random. Swarm MOA's give Infested an Armor Bonus. i.e. the Swarms Armor the Infested temporarily.

- Gas is a terrible Damage type vs Infested. the best Damage Types are Corrosive/Blast and Fire (Electricity is good if you have high Status rate for AoE Damage). Gas/Toxin are to be avoided at all costs.

50+ level enemies are supposed to give you a bit harder time. Most of the game is already too easy if you don´t intentionally take crappier gear with you.
Nerf is the word that comes last in to my mind. This game needs more difficulty options and more challenging gameplay rather than "nerf this and that", because reasons..

I love it when things start to go challenging and you really have to start to play the game. Usually at this point people scream in fear and run to the exit :D

50+ level enemies are supposed to give you a bit harder time. Most of the game is already too easy if you don´t intentionally take crappier gear with you.

Nerf is the word that comes last in to my mind. This game needs more difficulty options and more challenging gameplay rather than "nerf this and that", because reasons..

I love it when things start to go challenging and you really have to start to play the game. Usually at this point people scream in fear and run to the exit :D

Level 50 grineer are not near as annoying as level 50 infessed.

- the scream is supposed to Telegraph it, but i definitely would prefer if they screamed for twice as long but did half as much Damage at any given moment.

because there isn't much interplay with 'oh you accidentally stood here at the wrong time, instant death'. should deal fairly significant Damage, but not just instantly Killing you.

- i fail to see a problem. a Trash Unit that can actually get the better of you if you're not paying attention.

- Grineer are the ones that resurrtected the Infestation. some Lore entries around or something like that explained that.

- it isn't random. Swarm MOA's give Infested an Armor Bonus. i.e. the Swarms Armor the Infested temporarily.

- Gas is a terrible Damage type vs Infested. the best Damage Types are Corrosive/Blast and Fire (Electricity is good if you have high Status rate for AoE Damage). Gas/Toxin are to be avoided at all costs.

Have you never run in to a armored charger? If you haven't you probably don't play against infested enough. I remember my whole squad taking 5 mins to kill a level 60 (Armored) Parasitic Charger Eximus.

Level 50 grineer are not near as annoying as level 50 infessed.

Have you never run in to a armored charger? If you haven't you probably don't play against infested enough. I remember my whole squad taking 5 mins to kill a level 60 (Armored) Parasitic Charger Eximus.

3 hits from my full toxin Prisma skana....

Level 50 grineer are not near as annoying as level 50 infested.

Have you never run in to a armored charger? I remember my whole squad taking 5 mins to kill a level 60 (Armored) Parasitic Charger Eximus.

- subjective.

- everyone's run into an Armored everything, as Swarm MOA's don't discriminate the Allies they give an Armor Bonus except for Ancients.

Edited by taiiat

Literally half of these can be solved by paying attention to your surrounding, i can't even remember the last time i was disputed by an Ancient. And complaining level 50+ enemies kill you easily is baffling as that's why they're higher level.

I'm sorry OP, but, Get gud.

Oh. You guys again. The weird people with eyes on every side of their heads. 

Stop the White Knighting, already.

While I do not support the idea of nerfing anything at level 50 - 70 (or even having them in the game in the first place; seriously, WHY do enemies level this high at all) the Infested are a problem.

You CANNOT stop a grapple that comes from BEHIND you because you were busy with enemies IN FRONT of you. Likewise, you cannot stop a grapple or other knockdown effect that ignores terrain and comes from a walkway ABOVE you, through the ground, where it shouldnt even be able to see or reach you in the first place. Even blocking wont help you if you cannot SEE the enemy first. 

Of course, you could dodge. If you werent stuck in endless pools of goop shot from across the map onto your position. Or snatched out of mid air during aim glide or bullet jump. Where, you know, enemies are supposed to have a harder time aiming at you. 

There are tons of scenarios wherein enemies grapple, slow or knock you down that are simply UNAVOIDABLE. Not to mention, the cheap tactic of shield-piercing auras that just...damage health or drain energy. 

There is nothing FUN about these mechanics. They are NOT ENJOYABLE. Do you get that yet? All of you people with your 'git gud' comments who have never seen a spelling book before really need to just stop. Its not about how good (i think that's the word you're TRYING to spell) people are.

Its about the fact that these mechanics do not make for a fun, ENJOYABLE player experience. And that is why sane, reasonable people play games. To have fun.

You CANNOT stop a grapple that comes from BEHIND you because you were busy with enemies IN FRONT of you. Likewise, you cannot stop a grapple or other knockdown effect that ignores terrain and comes from a walkway ABOVE you, through the ground, where it shouldnt even be able to see or reach you in the first place. Even blocking wont help you if you cannot SEE the enemy first.

Warframe isn't a first person shooter. It's a third person shooter. Either keep your back against a wall, or keep spinning in circles. Sky, limit, git, gud, etc.