[DE]Rebecca

Developer Workshop: Saryn Ability Rework

nice, Saryn will be a popular choice again. Her skills should have good synergy now.

• Upvote 4

First? do i win now?

Damn you Issun135 XD

I like the sound of it.

So we need to go Contagion, Molt, Venom the Molt, then miasma, and BOOM, everything dies, due to the 300%+ damage miasma, that now has MORE damage.

I'm intrigued to find out how Negative duration will affect Saryn. I hope it'll still allow use of this synergy of abilities, perhaps working more for just pure damage, and less for utility procs (so both are feasable at high level)

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Upvote 2

umm..so basically this frame will be similar to Excalibur's type correct?

Exalted blade-combines all powers

Molt-combines all powers..

I hope she becomes more of a consistent dmg frame....not a frame that does a huge damage in one burst...but then again...that's ember....wait...idk what i am saying anymore.

Edited by Magnulast

I'll almost certainly enjoy this rework, thanks DE.

(eagerly awaits watching my enemies die slow, and painful deaths...)

Also if you're like me and you've built your Saryn for Negative Duration to the maximum, I'll be trying some different builds/same builds on the Test environment like I did on the Devstream. I should have them up for viewing early next week if you're eager to take a look before you get your hands on the changes! If you have build requests, quote this with a screenshot of the build. I will accommodate what I can.

• Upvote 63

This is exactly what I was looking for! wow cannot even believe it, word for word this is what me and my clan have been describing to each other,  Saryn  got her groove back!

I'd say rhino needs some more.... dare I say..... interesting abilities. Definately more audio and visual feedback from using powers

ex: roar makes the screen shake a bit blur at the edges a bit for everyone buffed - just an example, cant stress that enough

• Upvote 2

I'm not a Saryn player but provided it makes her more interesting and really does push away from the whole 'S4ryn press 4 spam' playstyle she majorly has.

Edited by Naith
  • Upvote 3

This sounds way more fun than nuking everything with one ability.

inb4 complaints

Edited by AdunSaveMe

not a frame that does a huge damage in one burst...

She's already like this.

• Upvote 6

The one thing I'm worried about is how much casting Saryn has to do. Can she get a larger energy pool like Chroma? She's also really slow for a snake-like striker that's supposed to spread disease through a crowd. . . 

• Upvote 31

Contagion - can it be applied to all weapons and not only melee ?

• Upvote 24

Eh, Venom's problem is how gimmicky it is, having to pop 'loons on enemies, why not just have it on kill like a much smaller scale MPrime.

Contagion isn't used often because of it effecting only melee. Another thing of note is that there are only two options to gain health with her, lifestrike or regen molt. With gauranteed proc and lifestrike, ticks MAY (not fully sure) eat up all her energy.

Step in the right direction but really shouldn't focus on melee so much.

Edited by TheLocalHentai
  • Upvote 9

Eh, Venom's problem is how gimmicky it is, having to pop 'loons on enemies, why not just have it on kill like a much smaller scale MPrime.

Spores get instantly popped if you have Contagion running.

• Upvote 3

Seems promising. 

Also, to clarify, Miasma is stated to do 100% more for a Viral or Toxin Proc. Is this 'if inflicted' or is this so long as at least one of these in effect? Cause in theory that's potentially 200% damage if you're throwing out the above together. As I enjoy using Saryn for...well...making things suffer (I like DoT...) this could get an amusing kind of silly. Safe to assume it's not going to be Per Proc on the Toxin front, what with Toxin stacking?

And, with regards to the change to Contagion, so it scales with the state of your modded melee, will this also have an effect on the Contagion Cloud Augment? IE: Does Contagion Cloud draw from this damage model or is it going to remain somewhat...underwhelming?

Apologies for perhaps going on, main things that stick out to me at present.

Seems promising. 

Also, to clarify, Miasma is stated to do 100% more for a Viral or Toxin Proc. Is this 'if inflicted' or is this so long as at least one of these in effect? Cause in theory that's potentially 200% damage if you're throwing out the above together. As I enjoy using Saryn for...well...making things suffer (I like DoT...) this could get an amusing kind of silly. Safe to assume it's not going to be Per Proc on the Toxin front, what with Toxin stacking?

And, with regards to the change to Contagion, so it scales with the state of your modded melee, will this also have an effect on the Contagion Cloud Augment? IE: Does Contagion Cloud draw from this damage model or is it going to remain somewhat...underwhelming?

Apologies for perhaps going on, main things that stick out to me at present.

It'll probably just check if there's any kind of toxin proc on an enemy, and if so, +100% damage. No bonuses for each stack of toxin procs, only get credit for one.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou a thousand times. These changes totally exceeded my expectations.

Looks promising...

We need a lot more Developer workshops! It's what the Design Council is for : we've been chosen thanks to our previous feedback.

Why don't you use this for your before-release stuff more?!!

That'll save you the time going again,fixing things the community didn't like! That'll save you the time spent trying to understand if the community needs/wants it.That'll save you the time spent predicting what the possible flaws in a wide audience your new things would have...

We currently just vote for names,augments & contest winners... Not much of an involvement if you ask me.

Why don't you make DC threads like "Hey what do you think we can do to improve Dark Sectors?", "Hey what do you think we can do to improve Stealth?" "Hey how can we make you feel like playing Archwing more often?", "What should endgame be for our community?", "How can we destroy the Warfarm reputation?", etc...

Edited by unknow99
  • Upvote 6