Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future Of Forma Seems Predictable.

7grims

Exilus slots destroyed allot of builds

I LOL'd long and hard at this. How did giving you an extra free slot destroy any builds?

If you want different loadouts on a frame, and using the Exilus slot is requiring enough forma to limit diversity, grab a second of the same frame. It's called specialization, and it's common in video games. I hope they don't change it.

but i cant wait to hear what they have prepared both changes and reimbursments

Hope they don't give reimbursements, one of the many things we invested was time, to re-level those frames over and over after each forma.

I LOL'd long and hard at this. How did giving you an extra free slot destroy any builds?

If you want different loadouts on a frame, and using the Exilus slot is requiring enough forma to limit diversity, grab a second of the same frame. It's called specialization, and it's common in video games. I hope they don't change it.

oh man my wish is having time to be in front of the pc all day.

I don't see the issue, really.  People are just fighting far too hard for a 'free' slot.  Can't we just say 'mission accomplished' DE listened, and now we can put mods we WEREN'T GOING TO USE originally... onto our frames?

It's optional.

You don't 'NEED' it.

If you want it?  Forma it a bit more, otherwise ignore it.

I see this problem in the same way I see the issue of mandatory mods for weapons.

We also have mandatory mods for frames, there is a little selection of mods that all players will use for achieving meta.

And by doing this allot of mods are being ignored and put aside.

Wile the weapons will have a big rework, for build diversity to be an actual thing, frames got 1 lousy slot.

I dont even want that slot, would rather see the same weapon mod system fix be made for frames too.

Cause I would rather mod my frame with mobility mods, and whatever little effects and bonus here and there, rather then constantly equipping the usual suspects: shields/health/armor and/or range/duration/strength and/or efficiency/energy-capacity, which are the mandatory no-brainer mods we use over and over. The kind of stuff the exilus slot only improved very slightly.

An equal mod system rework needs to happen for frames, whatever it involves the exilus slot or not, or how, that is beyond me.

But by now I'm sure the topic of this tread is diverging way too much.

thats not a solution, thats just more grind and leveling added, is like something that DE would come up with.

Which is exactly why the former would be right up their alley. Players could have their freedom with polarities but would have to use 2-3x as many Forma, likely resulting in players shelling out more plat.

Not sure how the latter would count as more grind though, as a universal polarity would simplify things vastly (which is also why, nice as it would be, I couldn't see the Devs implementing such a thing).

best solution is once u lvl wepon up on rank 30 or frame.. u can forma slots without penalty to lvl wepon or frame again..

Imo if we put on a forma and grind the item to 30 again, we should be able to change that polarity at will. We can swap polarity locations which was a great addition but I really think it needs to go further. I have spent the forma and grinded it so I should be able to change it however I want imo...yea.

Edited by fizbit

Exhilius slot did nothing for me. Why? Because I realised I'd have to forma every frame just to get a use out of it. For what? mods I never used before anyway.

I have had to blow 100+ plat so far to open that slot on other frames since evidently once past the first free one...I have to pay plat; I cannot redo that quest apparently. Working as intended I guess.

Anyways, the reason I unlocked this is because I can run hand spring now along with my optimal builds; it's a god send in higher level content where one single grab, KD, etc can mean a quick and unavoidable death. I also had to dump 1-2 forma on these frames and grind these again (more inc) in order to even fit that mod.

Edited by fizbit

Tell me more O' Prophet of Profit.

^

Yeah I didn't see any of my builds get destroyed by this.

It kind of let me throw Rush and Handspring into some frames and I decided to re-forma one or two so I could get some more mod points.

Destroyed things ?

Hardly ..

Kind of a bleak generalization there.

I have the same setup on every frame. 2 of each polarity. I still have space left for the exolus mods if I put the right aura on, and some even if I don't. How can a completely nonessential system kill build diversity? You can simply opt out of using it, because doing so does not take away anything strictly essential.

I just think Polarizing a slot should come with its own intrinsic stat bonuses for just being Polarized.

Like maybe a Madurai-polarized slot would very slightly improve the damage on a weapon, or a Vazarin slot would add 1% to Critical Chance, or maybe a Naramon slot increase Status chance by 1%.

Eh, stuff.

Getting mighty tired of having to regrind and blow forma whenever they decided to change stuff around. Also when they do 'compensation', DE never ever considers what happens to forma on weapons/frames. They have only given cores; never refund on the credits spent nor compensation for all the forma you gotta change. Indeed it is predictable, when ever these sweeping changes come I know I will have to spend lots of plat and grind like a dog just to adapt. Excuse me if I don't get excited.

That isn't true. We were refunded forma when they removed power mod cards and integrated powers into leveling.

I have had to blow 100+ plat so far to open that slot on other frames since evidently once past the first free one...I have to pay plat; I cannot redo that quest apparently. Working as intended I guess.

Anyways, the reason I unlocked this is because I can run hand spring now along with my optimal builds; it's a god send in higher level content where one single grab, KD, etc can mean a quick and unavoidable death. I also had to dump 1-2 forma on these frames and grind these again (more inc) in order to even fit that mod.

Simaris gives exhilus blueprints.

Edited by xRufus7x

We have received 3 built for free so far.

Simaris sells BPs to make more (though there's a hell of a grind there - 50k Rep, 2 Forma, an Argon Crystal)

1 - Exilus slots destroyed allot of builds, forcing players to overcharge frames with formas.

Build diversity was killed, so many formas restrain players from being able to try out or use several builds.

Conclave builds compatibility was never a thing, the mods or polaraties you use in PVE arent the same as PVP, so when you forma a frame to optimize it, it becomes less and less compatible with the mods viable or used in PVP. The existence of exilus slots just increased this incompatibility problem.

(I know the the band-aid known as exilus slot also provoked many other problems, but its not worth mentioning for this topic) 

Exilus slots don't destroy the current builds, baked Abilities did. Exilus actually augments Warframes more extensively.

There is a point surprisingly many people here have missed, and has been touched only once or twice so far in this topic.

I see no issue "diversity" wise with Forma. The purpose of Forma is to allow for diversity to fulfill the player's satisfactions. No more, no less. If we're talking about how it impacts diversity, that topic is more directed toward the "essential" mods needed for most weapons and frames.

Exilus slots and forma alone are not major issues, though the requirements to keep grinding them out each and every time however are.

Think it's easy? Throw this at a new player interested in getting the two:

YN6H1X0.png

D1FxOaE.png

The requirements for the exilus mod adapter slot has been (since its released) outrageous, as well as the means of producing forma over time. The requirements may not appear much at first if investing in only 1 - 2 of each, but even then the resources can easily add up. This is assuming the player wants to build these items WITHOUT the use of plat.

But what if they want to use plat to rush their items? From the time at which they spend this platinum, or go through the hellish journey to actually gather all the resources and put it the potential (hours, if not days) of effort to gather these items, to create a "permanent" layout for a weapon to maximize, only to have it either nerfed or in some way altered in the future, what compensation will DE give that player? They're left starting back from square 1 again all due to even the slightest of changes to their gear. And they cannot be reimbursed any platinum spent, they will be given back no resources, no credits, not even the forma itself.

Not to mention the EXP grind of leveling the weapon again one would need to go through...

Edited by Prime-Ares

I just feel like if you use 2 forma to make a thing, it should at least come with some kind of polarity, or have no drain on polarity. It makes sense. Utility mods have drain and polarity so that you can use them on any frame when you start out, but after a while once you become better, you unlock the slot and you essentially free up a slot for another mod. (that said, Ive always felt it should be locked behind the quest to get said utility slot)

Just use the Syndicate solution for polarities.  Want to change an existing polarity (only those created by forma), pony up 50k rep for a Forma Calibrator.  

This build diversity nonsense though...  I have little problem changing builds around with max primed mods.  Do people have frames with 6 V's or something?

There is a point surprisingly many people here have missed, and has been touched only once or twice so far in this topic.

I see no issue "diversity" wise with Forma. The purpose of Forma is to allow for diversity to fulfill the player's satisfactions. No more, no less. If we're talking about how it impacts diversity, that topic is more directed toward the "essential" mods needed for most weapons and frames.

Exilus slots and forma alone are not major issues, though the requirements to keep grinding them out each and every time however are.

Think it's easy? Throw this at a new player interested in getting the two:

YN6H1X0.png

D1FxOaE.png

The requirements for the exilus mod adapter slot has been (since its released) outrageous, as well as the means of producing forma over time. The requirements may not appear much at first if investing in only 1 - 2 of each, but even then the resources can easily add up. This is assuming the player wants to build these items WITHOUT the use of plat.

But what if they want to use plat to rush their items? From the time at which they spend this platinum, or go through the hellish journey to actually gather all the resources and put it the potential (hours, if not days) of effort to gather these items, to create a "permanent" layout for a weapon to maximize, only to have it either nerfed or in some way altered in the future, what compensation will DE give that player? They're left starting back from square 1 again all due to even the slightest of changes to their gear. And they cannot be reimbursed any platinum spent, they will be given back no resources, no credits, not even the forma itself.

Not to mention the EXP grind of leveling the weapon again one would need to go through...

Exhilus is for min maxers and the rep to get the blueprints from Simaris is high. A low level player will have a lot of time between getting blueprints because of the way rep is capped and an experienced player will have or be able to get these resources easily.

Exilus's were aimed at players who have resources coming out the wazoo.

Seriously if you're complaining about the resource costs, you're not the target market.

Check through the forums as there's guy with hundreds of each rare item, as well as catalysts and forma's .. to them spending a couple to make something means nothing other then the time it takes to make it.

Don't get me wrong I don't have resources to spare like that !!

But I happily bought my Exilus slots for 20p each 'cause that's cheap and you only need to buy it once for a frame .. plus not all your frames need it.

The concept of making an Exilus is pretty much foreign to me, I simply wouldn't bother. I look at the frame, work out if it's worth it, and then pick up an Exilus for 20p from the market, install, apply and enjoy.

Actually what the Exilus did do is get me to play all my frames again and forma some of them, so then I had more fun ranking them up again.

Exilus's were aimed at players who have resources coming out the wazoo.

Seriously if you're complaining about the resource costs, you're not the target market.

Check through the forums as there's guy with hundreds of each rare item, as well as catalysts and forma's .. to them spending a couple to make something means nothing other then the time it takes to make it.

Don't get me wrong I don't have resources to spare like that !!

But I happily bought my Exilus slots for 20p each 'cause that's cheap and you only need to buy it once for a frame .. plus not all your frames need it.

The concept of making an Exilus is pretty much foreign to me, I simply wouldn't bother. I look at the frame, work out if it's worth it, and then pick up an Exilus for 20p from the market, install, apply and enjoy.

Actually what the Exilus did do is get me to play all my frames again and forma some of them, so then I had more fun ranking them up again.

Agreed. It is 100% possible to play any frame without the Exilus slot. Handspring is nice, but avoiding knockdowns should be a priority anyway. Parkour mods are sweet, but you can move pretty quickly with the base distances anyway. Antitoxin? Warm Coat? Never used anyway.

If anything DE should make it so that using a Forma on an Exilus slot gives a universal halved drain, because there are several different polarities for the mods you may want to slot in there and there's only slot for it..

Exilus did nothing to break our builds.

Most of the time you only spend a whopping 1 to 2 forma.

Anyhow my favourite Exilus mods are always (-) because Handspring and Rush woot.

So I just add it in the (-) if i got the spare points.

Weapons, I will just let it slide. 

Edited by fatpig84

prestige meaning when you forma it increases the base damage of the weapon. obviously having a limit to amount of forma.

keep forma- polarizing

ADD a prestige forma- increases base damage with each prestige level

Nobody has responded, and I feel I should rectify that. 

I doubt they would do that EVER. In fact, I can say, with nearly 100% confidence, they wouldn't do something so silly. The point of warframe, is the modding system, that's what makes it unique. [DE]Scott has said he will be making weapons improve with levels, so when a weapon reaches level 30 it will get better. The point of warframe, isn't to have flat damage increases. 

Everything is a grind, everything requires farm, if you could put on forma to give you free damage after levelling a weapon, everything would scale infinitely.