Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future Of Forma Seems Predictable.

7grims

thats not a solution, thats just more grind and leveling added, is like something that DE would come up with.

I disagree. You don't need to forma-up weapons or frames past 3 or 4 (rarely 5) formas to get to its theoretical maximum power or utility, being able to get all polarities on all slots would just be a completionists mission, or a labor of love for a weapon or frame that a player really, really likes.

It also helps players cope with the (sometimes sweeping) changes mods occasionally go through... like, you know, the one that's about to happen?

I feel like there is a lot of panic in this thread about the possibility of a lot of investment going to waste (whether its resources or time) but its just that: panic. On the topic of warframes I have only put forma in 4 warframes, I think. And that was to add a couple of aura polarities and a couple of V's otherwise they really don't need warframes so long as you match polarities with the aura.

Now the bigger topic is weapons and I have spent bucket loads of forma on weapons (most notable my 6-forma Sybaris). However, melee weapons have never received forma from me so that eliminates about 1/3 of weapons that you'd have to rank up again. As for secondaries I know that there are a couple of weapons I wouldn't re-forma simply because, while at the time I forma'd them I really enjoyed them, I've gotten better weapons I like more. Primaries are another matter as I have on average 4 forma in them, which is a good investment of time but you can easily sell a couple of mods for 40plat and buy an affinity booster and if you take only 2 weapons into a Draco with a full group you can get that stuff ranked up in one go.

More grinding but not nessecarily as terrible as a lot of people make it out to be. The biggest problem with forma, in my opinion and I've thought this since I first started using forma, is that you can only build one at a time (also a problem with detonate injectors, mutagens, and fieldrons). Easy fix for this would be to reduce the build time so you could build more in a day or allow us to build multiple ones at a time. Considering how many things need forma (polarizing, building clan-tech weapons, domo and now 2 forma for building exilus adapters) we should be able to produce more forma. I've got at least 20 forma blueprints backlogged which means everyday for the next month I'm going to be starting up a new forma which is the most tedious and annoying part of this whole process I think.

As for build diversity, and I'll touch on this only briefly, there will ALWAYS be a gold standard. While I appreciate DE wanting to open up build diversity and the options we have available to us (plus I really like the idea of the weapons actually improving in stats from rank 1 to rank 30) there will just be a new set of mods that are considered 'ideal' and 'must-have' for high tier content. That is just a fact with almost every game in existence barring fighting games. You may get rid of the serration/split chamber/heavy cap or hornet strike/barrel diffusion/lethal torrent meta but it WILL be replaced by an a/b/c or d/e/f meta once we all get a hang of how the new system works.

As for build diversity, and I'll touch on this only briefly, there will ALWAYS be a gold standard. While I appreciate DE wanting to open up build diversity and the options we have available to us (plus I really like the idea of the weapons actually improving in stats from rank 1 to rank 30) there will just be a new set of mods that are considered 'ideal' and 'must-have' for high tier content. That is just a fact with almost every game in existence barring fighting games. You may get rid of the serration/split chamber/heavy cap or hornet strike/barrel diffusion/lethal torrent meta but it WILL be replaced by an a/b/c or d/e/f meta once we all get a hang of how the new system works.

This is kinda true.

I wonder how meta expanding will be stopped.

Even though these upcoming changes promise that we wont need or want damage mods.

How long will it last, until the players set that the new meta is a minimum of 60 waves of T4 defense, or a minimum of 60 minutes of T4 survival.

Making all the damage mods required again, to achieve that new meta.

I do trust DE will make good changes. But is hard to foresee how the damage mods will be "gimped" in a way they don't maintain their superior usefulness.

Edited by 7grims

Unless they completely remove all sorts of damage mods then they're always going to be an option. I think the plan is to completely remove base damage mods but I'm unsure. In a game that is basically about constantly getting better gear and improving your stats its going to be hard to stop certain builds from cropping up that are considered the best for any particular situation. That's the nature of MMO-like games. Simple as that.

Another solution would be to make Exilus slots have no drain. 

This is what I thought was going to be the case when they released the exilus mods,  I was honestly pretty disappointed with the decision otherwise.  2 extra forma's on all 23 (?) frames is HUGE and frankly kinda dumb.  Plus, as mentioned, you're now forced to put a specific set of mods on those once open slots, thus cutting diversity even more.  Isn't DE constantly talking about how they want to improve build diversity?  Seems like a step backwards.

This is what I thought was going to be the case when they released the exilus mods,  I was honestly pretty disappointed with the decision otherwise.  2 extra forma's on all 23 (?) frames is HUGE and frankly kinda dumb.  Plus, as mentioned, you're now forced to put a specific set of mods on those once open slots, thus cutting diversity even more.  Isn't DE constantly talking about how they want to improve build diversity?  Seems like a step backwards.

25 +/- 11 Primes, 4-5+ Warframes in the works over the coming months.

Est 30-40 possible, depending on if (for some reason) you wanted to keep prime + non prime for some reason.

That said, of the 3 Exilus Adapters I have received, I've felt the need to apply it to a single warframe (my Limbo) and it required one additional Forma (3 total) to comfortably fit it in, meaning I have 2 available if I ever feel the need again.

It's an option not a requirement.

It doesn't force a thing, it doesn't prohibit diversity, and basically all of the Exilus Mod options are 'nice to have's', rather than necessities, meaning it's entirely up to you.

I mean, look at the Mod options:

Firewalker

Lightning Dash

Ice Spring

Toxic Flight

Patagium

Master Thief

Handspring

Rending Turn

Battering Maneuver

Rush

Thief's Wit

Mobilise

Sure Footed

Heavy Impact

Piercing Step

Retribution

Aviator

Enemy Sense

Shock Absorbers

Maglev

Warm Coat

Intruder

I mainly use it for Thief's Wit tbh.

If not, I'd likely use an elemental or base damage Bullet Jump mod.

Rush and Enemy Sense will also be helpful for some people / frames.

I've debated using Intruder for my Spy Limbo build, but I've never really failed a hack anyway, makign it near pointless to bother...

So that's what... 4-5 useful, but not required Exilus Mods (10-11 if you count each Parkour damage mod seperately, but they're all basically the same, just which damage it causes)

That said, they are very expensive in-game terms for what they do.

Requiring 40+ Plats worth of resources, for a 20plat item is... silly, never mind the time requirements vs what it actually does.

And I still stand that a Forma'd slots polarity should be changeable for a nominal fee without resetting the levels. (Again, likely 10-50 thousand Credits, with an Arsenal Upgrade Segment)

Edited by DarkOvion