Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogbanje - Changeling Frame(<3)

AnOldAlias

Ogbanje(Temporary, I'm not sure of a name).

Changeling Frame.

I sadly don't have a description for this Frame as of yet, though the Wiki article that gave me inspirations for this is here, warning, its a bit depressing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogbanje

The generalized idea, though, is of a Frame who is technically immortal. Repeatedly dieing and coming back to life, to constantly cause grief and pain to the enemy, while using the enemy against themselves.

That stats are as follows:
All the Power things(Efficiency, Strength, Range, and Duration) are all at 100%, as per-usual.
Efficiency, though, affects how much health his abilities take from him, instead of Energy.

Sprint Speed is at 1.20
Shields are at 100 at unranked.
Health is at 300 at unranked.
Armor is at 550.
Energy is at 0. Ogbanje's abilities use Health as his power resource. I'm not sure as to the health costs yet, either. This is a general concept.

DEFAULT POLARITIES ARE: 1 Madurai(Offensive) AND 1 Vazarin(Defensive). Aura is Vazarin(Defensive).

NOTE: I'm not sure how health increases over ranking up, so 300 may be a bit much for unranked. But you'll see why I put it as that.

The abilities I had in mind are as follows. I haven't come up with any names, though.

1) Ogbanje places a Iyi-uwa(Or, technically, a Phylactery) where you're aiming. By placing this Phylactery, your health starts to drain by (#Insert Numbers here per rank) per second(Further Reduced by Power Strength).
The ability itself costs nothing. The Phylactery lasts forever, until you die, that is. With each death you have while the/a Phylactery is up, the damage/drain you take while it is up increases by 25%. You cannot go below 100HP from the Phylactery's damage/drain. EDIT: You revive from this phylactery at no revive cost, I forgot to add this in.

2) Ogbanje charges towards an enemy, grabbing them as he attempts to assimilate his opponent into himself. As he does this, he can continue charging forward using the unit as a ramming/meat shield.
If the enemy is killed during the charging process(From enemies or just in general)/is killed on impact, the enemy's maximum health pool is added onto Ogbanje's, rapidly deteriorating/decaying. The damage done by this ability is scaled on how much an enemy's health is(by a percentage), the percentage is increased by Power Strength.

3) Obanje pulls an enemy towards himself, assimilating himself INTO the target(not the other way around, like the above ability). Obanje recieves the same stats as the character he is controlling(as well as appearances), as well as Obanje uses the weapons the enemy he is controlling possessed(He is technically in stealth at this point, as well. Only alerts enemies if he attacks).
All abilities that drain or take health from Obanje are taken from the target instead/are split inbetween Obanje and the target. Obanje can re-toggle the ability to attempt to discharge from the target, if the target isn't killed from discharging then Obanje gets out of the enemy with damage done to the target. If the enemy is killed from discharging, the enemy explodes in a shower of bone and blood, damaging all enemies in a (?)M radius.

4) Obanje pulls in all enemies in a (?)M radius(Maximum of 10?), twisting and forming them into his own body. Obanje becomes an amalgamation of armor and flesh(You take an added health and armor pool of all the enemies you assimilated), his arms formed into sharp and twisted blades as he becomes Melee-Only, with a radiation-spit attack that can be used from Primary Mouse(Left) button.
This ability drains health(You can die from this/die from the drain, unlike your first ability, if you die from this all enemies you took into your form are expelled), but each melee kill heals Obanje for a (Insert % here) of health. Untoggling the ability expels all enemies around Obanje, with a radial damage AOE.

A bit long to read, my apologies for that. Please do read, though. c: I'd appreciate it!

As I said, I don't know any names for the abilities as of yet. But those are the generalized idea's of them.

May I ask what you all think? c:
<3

Edited by Nelizar

An interesting concept, overall. I think there should be more frames with health-cost abilities.

You should think about how powers synergize though.

First ability - should probably be limited by range somehow. Either increasing the drain every X meters from the phylactery or just by stopping the ability. 

Decent ability for safe berserkin'.

Second ability - Decent idea for mobility, and percentage of max health is always a good thing for damage. The health buff might be a bit overpowered, the further you go. Then again, depends on how the decay is set up.

Allows frame to get in and get a big meaty health buff.

Third ability - May be annoying depending on how the controllable enemies are limited. Probably hard to implement, and atop of that - a bit too similar to the second.

Fourth ability - not sure how it would work ingame. Ogbanje goes all Prototype and absorbs the enemies around? I think it'd be better as a sort-of hysteria, with wide range and percentage damage bonus, but rising price and heal only on killing.

An interesting concept, overall. I think there should be more frames with health-cost abilities.

You should think about how powers synergize though.

First ability - should probably be limited by range somehow. Either increasing the drain every X meters from the phylactery or just by stopping the ability.

Decent ability for safe berserkin'.

Second ability - Decent idea for mobility, and percentage of max health is always a good thing for damage. The health buff might be a bit overpowered, the further you go. Then again, depends on how the decay is set up.

Allows frame to get in and get a big meaty health buff.

Third ability - May be annoying depending on how the controllable enemies are limited. Probably hard to implement, and atop of that - a bit too similar to the second.

Fourth ability - not sure how it would work ingame. Ogbanje goes all Prototype and absorbs the enemies around? I think it'd be better as a sort-of hysteria, with wide range and percentage damage bonus, but rising price and heal only on killing.

I definitely agree with you on that. Though the Frames themselves would have to make sense when it comes to Health-Cost instead of Energy for abilities.

Hmm. It was a bit of a rough mockup, nothing to intense. I sort of let the idea's flow as I was writing. xD

First Ability -- I'd imagine adding a type of 'barrier' limiting movement outside of the Phylactery's range could work. You can keep recasting it as much as you like, though the more you cast it, it keeps damaging you. Does that sound like a plausible fix?

That it is, yes!

Second Ability -- Well, it'd decay by about 5-10% per second. So at around 10 seconds all the health you got from absorbing said enemy would be gone. That ain't to long, I don't think.

Definitely! Gotta love all the buffs~

Third Ability -- Well, the only limitations are the weapon you use(Since you'll be taking control of them, you'll use their weapon). You still get to use all of your abilities, it'll just part some of the damage onto who/what you're attached to. But, yeh. It does make sense as to what you're saying. What do you think could fit for the third ability?

Fourth Ability -- It'd be in, technicality, a bit of a Prototype-esque thing. From the description of the ability, doesn't it already do that in technicality? Of course it has its unique quirks, which I personally do like. Though I am a bit biased in the fact that this is my favorite ability. xD

<3

Edited by Nelizar