Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Launch + Faq!

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, (PS4)JudgeDred83 said:

Can someone please explain to me why Consoles dont have access to Steam Gear such as Syandanas, Skins, and Helms? We would really like to have access to these items as well.

In order for DE to get the items onto consoles, they have to get agreements from both Sony and Microsoft to enable the creators to earn their share of the profits from consoles. They also need a non-steam system for storing tax info from other countries as well as keeping track of sales and automated payments.

Ok, so with that being said. Is there something in the works to make this happen? Because there is truly a huge demand for said items and another way for the persons who develop these items to get huge exposer and profits. I for one hope that there would be something in the works to see this happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Steam, but I don't play Warframe on Steam (I use the Client). I can create a new account on Steam, if necessary (and approved) . My question is, do I need Warframe on Steam in order to use Tennogen and create / submit content - or is it separate? Can I react work on Steam and submit it giving the credit to my PC Client account? If we HAVE TO use Steam, then we should be allowed to have multiple accounts - I don't want to jeopardize my 3 year old account, and shouldn't have to.

Just now, magusat999 said:

I have Steam, but I don't play Warframe on Steam (I use the Client). I can create a new account on Steam, if necessary (and approved) . My question is, do I need Warframe on Steam in order to use Tennogen and create / submit content - or is it separate? Can I react work on Steam and submit it giving the credit to my PC Client account? If we HAVE TO use Steam, then we should be allowed to have multiple accounts - I don't want to jeopardize my 3 year old account, and shouldn't have to.

You can link your account on steam

And yes, you have to use steam to upload and use Tennogen.

Just now, KJRenz said:

You can link your account on steam

And yes, you have to use steam to upload and use Tennogen.

Okay I get the "Link " part. The other part - I have Steam (and about a million games), I play on PC. Can i upload without Steam's version of Warframe? Is Tennogen independent of Steam Warframe, or do you need to have both? I'm also wondering what the consequences of "linking your account" are... Trying to stay away from more overlays as much as possible.

56 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Okay I get the "Link " part. The other part - I have Steam (and about a million games), I play on PC. Can i upload without Steam's version of Warframe? Is Tennogen independent of Steam Warframe, or do you need to have both? I'm also wondering what the consequences of "linking your account" are... Trying to stay away from more overlays as much as possible.

You HAVE to have steam in order to upload, use and create Tennogen items. There is no independent version.

There are no consequences to linking your account.

Just now, KJRenz said:

You HAVE to have steam in order to upload, use and create Tennogen items. There is no independent version.

There are no consequences to linking your account.

I'm not asking if I need to have steam. I already stated I have Steam. I am asking if I need to install the Steam Version of Warframe in order to use Tennogen for creation (not buying).

On 4/29/2016 at 1:45 PM, magusat999 said:

I'm not asking if I need to have steam. I already stated I have Steam. I am asking if I need to install the Steam Version of Warframe in order to use Tennogen for creation (not buying).

Short answer yes

pretty much the easiest way to go about this (the way I did it) is install warframe through steam then launch it and log in you will be prompted to link your currently logged in warframe account with your currently logged in steam account click Yes

bam now you have access to tennogen items from the steam workshop now whenever you want to buy somethings from tennogen log into your steam/warframe and when you go to the market in the top right corner next to prime access you will see the steam logo click on that and it will show you all the tennogen items and how much they cost

if you don't like playing warframe with steam you still have your standalone client you can log in on and you can stil use your tennogen items you bought however if you ever want to buy others you will have to log in through your steam downloaded warframe

On 4/29/2016 at 9:45 PM, magusat999 said:

The Tennogen item submissions are through Steam. Since the payments to the creators are not in Platinum, I don't imagine that you'll need a Steam-linked Warframe to submit entries, although a dev will need to answer the question specifically.

You can sync your existing Warframe account to a Steam account if that's what has you concerned.

If you are asking purely if you have to have a Steam version of WF installed, and nothing to do with accounts, then I can't tell you, but you can just check and see if you have access to the Tennogen workshop. Try clicking the upload button (wherever it is), and see if it throws up an error message.

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have tennogen on mac? I really wish i could use my adobe creative suit instead of gimp.

I know i can already partially use the files to render some stuff but i don't think the preview is as accurate as it should be in the tennogen application.

On 4/29/2016 at 4:45 PM, magusat999 said:

We have no requirement that content creators use the Steam version of Warframe. However, there may be oddities that will prevent you from successfully uploading content if the Steam version of Warframe has not been installed at least once before with the Steam account in question. The easiest way to know would be to install the TennoGen Tool and test uploading content.

Would it be possible to have tennogen on mac? I really wish i could use my adobe creative suit instead of gimp.

At this time, we have no plans to release an OSX version of the tool.

• 2 weeks later...

[Questions]

Hey, want to make a couple of skin, preferably for Galatine.

1. Can i just submit them or do i have to wait until Galatine is added to the pool of stuff you can submit for?

1.1. If i can submit them, where can i get the reference sizes for Galatine and is it allowed to datamine for them?

2. If my skin is on pair with the ones in the game, how probable is it, that it actually gets implemented? As the DE probably know, it is a LOT of work and i don't want to make them just for a 1% chance (Ofc i am keeping to the art direction, i am a professional)

3. Is it acceptable to make skins that would go thematically towards the syndicates? I.e. Synoid Ether Dagger or Rakta Reaper?

4. Is it possible to add animation? I.e. to recreate the Synoid "reactor" in the middle of their weapons? I have not seen anything in the Tennogen

5. Are refraction & translucency possible for weapons or only for environment? I.e. if i would to add crystals or "glass" parts to the weapon

6. I am not really experienced with the "luma" part in the diffuse map. Only known it from After effects as a filter (it seems to have similarities fuction-wise) - is there a way to convert a normal diffuse into this luma-one, or do i have to do it from the get-go?

7. What exactly is the tint-mask doing? Is it a color modification of some sort? I tried it out on the amprex and couldn't see any difference between loading any other map into the tint-slot.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

On 6/11/2016 at 8:50 AM, Kasseopea said:

[Questions]

Hey, want to make a couple of skin, preferably for Galatine.

1. Can i just submit them or do i have to wait until Galatine is added to the pool of stuff you can submit for?

1.1. If i can submit them, where can i get the reference sizes for Galatine and is it allowed to datamine for them?

2. If my skin is on pair with the ones in the game, how probable is it, that it actually gets implemented? As the DE probably know, it is a LOT of work and i don't want to make them just for a 1% chance (Ofc i am keeping to the art direction, i am a professional)

3. Is it acceptable to make skins that would go thematically towards the syndicates? I.e. Synoid Ether Dagger or Rakta Reaper?

4. Is it possible to add animation? I.e. to recreate the Synoid "reactor" in the middle of their weapons? I have not seen anything in the Tennogen

5. Are refraction & translucency possible for weapons or only for environment? I.e. if i would to add crystals or "glass" parts to the weapon

6. I am not really experienced with the "luma" part in the diffuse map. Only known it from After effects as a filter (it seems to have similarities fuction-wise) - is there a way to convert a normal diffuse into this luma-one, or do i have to do it from the get-go?

7. What exactly is the tint-mask doing? Is it a color modification of some sort? I tried it out on the amprex and couldn't see any difference between loading any other map into the tint-slot.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

1) You do have to wait. 1.1) We'll put up reference material when we're opening up a piece to work on.

2) We probably don't have a large enough volume of information to give you a statistics and some of that is subjective (IE:  People submitting something as a joke or with copyright infringement skew things, we don't know how many people are professionals etc).  Some categories are more crowded than others (IE: Excalibur) and that does make it a bit harder to get through.  More or less if something is on par with what is in game we do intend to implement it though.

3) No.

4) No.  We are trying to not affect too many different departments at the moment.

5) The less transparency the better by default (overdraw is an evil beast), but we can do it -- if it has the look you want in the Painter shader / Tennogen it will come across.  We do not done anything that simulates refraction.

6) Luma = luminescence, just how bright and dark things are.  The diffuse map has a narrow range as it affects the player's ability to tint things strongly.  Pretty much has to be built in from the beginning, there isn't a filter for it.

7) Tint mask controls colour.  Some of our content files do not have a tintmask -- the content files tend to come with ID maps to make selections in Painter / Photoshop / etc.  Look at the Excalibur reference objects as an example of how the tintmask works.

On 6/17/2016 at 8:31 PM, Metalfang said:

Question: So I'm new to 3D editing/photoshop. Will DEs do a touchup on ideas submitted/accepted to make them more professional looking?

Very rarely we will touch files if a simple fix will make something that is awesome / popular work, but we will not edit people's work to make it professional looking.

Sorry if this was already answered somewhere previously in this thread, but what's the current status of the Sari syandana? It was stated that the syandana's opening-wings feature would require additional coding, so it was put on hold. Since then, there's been no news about it; can we expect to see it sometime in the future, or is it shelved indefinitely?

• 1 month later...

My story is that I started off playing Warframe from Steam, but it basically reinstalled itself after every single Warframe update, so I copied and pasted the Warframe files into another folder and then deleted the Steam files.

After that I never used Steam Warframe again, but lately I'm seeing some amazing skins in the Tennogen, and sadly DE won't put Tennogen skins for Warframes available for platinum in the market (there is probably a reason for this, but I am unaware of it, so I would seriously appreciate an answer), so I have been wondering wether or not to link my Warframe account to my Steam account because of Steam reinstalling Warframe constantly (and since I am constantly online on Steam, I play Warframe as a non-steam shortcut).

Anyways, with all that out of the way I wanna ask a couple of questions (**Keep in mind that I am not planning to create, but POSSIBLY sometime buy Tennogen items**):

First off, I would want to know: If I buy something from the Tennogen and have my Warframe account linked to my Steam account, do I need to launch it all the time from Steam, just once, or can I keep my off-Steam client usage normally and not have to reinstall Warframe every update (or whatever other option there is)?

Second question: How do I link my Warframe account to my Steam one? I am not entirely sure about this, but I believe Steam either just asked me the first time and I said no (or if it's possible I might have said later and it never appeared again; I can't quite remember), or (probably) it never asked me while I played on the Steam version) Prefferably a manual guide to linking both accounts, but just in case (or if the first option isn't possible) how to make it ask me again if I want to link it(for as a last resort I might get the Steam version again).

My last question, and probably the "easy" way out (if hopefully possible) is that: Apparently, I am not the only one who has had Steam Warframe auto-reinstall, or at least auto-reinstall most of Warframe, and some people are saying something about Steam thinking there's something wrong with Warframe's files when there's not, but my friends don't get this "error"; Their Warframe doesn't resintall itself after updates. Basically, if possible, how can I fix Steam's auto-reinstallation of Warframe?

People would probably have to do some research for an answer to my last question (wether it's solve-able or not), so if you do I would appreciate (sorry for the impatience), that if that was the case, I would like an answer to my first two questions first, and then possibly a repost or something.

I'm sorry for my impatience, or if I'm asking for a lot, but these are basically all my issues with Warframe (including that Tennogen weapon skins are available for platinum in the store but warframe ones are not, however this must, very probably have a reason, possibly related to business, so I want people to know that I am not demanding for this information, I am just asking for favors, and obviously, if there is some business or just DE preffering it that way, I'm not asking for it to be otherwise, but I would really appreciate the answer to why Tennogen skins for warframes aren't available for platinum in the Warframe marketplace), and I have seen a lot of games get ruined by some idea which grew, but Warframe hasn't let me down on this kind of thing and I have a feeling if things keep going as they are, it never will.

I get told I talk a lot, but I just want to make sure people don't get confused about what I'm asking or talking about, but most of all I am just asking for answers to my questions.

Also, if it somehow is involved, I joined Warframe on November 2014, I just joined the forums/Warframe page in January 10 2015

~FlameCat(16)

• 3 months later...

Ok, noob question since I just downloaded this tool and searched around a bit to see what is what.

Is there some location/link that tells us which items are available for submission? There are a range of things I want to take a crack at, but have no idea what is accepted from submissions just yet, etc.

5 hours ago, HazaRD-WARRIOR said:

Ok, noob question since I just downloaded this tool and searched around a bit to see what is what.

Is there some location/link that tells us which items are available for submission? There are a range of things I want to take a crack at, but have no idea what is accepted from submissions just yet, etc.

I believe everything listed here: https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Archived