Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Launch + Faq!

[DE]Rebecca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/21/2015 at 4:17 PM, DERebecca said:
I don't use Steam - how do I get the skins?

We are keeping the content to Steam right now - once we are confident the program is a success, we are exploring other platforms with the content creators. Contracts outside of Steam take time, and we will approach this as quickly as we can once we get a sense of participation in the program.

UPDATE: Console Tenno now have access to a curated selection of TennoGen items! We will do our best to release future rounds on all platforms to better serve the Fashion Frame needs of our community.

Id say its " the program is a success". I've heard this many times before also form DE staff.

Id like to access TennoGen on stand alone Warframe for PC.

• 1 month later...

edit: probably wrong thread for this question.. moved to Questions thread...

---

Hello!!!

Is it valid to keep updating an already submitted entry for the Round 10 Halloween contest?

I am happy with my entry as is now, and was submitted Aug 31st at 6:20 AM - but even if it doesn't get picked, I'd like to take it its most excellent point possible. Would this be OK or make it prone for disqualification? What are the rules around updates and fixes?

Thank you!!! =D

On 10/23/2015 at 1:15 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are keeping the content to Steam right now - once we are confident the program is a success, we are exploring other platforms with the content creators. Contracts outside of Steam take time, and we will approach this as quickly as we can once we get a sense of participation in the program.

i'm just wondering.....how do you start to make them....i've only started like two months ago but i would want to try to make a new skin/helmet for my fellow tenno

:satisfied:

47 minutes ago, RenNishi said:

i'm just wondering.....how do you start to make them....i've only started like two months ago but i would want to try to make a new skin/helmet for my fellow tenno

:satisfied:

From the FAQ on the opening post:

"How do I get started?

See our guide here on everything you need to know: Steam Workshop Guide

We have developed a small program (Warframe Tennogen) that will allow you to upload your assets to the Steam Workshop. The Tennogen utility will also allow you to preview your assets via a WebGL viewer that is running an approximation of our in game shader. The previewer uses the same arrangement of textures that your asset needs to work in Warframe and it will help you develop an asset that will colour well when our player customize it. The help documentation is linked within the Tennogen utility and can be accessed directly here: https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/

Download the Tool here from Steam by searching for 'Warframe TennoGen', the App ID is 396050."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if i should open a ticket or not, aniway:

I have the old launcher downloaded directly from the main website (one of the starter was loki), and it is not linked to Steam in any way. So how can i have access to the Tennogen? without doing another account on Steam? of course, it doesn't work if i put warframe under "launch another game on Steam". Thank you in advance!!

• 7 months later...
On 2015-10-23 at 3:15 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

*3 years later*

Soooooooooooooooooo ?

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, (XB1)Lixon spiritfox said:

I'm having the same problem

Library > Tools

On 2017-09-18 at 10:17 AM, xZhyphoNx said:

I'm not sure if i should open a ticket or not, aniway:

I have the old launcher downloaded directly from the main website (one of the starter was loki), and it is not linked to Steam in any way. So how can i have access to the Tennogen? without doing another account on Steam? of course, it doesn't work if i put warframe under "launch another game on Steam". Thank you in advance!!

You need to re-download the game through Steam to have the Steam version of the client. You'll still be able to log in to your normal account.

11 hours ago, [DE]Syncrasis said:

You need to re-download the game through Steam to have the Steam version of the client. You'll still be able to log in to your normal account.

It is possible to use some links in Windows to point to the current install of Warframe, so you don't need to download the entire game on steam if you're like me and don't want to always log into steam to log into to Warframe but do want to look at the Tennogen in game sometimes.

To be honest though, it's probably just better to have one or the other installed. Messing around with links doesn't make sense either if you are already always logged into Steam.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to use the tool w/o playing rhe game through steam? Just to be clear I don't want to use custom skins, but I would like to participate in making skins. Is there anyway to link steam to the gamevI have?

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Since we're now closing in on 14 rounds of Tennogen, I can see this system has definitely become a huge hit. When will it become available for non-Steam users to be able to partake in obtaining these Tennogen cosmetics on PC?

it works via steam workshop so... never?
also whats the problem of using steam?

9 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

When will it become available for non-Steam users to be able to partake in obtaining these Tennogen cosmetics on PC?

Highly doubt it will ever happen since I’m pretty sure that they have a contract with Valve, meaning that you’re only able to obtain/buy Tennogen with using the Steam client (excluding consoles of course). If they did make the Tennogen items available to non-Steam users, I’m guessing that DE would get in some serious hot water since they would be most likely breaking the contract.

On 2015-10-21 at 4:17 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

UPDATE: Console Tenno now have access to a curated selection of TennoGen items! We will do our best to release future rounds on all platforms to better serve the Fashion Frame needs of our community.

I'm just asking for an update as to when it'll be available outside of steam as the original post back in 2015 states that they'd be looking into it. It's been 3 years since..

Archived