Steam Workshop Launch + Faq!

[DE]Rebecca

Good Question. We'll have a comprehensive answer on Friday Afternoon. November 6 is when we go over submissions to decide on the first batch for release on the Steam Market. We will come up with an answer and plan for your question at that November 6 meeting.

Awesome Rebecca, thank you for replying!

DE PLEASE. When is the first batch going to get looked at ? I am working my arse off right now because someone said that someone said that someone else said in a stream it was the 6th (today), somebody please clarify - there are no dates posted anywhere.

Here is my current WIP also.

v5Lxq3Y.jpg

DE PLEASE. When is the first batch going to get looked at ? I am working my arse off right now because someone said that someone said that someone else said in a stream it was the 6th (today), somebody please clarify - there are no dates posted anywhere.

Here is my current WIP also.

v5Lxq3Y.jpg

In the last devstream they said that the 1st round of judging would start today (6th), and that the skins would\should be in game by this time next week.

Good Question. We'll have a comprehensive answer on Friday Afternoon. November 6 is when we go over submissions to decide on the first batch for release on the Steam Market. We will come up with an answer and plan for your question at that November 6 meeting.

Hello!

Just following up on my post here. Our meeting has concluded, we've got just one more detail to figure out before we proceed with round one, but Monday we should have the list!

Thank you, have a nice weekend! 

By default, yep, it uses that 3rd tint.

One exception I've noticed:

On Volt and Volt Prime, channeling uses tint#4 (and yes, gold) regions. This does not change with the Immortal skin.

Hello!

Just following up on my post here. Our meeting has concluded, we've got just one more detail to figure out before we proceed with round one, but Monday we should have the list!

Quick question, but will the skins be adjusted, say, with regions being swapped to better fit existing content in the game, or will all submissions be exactly as submitted?

Also, how will Volt's shoulders work, if a skin submission has an alternative skin for them? Will they be listed as a separate shoulder accessory?

Hello!

Does this mean we will see the list today?

*crosses fingers*

Does anyone know of a way to get around Steams stupid $5.00 minimum requirement?  I can't vote on the skins I like because I haven't spent any money through them.

It's probably to stop people creating multiple accounts and rigging Workshop votes. The Workshop system isn't exclusive to Warframe after all.

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt the voting does much other than sift the junk to the bottom.

I notice your Mag Prime icon, so you have spent money at some point. Maybe next time (if next time) buy via Steam and it might count.

It's probably to stop people creating multiple accounts and rigging Workshop votes. The Workshop system isn't exclusive to Warframe after all.

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt the voting does much other than sift the junk to the bottom.

I notice your Mag Prime icon, so you have spent money at some point. Maybe next time (if next time) buy via Steam and it might count.

The icon was gifted, actually.

And it is to stop people from having dummy Steam accounts, and yes, I have spent money on the game however, it's been months since I had the spare funds to do so, and it'll be months before I have it again.

EDIT:  If voting didn't have any, or very little, impact why would DE implement it at all?

If I was in their position, I would at the very least use it to gauge the popularity of an item and help prioritize which skins are chosen.

• 2 weeks later...

What if I dont have my steam account linked to my warframe account? Is there a way to do that?

we can get those only if we have download warframe from steam  or we can get them if we have warframe from this page ?

The skins must be paid for through via Steam wallet funds, and as such require a linked Steam account.

Warframe must be launched through Steam (as far as I know) to use the overlay to buy the cosmetics. Since the Steam and non-Steam Warframe files are the same, it is possible to switch to the Steam version without re-downloading everything.

Archived