Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

Please, everyone that reads this topic, vote on the following of the three.

1) "I like the RNG-drop system as it is now and dont want anything to be changed."

2) "I dislike the randomness and would like to see Token-system implemented"

3) "i would like to see the merger of both in some way"

We shall see how it goes but it would be nice to get some actual data of what the community wants.

Explanations:

1) currently every single drop is random. You may get all Ash blueprints from 3 runs on a boss, or you may not get a single blueprint after 15 runs. Or you may get 15 Ash helmets. You may get a latron receiver after your first time in a Void Tower or you may not get one after 15 runs. Or you may get 15 latron barrels. Some drop rates may be tweaked, but the general idea stays the same. Based on luck.

2) Based on playtime. The more you play: kill the same boss, raid the same tower etc. the more TOKENS you receive. Then you go out there and buy something with these tokens. A latron receiver. Or Ash helmet. This system is based on time / number of runs.

3) there are different ways to merge both systems. The easiest one would be "the transform button". That is turning 10 Ash helmets into 1 Ash chassis or 1 Ash systems. That way you still may get all Ash components after 3 runs, but if you devote a lot of your time to the game you are sure to build your Ash eventually.

Please vote and let us see the results!

Current results:
(i count people voting for several results as having +1 to everything they vote for, that would be fair)
RNG - 31
TOKEN - 45
MERGE - 91

The numbers seem to be pretty solid now.

Check out the DE_Steve reply to this thread!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54941-rng-vs-tokens-vote/page-9#entry574616

Edited by MyXmaN

token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. token. 

You never said there's a limit on how many times I can vote.  Tokens win.

EAT MY TOKENS!

Edited by Pisirk

I've suggested a merged system MULTIPLE times.

My suggestion was a) drop pieces of parts in addition to parts.(no part drop results in pieces of a part instead. say 5 pieces would make the actual part)  b) drop X->Y pieces per kill in addition to parts (so you can still be super lucky or unlucky and you could get either 1 token or 15 tokens with say.. a 20 token to replace a part)

I would like to see a merger of both, in some way.

It's hard to please everybody, I like having an aspect of luck, but at the same time for people that are extremely unlucky they should have an option to also achieve what they want.

for example, if there was a way to trade 10 or so reaper handles for a blade, or 15 stocks/barrels for a receiver

This would keep the luck system for drops, but give the people that are just unlucky a way to attain what they want

Token.

I like the idea of a merger, but not specifically the idea of trading a certain amount of parts for another. The feeling of progression isn't as tangible there. However, I think RNG-rewarded cosmetics would be pretty cool, in addition to the tokens.

For those curious, my post suggesting a token system is here and details pretty much that, along with elaboration on a bunch of things.

Edited by Quetzhal