Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

Personally i think RNG is fundamentally required, but a token system for some things would also be beneficial- so i have to vote 3.

I especially like this idea for void runs, where instead of a random chance for x item- you could instead get something like orokin tokens (has a nice ring to it doesn't it?) that you can then use in the market-place to purchase things like prime blueprints and parts, forma, etc. of course these tokens would have to be worse than a 1:1 ratio to the item you desire, for instance forma might require 10 or more OT (orokin tokens) whereas a latron prime barrel might only require 2 or 3.

This could possibly alleviate some of the issues with forma being so horrifically troublesome to acquire, and sure 10+ void runs for it isn't going to be a walk in the park, it would serve to make it more readily accessible while preserving some semblance of rarity in the form of the work it takes to aquire them. higher tiers might award more tokens per run, thus justifying the difficulty increase.

On paper RNG sure looks the least "fair" BUT I gotta say it is also adds some of the fun for me. The thrill of completing a mission and feeling the moment of truth that decides, whether or not you get what you need its kind of appealing. A hard earned victory is far more enjoyable than one that has been inevitably brought to you by default I'd say.

I mean, if you can go in there, knowing exactly that you WILL sooner or later get what you want, where is goal ? Farming crafting components and leveling in this game is relatively fast compared to other games I played. If at all I think the game should become more challenging so your earning your own equipment really means something. If you know that you will have your piece of gear after statisticly x runs, without any chance to "fail", it wont take long until you crafted everything in the game there is and then the game gets boring.

TL:DR

To make things a bit more fair for those people who need to do 50 runs on average to get their items I would vote 3) but ONLY if this "transform cost" would be reasonably high.

3. I would love to see a mixture of the current RNG system and some sort of "token" system to be able to reliably farm those super tough to get items if all else fails. I have no problem with the requirements being fairly steep if it is purely an alternate for the items that could be purchased with the tokens, though if ever the tokens are the only way slightly lower costs would be appreciated.

PS - Thank you to the OP, hopefully this thread gets attention from DE and they take it into account moving forward with this new suggestion.

Definitely 2.

The current system is just an artificial method of padding the game. If it stays like it is now, I can't guarantee a very large portion of the player base will continue playing. The void in its current state isn't much better than the alert system, unfortunately. At this rate, the devs will just keep shoving more and more things into the void/alerts, disguised as being free, when in reality, it's not.

Edited by DarkMark

2.  Merging an RNG system with anything, will still make it RNG.  Developers for all games need to realize how much of a crap system RNG really is and whoever is the first to develop something that far exceeds RNG will be famous.