Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is Equinox?!

KseniGirl

Question

25 answers to this question

Well, technically you are right, although I wouldn't give too much on it. According to DE_Adam both forms are female, but I think to remember that at an early stage Mynki actually thought about making her gender-bend. I also think to remember that a portion of the forums just couldn't handle that and lost it - in a really bad way.

Personally, I don't care. The little story-teller in me makes all my frames unique individuals, but once I'm in a mission, it doesn't matter. But I think an intersex Tenno or gender-bender could be cool. And pyromaniac me now wants to write a story about a boy Equinox that likes to wear dresses. :D

Edited by Bibliothekar

According to DE's official statement, Equinox is female in BOTH of her forms. Night form is a more feminine female - dress and slimmer form - while Day is a more masculine - thicker build, more -muscled look.

Tnx! Let's see what others say :D

Well, technically you are right, although I wouldn't give too much on it. According to DE_Adam both forms are female, but I think to remember that at an early stage Mynki actually thought about making her gender-bend. I also think to remember that a portion of the forums just couldn't handle that and lost it - in a really bad way.

So it's still both female?

I have my doubts, considering how late this statement came, and how obscure it is, just buried in a thread in the forum. Equinox's codex entry, feature video, "Building Warframe" article, and description all lack gendered pronouns. Compared to every single other frame whose gender is clearly indicated in at least one of these, it's a bit suspicious. IMO Equinox was meant to be both, or neither. Being 100% female is most likely a reaction to negative feedback.