Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give A Name To Your Weapons.

JuanS

This is fred. Say "hello" to Fred. Fred doesn't like you. Fred has an explosive temper. Fred's going to say "hello" to you now. Then he'll say "goodbye" to what's left.

But on a more serious note, this sounds completely pointless. Just call your gun Fred, no one will care.

I think there'd have to be some other benefit beyond a name for it to work for me. Personalizing your weapons is a great idea, but only if there's some boost to the stats. Like you can choose one from a list of buffs (with possible debuffs to go along with it). Something like innate boosted clip size, higher damage but lower fire rate, lower fire rate but higher damage, greater accuracy, et cetera. Nothing major, maybe 5%, but enough to make it unique.

And me? I'd call her Vera.

Sir! The Private's weapon's name is Charlene, Sir!

"This is my Latron

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Latron is my best friend.

It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my Latron is useless.

Without my Latron, I am useless.

I must fire my Latron true.

I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.

I must shoot him before he shoots me."

- Latrons Creed as quoted by L.Ermey Tenno

It's a nice idea, but I'd prefer new weapons, weapons models, new content and textures over customizing gimmicks for now.

Maybe your idea will be realized once open beta ends and DE is having more time on their hands.

Edited by Kasamoto

Like this idea, they should have some achievement related statuses that you can attach to your weapon that adds a minor bonus related to the acheivement. 

Killed 3 Grineer with one bullet? The "Skewering" <insert weapon here> +10% to existing puncture, or maybe a special animation on death.

Achieved 10 missions without getting discovered once? The "Silent" <insert weapon here? + silence to all your weapons

The above bonuses are for portrayal of the concept of related bonuses. I think this may have players explore more styles of gameplay.

I think there'd have to be some other benefit beyond a name for it to work for me. Personalizing your weapons is a great idea, but only if there's some boost to the stats. Like you can choose one from a list of buffs (with possible debuffs to go along with it). Something like innate boosted clip size, higher damage but lower fire rate, lower fire rate but higher damage, greater accuracy, et cetera. Nothing major, maybe 5%, but enough to make it unique.

And me? I'd call her Vera.

This is fred. Say "hello" to Fred. Fred doesn't like you. Fred has an explosive temper. Fred's going to say "hello" to you now. Then he'll say "goodbye" to what's left.

But on a more serious note, this sounds completely pointless. Just call your gun Fred, no one will care.

I agree it is completely pointless... I also love the idea anyway. I even have a few names picked out, Winona, Gladys, Wilhemina.

Edited by Keiiken

Boar: War Pig

Strun: Shotgun Rain

Hek: Shotgun Rain II - Shotgun Harder

Braton Mk-1: HNNNNNG

Braton: Ol' Faithful

Boltor: Martyrdomination

Grakattatata: MORE DAKKA WAAAHHHRG

(Whatever that new sniper is): Detroit

Dread: Knee Capper

Despair: Punishers

Bolto: Ghetto Blaster

Bronco: Shotgun Rain III - With Avengence

Lex: DEEEAAAGLE

Lato: Meatspin

Skana: Blunt stick

Skana Prime: Blunt stick with tin foil

Chronos: Shank

Glaive: TaintRipper

Bo: Rafiki's Revenge

Hate: Morgan Freeman's Wrath

Furax: Buttfisters

Fraggor: ANALDESTROYER

Some of us have a weapon that is our favorite, the one we don't want to sell and want to keep as long as possible, giving it a name can make it a bit more special, yes is pointless in terms of combat but this idea is more about customization in the aspect of how you see your weapon.

If you want the name to be seen by others, this maybe can be added for the winner of the duels in the dojos after win.