Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris Daily Missions

BlackCoMerc

Just once, DE, can we get something to do that DOES NOT rely on RNG?

I love the idea of these daily scans. I do. I gratefully accepted the mission and went straight away to missions on several Grineer planets.

Two Earth Exterminates. A Saturn Sabotage, and then a Survival on the same planet. 

And I saw not one Hellion. 

Not. One.

So now I logged off - got lots to do today - after an hour of pursuing a daily with zero to show for it, and heartily wishing I had just gone to Draco instead to level my new Sonicor I just crafted. At least then, I would have SOMETHING to show for the hour I played besides 2 Orokin cells and a useless Tower II key to add to the pile. 

THIS is why we have a loot/XP cave. THIS is why you cant get people to do anything other than expedient leveling. THIS is why we are crowding around Draco, running the same few tiles over and over again. Its not because we dont WANT anything else to do. Its because you REFUSE to GIVE us anything else to do, that isnt rely on hopelessly terrible odds or grossly weighted RNG. 

Next time I have an hour to play a game in the morning before work, I'll just go play something else. Its no wonder the last two times I thought about buying Plat for new items, I just bought other, Indie games instead. The which I should have played this morning instead of Warframe, again.

Please, DE. Just once. Give us something we can RELIABLY do of a day. The whole idea behind DAILY missions, is that they are something you can log in and do quick, even if you're short on time and just a little while to play. Warframe cant even do THAT right.

If you want to find the Synthesis Target(s), take a look in the codex (or on the Wiki) for where the enemies spawn.

Also, they only seem to spawn on a set planet for each time they are the target. For example, Scorch can spawn on multiple planets, but I only found the Synthesis Target on Saturn.

Try running a capture mission on each relevant planet, and watch too see whether Simaris' message "I am detecting a potential target" is transmitted.

You'd probably find Hellion Synthesis Targets on Phobos.

Also, they only seem to spawn on a set planet for each time they are the target. For example, Scorch can spawn on multiple planets, but I only found the Synthesis Target on Saturn.

That's not the case, I've found Seekers on Earth and on Ceres.

And then again you get the scenario where you find the target and scan it.

So now you know where to find it . . . . .. you go again to the same place and you get the announcement that there is a scanning target. When you try to trace it with the scanner there are no traces. . . . . oh well it will be near the extraction point as usual, and you continue with the objective of the mission.

Then you get to the extraction point . . . . . only to realize you never came across the scanning target . . . . .the whole mission pointless if you did it just to get the scanning target :-(

Edited by Cluele55

And then again you get the scenario where you find the target and scan it.

So now you know where to find it . . . . .. you go again to the same place and you get the announcement that there is a scanning target. When you try to trace it with the scanner there are no traces. . . . . oh well it will be near the extraction point as usual, and you continue with the objective of the mission.

Then you get to the extraction point . . . . . only to realize you never came across the scanning target . . . . .the whole mission pointless if you did it just to get the scanning target :-(

Basically, this. I saw new, daily missions from Simarus. All he wanted was four Hellions scanned. So I figured, 'Ive an hour to spare, why not? Knock these scans out, get a reward...be nice to get a guaranteed reward for a change.'

And instead, I run five missions across 3 Grineer planets and never see even one Hellion. Even on Saturn Survival, where the Wiki warns you they tend to spawn in groups. 

This should have been simple. This should have been a brief daily mission offering a dependable way to make some quick rewards during the work week, while most players have limited time to spend. And they managed to screw it up by making it dependent on RNG spawn rates.

This whole game is built on nothing but a chance that something interesting or rewarding MIGHT happen, now and then, one some random mission. Its pushing me AWAY from playing the game i once enjoyed, as opposed to keeping me around to grind it out.

Twice recently I thought about some Plat for new weapons or items. I can afford to support DE and I like to do so now and then. Then I thought about doing the same missions time and again with the new gear, and having to Forma stuff I liked and Draco it 10 times to make it useable again, and...I just bought an Indie game instead. 

Am I the only person left on the planet that plays missions primarily for the entertainment and only for the rewards as a side effect?

Most of the other games I have would make would me me do 10x the work of Warframe for kitchen scraps.

And in passing, I'll mention that EVE Online would not only make me do 10x the work, it would also set me back days of ALREADY finished work for any mistakes, based on the fact that all player owned assets there can be destroyed permanently by the first bored player that decides that today is the day he will camp a Station and "illegally" (Concord wise) explode the first player ship name starting with "G" that tries to undock, just for giggles.

Edited by DSpite

Am I the only person left on the planet that plays missions primarily for the entertainment and only for the rewards as a side effect?

Most of the other games I have would make would me me do 10x the work of Warframe for kitchen scraps.

And in passing, I'll mention that EVE Online would not only make me do 10x the work, it would also set me back days of ALREADY finished work for any mistakes, based on the fact that all player owned assets there can be destroyed permanently by the first bored player that decides that today is the day he will camp a Station and "illegally" (Concord wise) explode the first player ship name starting with "G" that tries to undock, just for giggles.

Yeah... people complain about a DAILY quest... good thing Warframe isn't as hardcore as EVE (feat that only poorly programed crappy games like Cabal2 can acomplish, and EVE at least is a quality game)