DE_Adam

Hotfix 17.8.1

Oh well Banshee, it was fun while it lasted :(

Edited by fatpig84

is it just me or do shotguns no longer proc resonance?? im sure ive been hitting weakspots spot on before the fps bug and the new hotfix -_-

Fixed Banshee’s Sonar visual FX displaying as super bright.

>> This has caused a bug.  Banshee's sonar visual effect is now dim and harder to detect. 

Please revert this or turn it back up (or clamp it) so I can see what is sonar-ed with moderately dim colors easily.  I have no desire to change my energy color of years.  It is uncalled for.

• Upvote 1

• Fixed Nekros’ Terrify having no effect on enemies.
  • Fixed Banshee’s Sonar indefinitely stacking Resonance in the same location without a delay.
  • Fixed players becoming staggered when being released from a friendly Loki’s Switch Teleport.

Thanks !

...i'm not sure how to understand the banshee fix/nerf

Thanks !

...i'm not sure how to understand the banshee fix/nerf

The thing they are referring to literally only started happening after the last update with the Ignis, so it's not a nerf. At least, it doesn't make sense in my opinion to call it one when what they are referring to is a bug that was up for about a day before they fixed it. 

I think this is confusing some people they way they worded it, but Resonance itself is not being changed from what it always was and nor is Sonar (nor is this one of those situations where it was a longstanding "bug" that people came to love, and they are just getting around to fixing). This fix in the list is literally fixing something that started happening just the other day -- Resonance as it has always stood is remaining the same as it always has. As is Sonar. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Logged in just to give this a +1.

I guess we know what DE means when they say they're making something a "priority."

Exactly, ASAP probably has another meaning in their dictionary...

But just any answer on how far they are with it, when it'll come out,.. would be nice. To be honest I'm want these shield interactions more than that saryn rework or the mag bullet attractor change.

• Upvote 1

• Fixed Banshee’s Sonar indefinitely stacking Resonance in the same location without a delay.

Another nerf, another frame gets into the trash can.

Or is it? Find out below! :^)

Goodbye Banshee, you were good for quite some time resisting DE's nerfhammer

Unfortunately this is the case with every update Someone gets hit with the nerf hammer. Saryn is next on the list for the scrap heap. You have a few frames that are decent for vary specific situations, other than that you have what maybe 4 frames that are universally decent for most o the game.

Banshee is still one of the best frames

That's why you see Banshee all over the place ... oh yeah that's right you don't see her but maybe once a month. Once in a grate while some one will play her & it's always funny; some time I forget she even exists because she's so terrible.

Hmm... another changed for the Simaris Trace huh? this is the 3rd time in a month for a single trace but the Blue bright spot is still the best though.

Thanks DE for the Hot Fix, much appreciated.

Any other tennos have their challenges reseted and stucked at initial values since the update?

pls fix JACKAL BUG ( if nova MP (slow) the result JACKAL NEVER DIE ) pls fix its annoy me few days later (A.K.A Jackal got aegis of immortality from nova slow)

Edited by HELIOS_JINOUGA009

Im unsure if the Ignis is supposed to be NOT stealthy -hey i know its a flamethrower and thats not really silent killing tool but this is Warframe, logic does not exsist here-  but even with loki's Hushed invis and even Hush on the weapon the enemies will always hear it no matter what...they're not seeing it thus them having turned around after it fires. Talking about stealthy im unsure if the silence of weapons has been fixed or not. its a problem  i had a while back playing with other people for example:

If you are the host all of your mods work as intended and i mean stealth mods. if you are not host and you have stealth mods on a noisy weapon it will still be heard. im unsure if it still exsist due to the fact its hard to test without any hamsters to test it out with again.

Hello I have a terrible problem with warframe and 17.8.1 update because it gives me an error I tried different ways and nothing worked Please help because this is my favorite game

Edited by Tomasz007

Another nerf, another frame gets into the trash can.

Or is it? Find out below! :^)

Goodbye Banshee, you were good for quite some time resisting DE's nerfhammer

This wasnt a nerf, this was a bugfix. Sonar stacking made alot of ppl feel the real lag.

It's a bugfix, not a nerf.

Resonance has always had a delay in between triggers. Patch last night broke that, and it was seriously tanking performance because of it.

Shhh, don't tell people!  If everyone thinks it was an actual nerf, the outpouring of salt will be intense and Banshee will finally get the overall rework she needs sooner!  Silence, you fool!

Im unsure if the Ignis is supposed to be NOT stealthy -hey i know its a flamethrower and thats not really silent killing tool but this is Warframe, logic does not exsist here-  but even with loki's Hushed invis and even Hush on the weapon the enemies will always hear it no matter what...they're not seeing it thus them having turned around after it fires. Talking about stealthy im unsure if the silence of weapons has been fixed or not. its a problem  i had a while back playing with other people for example:

If you are the host all of your mods work as intended and i mean stealth mods. if you are not host and you have stealth mods on a noisy weapon it will still be heard. im unsure if it still exsist due to the fact its hard to test without any hamsters to test it out with again.

The reason it isn't silent is because of how the Ignis actually functions.

Unlike the way you'd think a flamethrower works, the Ignis actually projects several smaller clouds of fire that use the same mechanics as Blast damage.  This is why it appears to penetrate Shield Lancer shields - it actually isn't, it's just a radial fire explosion from BEHIND the Shield Lancer that gets him.

So because it's actually (code-wise) a bunch of fire-type explosions, it's basically completely incapable of stealth.

That said, it's an Ignis.  As you noted, basically nobody ever is going to think of it when they think of a stealth weapon.  And not just because there's no logically possible way for it to be silent.  It's also very bright (does effect stealth but still, logically nonsensical) and more importantly, it has extremely low Alpha Damage (i.e. damage in a single "hit") which is arguably the most important thing for a stealth weapon.  This is why the Ogris and Opticor are both, at least in Warframe, viable stealth weapons, while the Ignis isn't.