End Of Small Clans And Boycott Platinum

Bigola

I would like to show my displeasure with the direction the game is taking.

After the live stream I was disappointed to see that the small clans are still suffering with this update.

Why bother making a new frame rather than fix the current problems?

Seeing the total contempt for the small clans, of me and my friends we are promoting a boycott in platinum.

After the live stream I was disappointed to see that the small clans are still suffering with this update.
Seeing the total contempt for the small clans, of me and my friends we are promoting a boycott in platinum.

Don't know why you're doing it even after they have addressed the issue...

You probably never spent anything ingame anyways. They said they are trying. Why "boycott" a game which sells.mostly cosmetics or convenience? Besides. Open beta. The content is still being added. Not set in stone.

Cosmetics and conveniences? You are joking right? Its selling CONTENT.

Holy fanboys batman.

Holy fanboys batman.

The only things in this game that you cannot get without platinum to my knowledge -- aside from cosmetics (most of which can be found in alerts anyway) -- are warframe slots and weapon slots.  Everything else you can get without spending a dime.  Just don't expect to get them as fast as someone who pays for them.

Shush your face.

You should hang around the forums some more. DE_Steve was in a thread earlier saying he's fully aware of the fact that small clans are getting the shaft. He's working out a solution to this problem. 

As for platinum, I do agree that things might be a tad expensive. But this is a premium free-to-play game. You get a lot of content for free. Would I like to see prices go down? Sure, but I understand that DE needs to make some money too, especially considering that they're always pumping out major updates and fixes.

Boycott if you feel it's right, but realize that DE is a business, and they need to make some money. This game is one of the better free-to-play models I've seen. It could be better, but I'm not too upset with the way it is. You can get pretty much everything that is essential in the game without spending a penny. Of course, that takes a LOT of farming, and it would be nice if they balanced it more.

Just to give you a small bit of what DE_Steve said in case you don't feel like heading over to that thread:

"I've said this multiple times - we don't like the situation for small clans and we're working on it.

50 is a initial cap size we're experimenting with. Will solo house building, new and more powerful sentinels, new environments, lore, expanded AI sets and factions, new weaponry keep a solo player happy? Yes. Will we also expand on our support for clans yes."

Edited by MaraudingZebra

Congrats, you didn't listen at all to what Scott said in the stream about how they do realize they need to fix small to big clan issues.

The only things in this game that you cannot get without platinum to my knowledge -- aside from cosmetics (most of which can be found in alerts anyway) -- are warframe slots and weapon slots.  Everything else you can get without spending a dime.  Just don't expect to get them as fast as someone who pays for them.

Shush your face.

It is true that certain things are possible, yet they can be made so unlikely as to be irrelevant. DE would not be the first company to adopt this approach for an allegedly "free" game. There is nothing wrong with expressing a desire that they not take that route. 

For example, if an item was required to progress in a game, could be bought in an in-game store for $15, and had a 1 in 250,000 chance of dropping for a free player, would you feel it justified to call that game a "free-to-play" game? 

You should hang around the forums some more. DE_Steve was in a thread earlier saying he's fully aware of the fact that small clans are getting the shaft. He's working out a solution to this problem. 

As for platinum, I do agree that things might be a tad expensive. But this is a premium free-to-play game. You get a lot of content for free. Would I like to see prices go down? Sure, but I understand that DE needs to make some money too, especially considering that they're always pumping out major updates and fixes.

Boycott if you feel it's right, but realize that DE is a business, and they need to make some money. This game is one of the better free-to-play models I've seen. It could be better, but I'm not too upset with the way it is. You can get everything that is essential in the game without spending a penny. Of course, that takes a LOT of farming, and it would be nice if they balanced it more.

Just to give you a small bit of what DE_Steve said in case you don't feel like heading over to that thread:

"I've said this multiple times - we don't like the situation for small clans and we're working on it.

50 is a initial cap size we're experimenting with. Will solo house building, new and more powerful sentinels, new environments, lore, expanded AI sets and factions, new weaponry keep a solo player happy? Yes. Will we also expand on our support for clans yes."

OP said he watched the live stream. But I am not sure he comprehended it.

It is true that certain things are possible, yet they can be made so unlikely as to be irrelevant. DE would not be the first company to adopt this approach for an allegedly "free" game. There is nothing wrong with expressing a desire that they not take that route. 

For example, if an item was required to progress in a game, could be bought in an in-game store for $15, and had a 1 in 250,000 chance of dropping for a free player, would you feel it justified to call that game a "free-to-play" game? 

I'm sorry but that example is just ridiculous. I'm not trying to put you down, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the problem at hand. DE has done nothing like what you stated in your example. That's like saying, "Well what if they let you download the game but they made you pay $15 per planet after Mercury?" Well yes, that would suck, but they're not doing that and I honestly don't think DE would ever do that.

Warframe is doing free-to-play better than most games out there. There's not a single thing that they make you pay for that is required. They give you every level, a way to get every Warframe and pretty much every weapon... There's just nothing like that example that you gave. 

The fact of the matter is that Warframe is currently IN BETA. If you choose to give money to DE, you have to realize that things are probably going to change at some point. A great example of this is the void key packs. They released them at 75 platinum, then they changed it so that every pack gave a rare key, but they didn't screw over people like me that bought packs beforehand. In fact, they went back and gave every person the rare key that they should have gotten, AND forma for having good faith in them and giving them your money, even knowing that things might change.

This game is not done. The devs realize that some things aren't right. But they ARE a business and they need to make money, or there's no Warframe at all. Take it or leave it. Beta means that any of these complaints are subject to change, and DE has shown that they're listening to us.

I'm sorry but that example is just ridiculous. I'm not trying to put you down, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the problem at hand. DE has done nothing like what you stated in your example. That's like saying, "Well what if they let you download the game but they made you pay $15 per planet after Mercury?" Well yes, that would suck, but they're not doing that and I honestly don't think DE would ever do that.

Warframe is doing free-to-play better than most games out there. There's not a single thing that they make you pay for that is required. They give you every level, a way to get every Warframe and pretty much every weapon... There's just nothing like that example that you gave. 

I think you perhaps misunderstood me. I did not claim that my example reflected the game as it stands now. I actually specifically worded it to avoid unintentionally making that claim. It was an example, a bit of overexaggeration to explain what I was talking about. 

Tell me, what are the odds of getting Forma via Alerts, Void runs (which require a randomly dropped key, mind!), or login rewards? And how much Forma does one currently need to build a complete Dojo (for argument's sake we'll say all labs and a dueling room, plus connectors and reactors, is a "complete" dojo)? How long might that take to accomplish, given those odds and those quantities? Is that an excessive amount of time, do you think? At what point have you stopped paying for "convenience" and started paying because it's the only way you'll see content?

My example was extreme, of course, but I have seen a number of free-to-play games evolve into a similar model, where the "free" method is so time-consuming as to lock out those who don't pay. Warframe is not there yet, but there is nothing wrong with expressing a desire that it not become that way. 

Holy fanboys batman.

You dont have to buy content. You just might have to pay to get it quickly Boycotting isnt helping anything. This wont work anyways. 

EDIT: where's the downvote button?

Edited by DarkFireRogue

This isn't actually productive (it offers no solutions or novel details or analysis) and ignores the fact that they have a lot of things to juggle at once.

I feel this way ^

Now is the time for feedback, be that feedback positive or negative. It just needs to be GOOD feedback. Thoughtful feedback.

We are Beta Testers. DE does listen. This isn't the end of the world nor the death of the game. Speak out, speak well, be heard.

Well from my experience i had a maximum of 15 very active players in my clans in other games...
not everyone is an attentionseeker / social-addict....

my wife and me have no contact to others IRL ... ingames we have like 5-10 friends...who are pretty much like us... sooooo....

its also being uncomfortable being nice to everyone just to get enough people to create the dojo stuff...its much of dishonest.. like in some other games.. where they recruit everyone until theyve build/unlock everything and then they kick them all out...

also ... the higher the amountof a clan is.. the higher the chance wil be that someone "robbs" the clan bank or deletes members or whatever....seen that in other games to often.

would be nice if we see small-clan friendly updates in the future

I think you perhaps misunderstood me. I did not claim that my example reflected the game as it stands now. I actually specifically worded it to avoid unintentionally making that claim. It was an example, a bit of overexaggeration to explain what I was talking about. 

Tell me, what are the odds of getting Forma via Alerts, Void runs (which require a randomly dropped key, mind!), or login rewards? And how much Forma does one currently need to build a complete Dojo (for argument's sake we'll say all labs and a dueling room, plus connectors and reactors, is a "complete" dojo)? How long might that take to accomplish, given those odds and those quantities? Is that an excessive amount of time, do you think? At what point have you stopped paying for "convenience" and started paying because it's the only way you'll see content?

My example was extreme, of course, but I have seen a number of free-to-play games evolve into a similar model, where the "free" method is so time-consuming as to lock out those who don't pay. Warframe is not there yet, but there is nothing wrong with expressing a desire that it not become that way. 

Oh trust me, I know that things are unbalanced right now. I feel your pain, I'm in a small clan myself. What I'm trying to get at though is, the game isn't finished. They just added the Dojos to the game and people are overreacting. Yes, it's unbalanced and DE knows that. They're working on a fix.

The fact is that the Dojo's are pretty neat. DE didn't have to put them in at all, but they did. A lot of people feel it's unbalanced, but overreacting is not the correct way to solve the problem. We need to give DE well-written and informative feedback rather than bringing out our pitchforks the minute something goes wrong.

But listen man, I know where you're coming from. You're entitled to your own opinions on how you want to handle the current situation, be it a boycott or uninstalling the game completely, but just take a minute and realize how much DE has added to this game and have a little faith that they're going to fix things. If they release a new update and the resource cost for Dojo's have gone up, then you can complain. But they just came out and it'll take some time to figure out exactly how to make them right.

Now you don't have to buy platinum, but that's your choice.

However if you enjoy Warframe and like the game, despite still needing the kinks ironed out. You will think and not boycott Platinum. 

That if you boycott Platinum, you are doing no good for anyone. I for one will keep buying, because without platinum, this game WILL NOT EXIST, this is the money that keeps the studio in place. What you're playing is an Investment, one that these people are willing to share with people for FREE. 

You're the kind of people that really S#&$ me in F2P, you have a sense of entitlement because you may have spent your pocket money.

Go read the T's and C's, remember that you're playing a Beta.

Boycotting platinum sounds like a good idea, people who buy platinum are the ones not thinking. You might as well literally burn your money instead of spending it on this game, probably get more value out of it.

I won't spend a cent on this game cause it would just be a drop in the ocean, to get anything you'll have to spend hundreds of euros and Im certainly not prepared to do that. If you had spent your money buying lottery tickets in real life instead of Warframe you might have been a millionaire now.

Oh trust me, I know that things are unbalanced right now. I feel your pain, I'm in a small clan myself. What I'm trying to get at though is, the game isn't finished. They just added the Dojos to the game and people are overreacting. Yes, it's unbalanced and DE knows that. They're working on a fix.

The fact is that the Dojo's are pretty neat. DE didn't have to put them in at all, but they did. A lot of people feel it's unbalanced, but overreacting is not the correct way to solve the problem. We need to give DE well-written and informative feedback rather than bringing out our pitchforks the minute something goes wrong.

But listen man, I know where you're coming from. You're entitled to your own opinions on how you want to handle the current situation, be it a boycott or uninstalling the game completely, but just take a minute and realize how much DE has added to this game and have a little faith that they're going to fix things. If they release a new update and the resource cost for Dojo's have gone up, then you can complain. But they just came out and it'll take some time to figure out exactly how to make them right.

Yeah, you're right. And I personally am not advocating a boycott. My original post was more directed at the people who brush off any concern about Platinum costs or skewed RNG or whatever with "You're not paying for content, you're paying for convenience" or some variation of that. It's an argument I've heard used to justify some truly ridiculous costs in other games. 

I've only been playing for about a month or so, and I don't really have a whole lot of experience with DE. I just found it worrisome that they seemed to be veering in a direction that has ruined other games that I enjoyed. So I can sympathize with the OP, even if I don't really agree with his ideas. 

Extra, Extra! Read all about it! The OP has posted a non constructive complaint thread about an issue that DE directly stated that they are working hard to fix as we speak.

Seriously though, constructive criticisms are always a good thing. Petty whining and meaningless threats to "boycott" are not.

A proper post would have been more like the following: "I am not happy with how the initial alpha costs of clan dojo tiles turned out. DE should look at scaling the costs for every 10 members within a clan, to a minimum and maximum cost value, with some sort of timeout (a week maybe?) on the cost scaling down to avoid abuse."

Edited by GottFaust

DE should go into code-freeze mode, stop implementing new stuff and fix existing stuff rather. there are so many bugs that have been reported and are still ingame. balancing issues, ability issues (some are just useless because others are way better, example nyx, why use my 1st ability, 3rd one is the same just for more enemies, ash shuriken...)

DE should go into code-freeze mode, stop implementing new stuff and fix existing stuff rather. there are so many bugs that have been reported and are still ingame. balancing issues, ability issues (some are just useless because others are way better, example nyx, why use my 1st ability, 3rd one is the same just for more enemies, ash shuriken...)

Ash Shuriken or Gun....Shuriken or Gun.... HMMMMMMM tough choice. 

The issue has been addressed.

Did you see sneering? Or did you see apologies and regret about how small clans got the shaft? Do you think we're having cake and eating too when we are looking at making 2000 member and 2 member clans happy? Do you see how we got no eating and no cake? You said it yourself, large devoured, small got shaft. No cake.

I've said this multiple times - we don't like the situation for small clans and we're working on it.

50 is a initial cap size we're experimenting with. Will solo house building, new and more powerful sentinels, new environments, lore, expanded AI sets and factions, new weaponry keep a solo player happy? Yes. Will we also expand on our support for clans yes.

This thread is based on frustration and holds no actual feedback and no grounds for a discussion.

Locking this.