The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Believe Warframe Is Going Uphill Or Downhill?

AnOldAlias

^ Title.

I dunno why, I like creating discussion topics.

Keep your conversations civil, please. If you can. :p

Personally, I think [DE]/Warframe is going uphill right now. Though I think that at the beginning or closer to the middle of next year, things will stagnate for a long while. Maybe for a few months, or the rest of the year. That's my general opinion/idea of it, anyway.

i think its going uphill but to keep on going uphill i think de should make warframe alittle less grindy. not so everything is easy to obtain but just so we dont spend our lives grinding for a certain thing. also they could make researches and cost to make something a little less expensive aswell (a dual zoren and atomos for the twin baslok... really :/). other then that i think warframe is and will stay going uphill for a very long time.

Can't really say. There's an alright flow of content, improvements to a dated movement system, but I just can't shake the feeling something's wrong. Don't know what that is though.

Maybe it's the grind. Maybe gameplay is just getting stale. Can't say for sure. So I'd say the line is staying flat with a few fluctuations up and down.

I think of it like a line graph expressing the stock price for a healthy company. Generally rising at a steady pace with the occasional dip. Some of these dips are more significant than others.

The causes of these dips include but are not limited to:

The creation and subsequent buffing of Nullifier units.

Poor weapon and Warframe balance.

The Chesa Kubrow.

Releasing weapons that require multiple weapons to build.

Not making Typhus.

Edited by Plasmaface

uphill on some areas and downhill on others...

its all the same

if youre trying to get a idea if everyone thinks the game is dying.. then thats certainly not the case... warframe is nearing its peak interest... only a matter of how long before it reaches that.

There have been ups and downs. Melee 2.0, UI 2.0, the Liset, etc. were good. As have been Limbo, Equinox, and a bunch of the newer prime stuff. DE going into full-blown cashgrab mode a while back and adding more rare resources, more weapons that require other weapons to craft, the original kubrow upkeep mechanics, and so on and so forth in order to make the grind so bad to make you just pay for stuff wasn't good. Archwing was nothing special, IMO. The void grind has become a pain in the &#!, especially for some of the newer prime frames (though hopefully that'll get straightened out soon-ish). 

Overall, Warframe's a lot better than when I started (Parkour 2.0 made the game so much more fun for me), but recently (last couple of weeks) I've been playing a lot less. That Juggernaut farm for Atlas' quest is not fun. Then Disgaea 5 came out and put another nail in that coffin.

I really don't know. The game keeps getting bigger, getting new mechanics and better presentation. Those are the good parts, I guess. However...

- Balance is terrible, for frames and for weapons.

- Grind keeps getting considerably worse.

- Mechanics are left unfinished and only get looked at months later (if not years later).

- Timewalls keep getting more and more obnoxious.

- Some bugs really stand out, but don't get fixed *cough*GrineerCommander*cough*

- Enemy design is pure trash. Parasitic Eximi, Ancient hooks, nullies, knockdowns everywhere, Commanders, etc.

- DE has no consistency. They say one thing and then do something opposite of that. Weapon balance is the biggest evidence of this.

I can't tell anymore.

uphill for sure there are some changes to make things better that the newest weapon, eather it needs a big buff ​(say 50-70 increased base damage) to make spending an atomos worth it or remove the need for the atomos entirely for the craft and use a normal crafting ingredient like polymer bundles or something

According to steam stats, warframe has 32k users online at this moment. Always in the top 10 most played games.

Last time I checked that was some months ago and the average was around 20k, so I'd say is doing pretty well, and thats only counting the ones thay play through steam.

I think it tip-toeing up hill.. but it's not enough.

1. Mission variety.... we're just grinding out the exact same mission types over and over wether it be in the void or any planitary node, I think they need to take a look at how we play the content from a very basic level instead of the copy paste mission design we have now... 13 planets plus the Derilict and the void yet the only variance is enemy level and faction.

2.Weapon diversity.. "Oh Look.. new duel swords" I wonder what that experience will be like... I think that they should really take more time when designing new weapons to make them feel like somthing we havent experienced before.. not just slight variations on thier stats, in the case of melee it's obvious that one of the limiting factors are the stances... theres too few. Mabey design weapons with more dramatic variance in behavior synergy with stances.. Long weapons (Galitine) with an effective AOE stance (Cleaving) Shorter weapons (Scindo) Single target (Tempo) as a design approach, rather than just mocapped cool looking attack combo's that in practicality may or may not be effective.

I like the steady influx of content in Warframe, I think the balance of quality and quantity is dipping a little too heave on quantity.